PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon wants out of Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah don't think they'd want to take on his cap hit. Would throw in Dobson. Guy that has shown some ability maybe a change of scenario and a more simplistic offense would help him.

nfl statement
CeFNBsYVIAYrONp.jpg:large

Someone's scared Pats might trade for him once he gets reinstated.

Players Union should be involved from tomorrow IMO

nfl statement

The league has created a situation where even throwaway one-liners like that seem completely plausible to me.

I' ve been staring at and pretty much ignoring this thread for the past few months now. Any one who has read my crap knows by now that I have very little regard for the critical importance of individually talented WR's to the ultimate winning and losing of football games. History is littered with the bones of great WR's who played for teams who rarely made the playoffs. That is the kind of correlation that too may fans seem to ignore blithefully when they cry out for the NEXT WR on their never ending wishlist.

But the fact is that Josh Gordon is the kind of player, I think I'd like to have. It's been years now and I can't seem to get the TD he made against the Pats out of my head. It's not that he scored, but was the way he just PULLED AWAY from the defenders with a burst of speed that Pats fans, quite frankly, just don't see very often.

The truth of the matter is the kid isn't bad. He's imature and likes his weed. That makes him the typical millenial. rather than a bad person. And because of that he's a considerable risk for any team that takes him on, he'd never going to get true value for his servives. To this point he hasn't shown the mental discipline to do the things he needs to do to start to regain the potential he's shown in the past.

The thing is that he isn't the typical precision WR that has thrived here. Even if he came here it would have to be with the understanding that we'd have to make some accomidations. We could never expect him to micromanage percise cuts, but on the other hand having him being a realistic deep threat and able to fight for the ball on those sideline back shoulder throws would make him an invaluable piece of an offensive puzzle, even if he were far from the most used target.. His mere presence would crack open the rest of the receivers4

So for those reasons, I'd be find with holding my nose and spending up to a 2nd round pick and taking a shot at Josh Gordon, warts and all

Why do I feel like I have just been to my other halfs father to ask his permission for her hand in marriage.

Why do I feel like I have just been to my other halfs father to ask his permission for her hand in marriage.

Well, if nothing else your are respectful, traditional individual.

I wouldn't sign the stupid SOB doper for league minimum. More importantly, Neither would BB even entertain the idea!

Randy Moss says hi,
So Does Kevin Faulk

nfl statement

Seriously? Wtf? How much "information" needs "developing"? You expect me to believe you can't figure out if a guy, who has been out of the league for a year and has likely taken multiple drug/alcohol tests in that time, has violated the terms of his suspension within a TWO MONTH window? My god. If I got presented this information at my job and asked to make a decision on it, I would probably be given two minutes to do so, not two months. "Oh, yeah, he hasn't failed any tests in over a year and he applied for reinstatement over two months ago, and we reinstated guys like Gregg Williams no problem-o, but ya know, we just can't figure out what to do with this one! On the one hand, he hasn't violated his suspension and absolutely deserves to get back into the league. On the other hand, the Patriots might trade for him. Sooo... we'll get back to you by August. Maybe."

Seriously? Wtf? How much "information" needs "developing"? You expect me to believe you can't figure out if a guy, who has been out of the league for a year and has likely taken multiple drug/alcohol tests in that time, has violated the terms of his suspension within a TWO MONTH window? My god. If I got presented this information at my job and asked to make a decision on it, I would probably be given two minutes to do so, not two months. "Oh, yeah, he hasn't failed any tests in over a year and he applied for reinstatement over two months ago, and we reinstated guys like Gregg Williams no problem-o, but ya know, we just can't figure out what to do with this one! On the one hand, he hasn't violated his suspension and absolutely deserves to get back into the league. On the other hand, the Patriots might trade for him. Sooo... we'll get back to you by August. Maybe."
You're obviously underestimating how hard it is to "develop necessary information" when one's head is stuck up their arse.

has likely taken multiple drug/alcohol tests in that time

Pretty sure someone in that tier 3/tier 4 stage of the substance abuse program has to take multiple tests per month, if what I've read is true. The higher one goes in the program, the more testing they are forced to submit to, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Gordon has given them some lengthy data to prove his case.

Of course, we also don't really know whether or not all of those tests were clean, or that he followed his instructions for counseling etc, either. Either way, the whole case seems puzzling, and while I'm obviously skeptical as to what the NFL's agenda is here, I'm not just going to assume that it's necessarily anti-Pats related....yet. :D

Pretty sure someone in that tier 3/tier 4 stage of the substance abuse program has to take multiple tests per month, if what I've read is true. The higher one goes in the program, the more testing they are forced to submit to, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Gordon has given them some lengthy data to prove his case.

Of course, we also don't really know whether or not all of those tests were clean, or that he followed his instructions for counseling etc, either. Either way, the whole case seems puzzling, and while I'm obviously skeptical as to what the NFL's agenda is here, I'm not just going to assume that it's necessarily anti-Pats related....yet. :D
Yeah I think you're right about the frequency. However if he was failing some of his tests, would he be applying for reinstatement? I guess he could be. With what we know about the NFL, I'm more inclined to believe Gordon has been clean for over a year and the league is just delaying and causing problems without reason, because they get off on it I guess.

They actually have twice as many NFL trophies as the Pats.

Wouldn't that be the Ravens? Are we really supposed to pretend that this mess of a franchise is the same organization that won all those titles back in the day and the Ravens aren't? That's just silly to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST