PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Verizon FIOS & Cox Media(Fox Boston & R.I) In Dispute 12/15/22. Hope They Settle By Sunday

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Our contract with Cox Media Group (CMG), owners of channels WFXT FOX in Boston and Rhode Island, WPXI NBC in Pittsburgh, and PCNC (Pittsburgh Cable News Channel) in Pittsburgh, ended on December 15, 2022 and your Fios TV package contains their programs. We currently do not have the rights to show their programming.

Just reading email from Verizon now.
Anyway if no deal, us FIOS people will need alt viewing Sunday

Just got this email from Verizon
Earlier today we emailed you regarding Cox Media Group (CMG) and a change in programming. Please disregard this email. This notice was sent in error and we apologize for any confusion.

Our contract with Cox Media Group (CMG), owners of channels WFXT FOX in Boston and Rhode Island, WPXI NBC in Pittsburgh, and PCNC (Pittsburgh Cable News Channel) in Pittsburgh, ends at 11:59 PM EST tonight (December 15, 2022). Your Fios TV package contains their programs.

We are working hard to negotiate with them to reach a new agreement. Verizon remains committed to making these channels available to our customers.
Still an issue for Sunday though
Will see if I can find my digital antenna

Just got this email from Verizon

Still an issue for Sunday though
Will see if I can find my digital antenna
I wish you luck. Digital reception is often weak and makes me miss the old ugly, but reliable analog days.

When it is windy it is really bad.

Ffs. Still never going back to Comcast though.

Yeah, Comcast keeps threatening the local NBC station here in North Central CT...which is the one from Springfield (go figure). This rights management stuff is just tedious.

Comcast is threatening to take Fox off here where I live. I hate Comcast almost as much as I still hate Don Shula.

You can get Hulu+ Live TV bundle for like $50/month for first few months and $75/mo after that

It has every single network that airs NFL football with the exception of TNF which is on Amazon Prime exclusively

You can load the Hulu app on any modern day smart phone, and then just Cast right to a TV in high definition as long as you have a decent internet connection

I cord cut from Comcast and I'm able to watch literally everything I was watching before, except for maybe Science channel but ill have to double check because that may even be available thru Hulu

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Happy to hear this, Fios has already locked out Fox Boston because I live too close to Providence.
I was getting so fed up I started searching for an antenna/rotor to put on the chimney... been considering cutting the cord for awhile now, I just find it tedious when I visit houses that have already....

O ya, this app for this, this one for that, spotty OTA etc....

If you have YouTubetv and an android phone/tablet….just spoof your location somewhere else that has the game and cast to tv. That’s how I catch all the games down here in TN.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back