PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just a rumor, probably not true, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
R_T26 said:
Just wanted to let you guys know, and my cousin is always reliable. Dont be surprised you guys when this happens. You heard it from me first. Go Raiders, and God Bless the nation. Let me know what you guys think about the information.

Is this Ty Law?:bricks:

i just spoke to my cousin who is NEVER WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING and he told me that the EXACT OPPOSITE is true and that this guy is wrong.

what it comes down to is who's cousin do u trust?

Digger44 said:
I guess I do not understand why you guys want a WR who will sit on the sideline and laugh and applaud when his QB is sacked. Just to be a butte he parks in the owners space. The guy has serious talent and serious character issues. If the Pats were going to take that type of plunge then go all the way for Moss. As for those who try to compare Porter to Dillon, you have no clue about what you are talking about. Cory didn't show character flaw. He always gave 100%. Porter is a clown, he is not a Partiot. He does not deserve to wear our uniform.

Hey Digger, what's happening to you? Making some great points lately.

You're weirding me out.:D

Last edited:
I'd take Joey in for a try anyday.

Corey wasn't a saint in Bengal land; contrary to some people's views.

I'm not saying that what he did was classy... but... I remember that Rodney Harrison was noted in the past as a pretty dirty player.

Sometimes a new scenery provides another outlook.

I doubt any of this is true.

He said nothing would happend till week 6.

I thought the trade deadline was week 4

Screw Porter. No no no no no no. I dont want that P.O.S on the Patriots. He is not a Patriot. We have had people like Rodney Harrison and Dillon have bad reps then come to NE. But Porter is a flat out piece of ****. I dont want the guy. I like our recievers being they are decent and they are incredibly cheap.

Kdo5 said:
I like our recievers being they are decent and they are incredibly cheap.

I like our receivers too, but you said it, they are "decent". Not great. We have a rookie with a dodgy hammy making his way very slowly; a veteran getting there with the system; a 72-year-old legend who played half of Sunday at nickel back; a guy who's probably a 3rd receiver at best and a practice squad player the team clearly doesn't believe is ready for the NFL yet; And that puts us one or two injuries away from the receiving corps being thin and a serious weak spot in a team with obvious Championship potential.

We have a ton of cap space and BB says the Club will do what it needs to do to strengthen the team.

Jerry Porter - a*****e or not, and I don't know too much of the background - strengthens this team on the field, and he's probably the best there is available out there, and time is running out.

I'd take him.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
Hey Digger, what's happening to you? Making some great points lately.

You're weirding me out.:D

lol thanks ray. this is how i used to post all the time before the board broke down about 8 months ago.

MrBigglesWorth said:
i say wait it out for a 3rd rounder. and pay cash also this year if you can do that

This is what I am thinking.....

Kdo5 said:
Screw Porter. No no no no no no. I dont want that P.O.S on the Patriots. He is not a Patriot. We have had people like Rodney Harrison and Dillon have bad reps then come to NE. But Porter is a flat out piece of ****. I dont want the guy. I like our recievers being they are decent and they are incredibly cheap.

Just for my own curiousity, maybe you and Digger can explain what is so bad about this guy that we know as a FACT. In other words, we know that he was laughing about something on the sidelines during a game that he was inactive for, and that the QB was sacked during that time frame. Has anyone asked Porter what he was laughing at exactly? Is it possible that this is just a media creation, and he had some legitimate reason to be laughing about something that was funny?

I really hate Oakland and have paid no attention to Porter. What has he done that is so awful? I haven't paid attention and don't know about the whole situation.

I don't know much about him and would appreciate a rational answer that is objective about the situation, either from a detractor or someone who is willing to give him a chance. Thanks!

I do remember that he was supposed to have talent. Is he injury prone?

Jacky Roberts said:
Who cares, its a fun rumor. Whats wrong with letting our imaginations run wild?

I like your outlook!

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Just for my own curiousity, maybe you and Digger can explain what is so bad about this guy that we know as a FACT. In other words, we know that he was laughing about something on the sidelines during a game that he was inactive for, and that the QB was sacked during that time frame. Has anyone asked Porter what he was laughing at exactly? Is it possible that this is just a media creation, and he had some legitimate reason to be laughing about something that was funny?

I really hate Oakland and have paid no attention to Porter. What has he done that is so awful? I haven't paid attention and don't know about the whole situation.

I don't know much about him and would appreciate a rational answer that is objective about the situation, either from a detractor or someone who is willing to give him a chance. Thanks!

I do remember that he was supposed to have talent. Is he injury prone?

Well, here is a good start. Stay tuned, I have to go out, but I will be back later.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/15134084.htm

Thanks for the info. Seems like he would be better off staying with the Raiders than joining the Pats. ;)

I had heard that he wanted to be traded, which is the same thing that Dillon demanded in 2003, I believe. And I don't put ANY creedence into what he happened to be laughing about as he sits on the sidelines, because it is hearsay.

But the stuff in these articles is a lot more serious in nature.

I hate the Raiders so much that I have really 'blacked out' any info about them at all since the Tuck Game. Those crybabies deserve Porter. :D

If the Pats trade a 1st rounder to the Raiders it would be for Moss, not Porter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe