PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just for fun – which receiving duo would you rather have?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which receiving duo would you rather have?

• Randy Moss & Wes Welker (2007-09)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Rob Gronkowski & Julian Edelman

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, I think Brady is a better QB with Gronk than Randy.

Brady had his greatest year ever with Moss as his go to guy...it's not even close....yet you believe Gronk makes him better?
Brady's 2007
----------------
Most wins 18
Most TDs 50.......11 more than any other year
Highest completion %....68.9
Highest TD %..........8.9
Highest Ave yds/att...........9.4
Highest rating........117.2
Highest QBR..........87.08

More wins, more points, better stats with Moss........but Gronk makes Brady better?

Guess defenses chose not to counter Moss with "good defensive play" 23 times in the end zone in '07...in the greatest WR season in NFL history.
Excellent analysis
Moss was great, but he could be shut down through pressuring Brady before a bomb can be thrown, getting physical at the line of scrimmage or with great fundamental coverage with safety help. Sure it seemed unstoppable at the beginning of 07, but teams eventually caught up to it and his performance definitely waned later in the season and playoffs. In 09, teams proved that if they could get physical with Welker and cover moss sufficiently, they could stop the NE offense.

Moss and Welker.

Let me know when this Patriots offense can walk into any hostile environment and put up 40 points before halftime without breaking a sweat.

Brady had his greatest year ever with Moss as his go to guy...it's not even close....yet you believe Gronk makes him better?
Brady's 2007
----------------
Most wins 18
Most TDs 50.......11 more than any other year
Highest completion %....68.9
Highest TD %..........8.9
Highest Ave yds/att...........9.4
Highest rating........117.2
Highest QBR..........87.08

More wins, more points, better stats with Moss........but Gronk makes Brady better?

They had a season for the ages no question. But it was just one year.

Let's expand the sampling size...

Brady w/ Gronk (59 games):
PPG: 32.7

Brady w/ Moss (36 games):
PPG: 31.86

something about randy moss just makes me smile. Beat triple coverage consistently and I'll never forget the one hand Statue of Liberty grab against revis in 2010

I'd rather have Gronk and Edelman. Randy Moss is about as unlikable as a person could be while Gronk is a lovable lump. It's no contest for me.

Many interesting points on this discussion, I don't understand how a few people think moss and wes stalled in the super bowl. Welker dropped ball is understandable but in all reality our offensive line was beat like a red headed stepchild by the Giants front 7. Moss was running by there secondary like it was nothing, unfortunately the ball never got there, had it got there we wouldn't be talking about Welkers drop because we win going
away. Prime wes is better than prime Edelman and moss himself was the only thing that prevented him from being the greatest receiver ever at any position.

If Randy didn't go full diva in 2010 then we could have seen both him and Gronk on the field for a full season. Could you imagine? I know Moss was past his prime at that point, but he was still a threat in that offense. Combine that with Gronk, Welker, and the Convict and that could have been one deadly offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back