PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon wants out of Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that point it would make the trade Jones for Gordon and Cooper. I still think that's okay value. But, that 2nd could also be a receiver on its own.
OK value? A receiver in the 2nd round? Come on, man--this guy had 1646 receiving yards a couple years ago. Getting him on the Pats would be un-freaking-believable.

OK value? A receiver in the 2nd round? Come on, man--this guy had 1646 receiving yards a couple years ago. Getting him on the Pats would be un-freaking-believable.
I don't argue with that whatsoever. You just have to account for his being one drink away from an indefinite suspension into the value equation. Laquon Treadwell is great, but he would be a hell of a lot less draftable if he could be kicked out of the league at the drop of a hat.

Tomorrow is the last day for reinstatement isn't it.

Brady to Gordon and thats single touchdown in a season record broken by a QB and a WR

I don't disagree with this IF Gordon wasn't in trouble of getting kicked out. If you trade a 2nd and Gordon gets tossed again, you've basically traded Chandler Jones for Jonathan Cooper. That's not great value. The question becomes, at what point is it worth the risk? You say the 2nd. I'd say it should be closer to a 3rd or 4th rounder. Cleveland probably doesn't move him for that price, which makes it tough to gauge his value.

Tomorrow is the last day for reinstatement isn't it.

That would be 60 days since he applied for reinstatement? Probably a decision coming Monday then. It's odd you haven't seen any reporting on it.

If Griffin III goes to Cleveland it reduces the chance of the Browns getting rid of Gordon IMO. The two played together at Baylor

If Griffin III goes to Cleveland it reduces the chance of the Browns getting rid of Gordon IMO. The two played together at Baylor
I still don't see the reason for CLE to trade Gordon under any circumstance. He's one of the most talented young WRs in the league on a cheap contract, they're not going to get equal value so might as well keep him.

Id trade our 2016 2nd round pick (61) our 2017 3th round pick.
David Andrews (replaces Alex Mack), Sebastian Vollmer, and Aaron Dobson.

For Josh Gordon & Joe Thomas.

This would seriously increase our chances of ending out Brady's career in epic fashion.

This would seriously increase our chances of ending out Brady's career in epic fashion.
You'd probably have to substitute Aaron Dobson with another draft pick there. I doubt any other team would even want to waste a roster spot on Dobson at this point.

You'd probably have to substitute Aaron Dobson with another draft pick there. I doubt any other team would even want to waste a roster spot on Dobson at this point.

Its more of a just throw him in a get rid of him part of the deal

I like the thinking but this organization clearly thinks Dobson can play theyve kept him when they let go of Thompkins, Boyce, Tyms, Hankerson.
Yet Dobson is currently on the roster

@H_Grove
Josh Gordon (@JOSH_GORDONXII) has deleted all of his tweets prior to February, including any referencing Johnny Manziel. #Browns

Takes a long time to delete all those tweets. His earliest tweet now is asking for a fresh start.

I like the thinking but this organization clearly thinks Dobson can play theyve kept him when they let go of Thompkins, Boyce, Tyms, Hankerson.
Yet Dobson is currently on the roster

I personally believe he hacked Marcus Cannons phone and found those naked pic's of Belichick. Its the only logical reason.

Last edited:
@H_Grove
Josh Gordon (@JOSH_GORDONXII) has deleted all of his tweets prior to February, including any referencing Johnny Manziel. #Browns

Takes a long time to delete all those tweets. His earliest tweet now is asking for a fresh start.
All I want for Christmas is Gordon and Brady to tear the league up.
Danny A and Cannon plus a second for a fourth and Gordon.

@H_Grove

That's interesting. I wonder what the motivations there are?

This is a really interesting proposal. I think we could have the start of something here, especially seeing what Cleveland is trying to do. I'd be willing to bet they hold off for a 1st round pick for Thomas, but I'd like to explore this.

That's interesting. I wonder what the motivations there are?
Would you want any association with Johnny Football? If you're trying to clean up your image and gain reinstatement, publicly disassociating yourself from an alcoholic, self-entitled rich boy is the smartest possible thing you could do.

Would you want any association with Johnny Football? If you're trying to clean up your image and gain reinstatement, publicly disassociating yourself from an alcoholic, self-entitled rich boy is the smartest possible thing you could do.
That's right, I forgot about them being buddies. Didn't they just go to a UFC fight very recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes