PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joseph Fauria signed to Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he has not but it's a small sample size as of yet to go hard off on the guy. And yes I believe one reason Fauria was brought in was to create "competition" and get Chandler to focus more as he needs to do.

I never had great expectations for the man, so I'm not really bothered. I just understand, and can accept, the reasoning of those that are.

I like Chandler, but for every good play he makes, he makes two bad ones.

His wide open drop against the Giants was so irritating to watch. Then a play later to see Gronk make an extremely difficult shoe-string catch with ease, made it look even worse.

Eh, Ben Watson and Daniel Graham did that here for how long?

Anyway, I don't think Fauria's here exclusively to challenge Chandler. I think it's so Mike Williams can get more work at tackle.

It wasnt an end of game kick. It would have been as forgotten as all of Vinatieri's misses/short kickoffs have been.

Most people forget that Vinatieri actually missed two kicks in SB 38.

If the final score had been reversed—the Pats losing by three instead of winning by three—I assure you those two misses would not be forgotten.

Anyway, I don't think Fauria's here exclusively to challenge Chandler. I think it's so Mike Williams can get more work at tackle.

Good point about Williams even though I'm not sure it's so. Maybe. Versatility.

And as to Dan Graham. I remember seeing him at rookie year camp several times in Smithfield that summah. The Twig was extremely impressive as a rook but in sharp contrast Graham had problems lining up and had hands of stone. I was younger then and quicker to get down on a player. The bad hands continued for maybe two seasons when whatever he'd been doing to improved worked and he became a really decent TE, just not worth the big $ that Denver I think was willing to pay him.

At least Danny Graham was a dominating blocker in the passing and running game and was never a serious receiving threat. I always saw him as whatever offense came from him as a bonus. It made the occasional drop somewhat tolerable.

Watson kinda drove me nuts. He'd make theses great plays then foul up a routine one. He was serviceable, though.

If you cannot even make the Lions practice squad.....yeah.

You seem to overlook the rumors that someone on the Lions came out as being Gay.. And then there was the picture of Fauria by himself and NO ONE sitting on any of the benches during the game after the rumors surfaced..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back