PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathon Cooper foot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've had this condition in both of my feet. i couldn't do much of anything - in pain all the time. It occurred because I wore shoes without much arch support. It took me a while to figure it out, but once I got new shoes, my feet made some improvement. They did not get back to normal for a while though. If Cooper is going to play with plantar fascia, then it will delay the ultimate healing process. Eli manning played through this a few years ago and didn't play particularly well that year.

will you PLEASE STOP with the hysteria? PLEASE, I'm begging you. Jeezus krist, I've had this condition.Lots of friends also. THIS solves the problem and fast. I think the Pats medical staff is WAY WAY WAY more on top of things than you...

htp_heel_seat_zoom.jpg

This guy reminds me of the signings of Robert Gallery and Jonathan Sullivan in that they were all guys that the Pats coaching staff had hard-ons for in the draft, but never lived up to their draft status. If Cooper's career ends with his last stop being a Patriots training camp, that would not be unexpected.

I have had this problem in both of my feet not at the same time. They told me treat it or not same healing time 3 months

This guy reminds me of the signings of Robert Gallery and Jonathan Sullivan in that they were all guys that the Pats coaching staff had hard-ons for in the draft, but never lived up to their draft status. If Cooper's career ends with his last stop being a Patriots training camp, that would not be unexpected.

Sullivan didn't give two craps about football.

Cooper seems to care. Just has a body that can't hold up.

lets not write him off just yet
Dante sees him as a starter - thats whats important.
Looking forward seeing him back

lets not write him off just yet
Dante sees him as a starter - thats whats important.
Looking forward seeing him back
I suppose we know that Dante sees him as worthy of competing for a starting job, but that's about it. Even if Cooper has been getting reps on the first team, they have only been in pads or allowed to make contact for a few days now so it doesn't mean much. Cooper has to outplay some solid competition at Guard, and almost more importantly, prove that he can stay healthy to make the team let alone be a starter.

Last edited:
will you PLEASE STOP with the hysteria? PLEASE, I'm begging you. Jeezus krist, I've had this condition.Lots of friends also. THIS solves the problem and fast. I think the Pats medical staff is WAY WAY WAY more on top of things than you...

htp_heel_seat_zoom.jpg

That and stretching and rest have done it for me. I've had the issue very recently - a couple of weeks ago. It came because I was running 2-3 miles every morning and playing hoops 4 days out of the week after work. **** is painful especially when you've been sitting for a long time and get up. Once you upgrade your sneakers or put some inserts in and you allow it to rest while stretching it every so often, you're good to go.

I've got it going on right now (been walking barefooted too much). hurts like all get out.

For me at least, it's not debilitating - was briefly, but back to some yoga, lots of stretching, better shoes, and it's been reduced dramatically.

You have to stretch every 30-minutes and especially when you get up in the AM before you place that foot on the ground. I've had it and it takes work but you can get healthy again.

Had it a couple of times. For me it was stretch and work through it. Important to
work it slowly getting out of bed.

By now Cooper has been paid his $1.7 million roster bonus. His 2016 salary is fully guaranteed.

I believe the Pats traded Chandler for a 2nd round draft pick and 8 Mi in cap space. Cooper was a bônus, a nice one, but I never expected him to come here and be a dominant left guard.

Lets see how this goes , the problem is that 2nd rounder turned out to be what, Valentine??

Yeah, I was hopeful, but Cooper was kind of an "if everything goes more or less right" flyer. A plantar fascia issue is the opposite of everything going right. I'm now assuming he'll be basically a JAG for us, in which case I'm still fine with the trade because I don't think he was a major part of it to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back