PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Molori's Media Blitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Fox analysts show ignorance toward McNabb; TV and radio veteran Ed Berliner starts sports website.

More...

good article, John. Thanks for the read. Right on about McNabb, as well.

Hey, was Flutie also analized and criticized differently than other quarterbacks? Of course he was.

Everyone comes with something that makes them different and opens them for scrutiny.

One thing that is problematic is McNabb's blanket assessment of "black quarterbacks." I think that this is what has caused people to "raise up" and comment. Collectivist viewpoints cause people to get a little wigged out. They are all encompassing. And, they don't allow for individuality. In some ways, Donavan came off as if he was speaking for ALL black quarterbacks. Does he have the right to do this? Maybe I am wrong here and you don't see his comments this way. This distinction in my opinion is important. He has said that it was his opinion. And, that brings it a little closer to individuality and self responsiblility that many people respect in a person. But, there is still this kernal of a feeling that he is taking an us against them stand, and this type of division is going to get people's ire up.

People don't really talk about collectivist thinking. The idea is that there is strength in numbers. If we all stick together, we can do great things. But, when it comes to the wants and dreams of people, or the attitudes and treatment of people, the collectivist grouping can really cause problems. Each person has to stay with the pack in a collective and not be an individual, even if he disagrees. If he goes against this thinking, the group says that he is not being loyal to his kind, or what ever. So, he has to either do as the collective says, or be outcast. Maybe called some name that makes him seem to be exactly what he is not. A coward. It takes great strength to go against this collective.

I think that some people in society really see the individual, as a hero. Collectives are seen as irritating by these same individuals. And, I think that this is the problem with McNabb's comments.

So, if he simply said, "I have been scrutinized differently because I am an african-american quarterback", the outcome would have been different. People would certainly have made comments, and he may have even gotten more scrutiny, ironically. It would have been different.

The issue is paradoxical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft