PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathon Cooper foot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
well at least we got a draft pick still.

Thought he would be an excellent addition. Carting off never fun.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
hopefully it's just a strained ligament, not bad mechanics after his broken leg. and that they give him time enough to heal properly. he still could be productive, won't give up hope yet, but this does not bode well. at least he is at a position with some degree of depth.

plantar fascia is painful and it won't go away this year as he needs to rest. his footwork, which is essential as a linemen, is going to suffer.

plantar fascia is painful and it won't go away this year as he needs to rest. his footwork, which is essential as a linemen, is going to suffer.
link above gives a good overview of plantar fasciitis, but most of the times I've heard it mentioned as afflicting an athlete it was a chronic condition. that would fit the description in the link ("it gets weak, swollen, and irritated (inflamed). Then your heel or the bottom of your foot hurts when you stand or walk.") but doesn't seem it would bring out the cart. Getting carted off sounds more likely to be some sudden traumatic event, like a serious strain or tear. That might have a different prognosis. Still not good for his prospects to contribute this year. As you rightly point out his footwork will suffer. we'll see. it is what it is.

...but doesn't seem it would bring out the cart. Getting carted off sounds more likely to be some sudden traumatic event, like a serious strain or tear. That might have a different prognosis.

Not necessarily. I had this early in life, too (like Cooper) and it nagged at me for about three years. And at that point I was just jogging and playing some basketball. The question is one of severity. If he got carted off, it isn't a good sign. But the rate of recovery is very individualized, and I'm sure he will have access to stuff I never did.

It takes a lot of discipline to manage: you have to wear something while sleeping, never walk around barefoot, etc. but in time it heals up.

My bet is that he won't be available until mid year, but that's just throwing a stone in a pond.

Considering his history of injurys guess better to get hurt now then during the season

My bet is that he won't be available until mid year, but that's just throwing a stone in a pond.
yeah, that was my first thought about timeframe. he'll probably be shut down for training camp, might end up on the IR-designated-to-return if nobody else bumps him for it. too bad. but if anybody can fix him mentally it will be Scar, as long as the pt folks get him physically sound.

link above gives a good overview of plantar fasciitis, but most of the times I've heard it mentioned as afflicting an athlete it was a chronic condition. that would fit the description in the link ("it gets weak, swollen, and irritated (inflamed). Then your heel or the bottom of your foot hurts when you stand or walk.") but doesn't seem it would bring out the cart. Getting carted off sounds more likely to be some sudden traumatic event, like a serious strain or tear. That might have a different prognosis. Still not good for his prospects to contribute this year. As you rightly point out his footwork will suffer. we'll see. it is what it is.

i've had this condition in both of my feet. i couldn't do much of anything - in pain all the time. It occurred because I wore shoes without much arch support. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I got new shoes, my feet made some improvement. They did not get back to normal for a while though. If Cooper is going to play with plantar fascia, then it will delay the ultimate healing process. Eli manning played through this a few years ago and didn't play particularly well that year.

I had it when I was about 35. I was walking one day and boom, I couldn't walk anymore. Got crutches, Wore a boot for weeks and got shots for the pain. It was a real problem for a couple of months the pain stopped completely out of nowhere. But the pain is miserable.

The chances of all these young interior lineman cooper included working out is slim to none. If you get one long term starter out of the bunch that's great

The chances of all these young interior lineman cooper included working out is slim to none. If you get one long term starter out of the bunch that's great
Injuries are part of how it gets sorted out. Unfortunate, I was hoping the fresh start would help him turn it around. Still a hope but somewhat fainter now.

Well considering they made it to the AFCCG with those young guys all banged up and shuffled around...I'd say your hypothesis is incorrect.

I believe the Pats traded Chandler for a 2nd round draft pick and 8 Mi in cap space. Cooper was a bônus, a nice one, but I never expected him to come here and be a dominant left guard.

Lets see how this goes , the problem is that 2nd rounder turned out to be what, Valentine??

I believe the Pats traded Chandler for a 2nd round draft pick and 8 Mi in cap space. Cooper was a bônus, a nice one, but I never expected him to come here and be a dominant left guard.

Lets see how this goes , the problem is that 2nd rounder turned out to be what, Valentine??

Joe Thuney and Malcom Mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes