Welcome to PatsFans.com

Just curious-would BB and Pioli do this?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

If McFadden is this good then the Pats should just take him. The whole thing just doesn't sound right. The Pats would trade their 1st for the Cowboy's two. I think Jones would call BB's bluff if he insisted on Barber too.
  2. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -10

Based upon the draft pick trade chart:

#4 Pick 1800 pts
    #18 Pick 900 pts
    #31 Pick 600 pts

Even if the Cleveland Browns do not qualify for the playoffs but end up with a decent record, there is not enough value provided with two first round draft picks. Therefore, a player such as Marion Barber would fill the void. If not, I'll take Bradie James.
  3. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

but the draft chart values have become a bit outdated, because everyone is trying to trade down. everyone realizes that the best values come later in the draft. when everyone is a seller, you need to adjust your price
  4. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -10

The Patriots will have a number of holes to fill on defense next year especially with regard to potential retirements and unrestricted free agents:

Asante Samuel UFA
    Randall Gay UFA
    Tedy Bruschi UFA
    Junior Seau UFA
    Eugene Wilson UFA
    Rodney Harrison ???
  5. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -10

There also could be quite a few buyers for quarterbacks as well as Darren McFadden.
  6. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

So McFadden isn't that special player? Just wondering. I've never seen him. Don't you think the Boys have needs elsewhere too. It sounds like you're saying this trade would happen because Jones is somewhat incompetent.
  7. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

no. he's saying we have more pressing needs elsewhere than at RB. on top of that, great CB's are more valuable than great RB's
  8. JoePats

JoePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

They're not doing anything w/ three running backs...Jones is an unrestricted free agent who they reportedly will not re-sign.
  9. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -10

Jones drafted Quincy Carter. Does that answer your question?

Why do the Patriots need another running back? Answer ...... the Patriots don't need another running back with one of the greatest offenses in NFL history. Meanwhile, the Patriots will need to fill a number of holes on defense next year.
  10. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

If the Pats ended up with the #4 overall, I would happily take Dallas's "Cleveland #1," Dallas's 2nd rounder and Bradie James. It'll never happen, but I'd rather do that than two #1's and Barber (which would also never happen).
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  11. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Does Dallas need another RB? Their tandem looks good to me. Hey maybe Jones doesn't get it. In his shoes I'd resign Barber and build from there.
  12. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -10

Julius Jones isn't special while Darren McFadden has Adrian Peterson qualities.
  13. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Well if the Pats can pull this off the media will go from shooting hate bullets to tossing hate grenades.
  14. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -10

Jerry Jones isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Besides with the #4 pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Patriots will be in the position of power not the Dallas Cowboys.
  15. ATippett56

ATippett56 Rookie

Ratings:
    +291 / 5 / -10

That's the whole idea. Look what the NY Giants gave up to trade for Eli Manning in the 2004 NFL Draft.
  16. solman

solman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Any executive that thinks the #18+#31 picks are worth less than a #4 pick should be immediately fired.

This year's #4 pick is reported to cost $46M against the cap over six years. #18+#31 cost less than $25M over five years (both sets of numbers depend on playing time incentives being met, and the player(s) being worth his contract).

The only reason to keep the #4 pick is if it gets you a specific player that your franchise really needs.

If BB/SP could pull off this trade it would be a big win.

But they are more likely to trade for one pick this year and one pick next year since other teams consistently under value picks in future years. (poor San Francisco :))
  17. patpatriot

patpatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh man if the Pats could get Barber. Man I love that player...he's like the Wes Welker of running backs.
  18. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Why does everyone one what MB3 so bad anyway i'd rather have the 2 picks and another in another round because then you have even more leverage for trade. if you get a player you have to see if he is worth sirning or not and besides i fully expectthe pats to trade down a couple of times because of the teams that will need QBs
  19. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

If the trade happens well before the draft, Goodell might actually be pleased he doesn't have to deal with the publicity of the Pats (possibly the SB champion Pats) picking in the top five.
  20. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +631 / 11 / -6

Personally, I'd settle for the 2 firsts, an ILB, and Justin Rogers. :D
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.