PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Fox is out in Denver

John Elway presser right now. Starts off by saying "there's one person I'd like to thank, and that's John Elway ... I mean, John Fox." Oops. Also says "I like the talent on this roster". Translation: "I did my job, Fox didn't do his."

So he'd probably be a fit in Cinci if Jackson takes his equally supreme talents elsewhere.

It worked for Jay Gruden!

I understand the right thing is to hire the guy not the resume, but this idea of taking the OC or DC from the most talented teams seems to be a consistently failed method.

There's probably about 25 other franchises who would've been delighted with three playoff seasons and a superbowl appearance.

My name is John Elway and I would to thank ....John Elway.

kinda sounds like both Elway and Manning did not care to much for the way Fox was leading them maybe that run first game plan they had the last 6 weeks of the season is what got fox out

Broncos General Manager John Elway said he and John Fox didn’t see eye to eye about the future of the team, and that’s why Fox is no longer the team’s head coach.

“The main thing between John and I was we disagreed how to get to the next level,” Elway said. “The biggest miss between us was how do we take that next step.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...disagreed-about-how-to-get-to-the-next-level/

Fox: Manning is done, John. He just doesn't have what it takes.

Elway: Manning's staying. He's got another year left in him.

Fox: Well, I'm not buying that. I've seen him for 3 years, John. He's cooked.

Elway: Time for you to move on, then.

Fox: Yep.

Fox (to self): Now I'm going to get stuck with Cutler in Chicago? Son of a.... Well, maybe I can get THEM to ditch the QB.

Damn NFLN. :mad:. Watching NE/RAVENS replay, and they cut it off right when the 2nd half was kicking into "decieving" mode, and they cut into Elway being asked the same question, 15 times. "Whats up with Pay-a-Ton?." 40 mins of the game left, and never returned. :( I even missed the flea flicker

If Dan Quinn is a sure thing why did the Rats ask to interview John Fox?
Woody is covering his bases. As I said you never know if he'll change his mind at the last minute. If he does, they'll have a PLAN B.

According to?????

Jetfans?
The Jets were prepared to fly to Seattle . .. had they lost on Saturday. And Alex Marvez and others have reported this. He can still change his, but it's looking as if he is going to be our Head Coach.

John Fox joins the Broncos defense, the Colts defense, Rahim Moore, Mike Vanderjagt, Bill Polian, the Colts defense, the Colts roster, the Broncos roster, Marvin Harrison, the NFL rulebook, the weather, the Patriots cheating, the Colts offensive line, the Broncos offensive line, the Broncos scoreboard operator, Jim Caldwell, Reggie Wayne, the onside kick in the 2010 Super Bowl, Tom Moore, the refs, University of Tennessee's roster, and injuries as Peyton Manning's latest scapegoat.

Congrats John. You won't get lonely with that type of company.

You can see why he loves Manning. I mean has there ever been a bigger pair of egomaniacs pressing huge heads against each other than John Elway and Peyton Manning?

If he brings back Peyton, they deserve all the humiliation and the crash and burn and fire and smoke that will no doubt result at the end of yet another futile attempt to turn Peyton into a champion, without the NFL rolling out that red carpet for him.

After this latest choke, his psyche is shot beyond repair. And Fox knows it too. He thinks he could more easily salvage that other choking diva in Chicago before he could ever save Peyton. That says a lot.

You can see why he loves Manning. I mean has there ever been a bigger pair of egomaniacs pressing huge heads against each other than John Elway and Peyton Manning?

If he brings back Peyton, they deserve all the humiliation and the crash and burn and fire and smoke that will no doubt result at the end of yet another futile attempt to turn Peyton into a champion, without the NFL rolling out that red carpet for him.

After this latest choke, his psyche is shot beyond repair. And Fox knows it too. He thinks he could more easily salvage that other choking diva in Chicago before he could ever save Peyton. That says a lot.
It'd be kinda funny to see Manning get SB MVP with a passer rating in the 70s though.

That "Thank you to John Elway" gaffe reminds me in an odd way of the Howard Dean eeeeayyyyyaaaaagh thing that sunk him.

Fox is a great coach... if you like playing with your tail between your legs.

That "Thank you to John Elway" gaffe reminds me in an odd way of the Howard Dean eeeeayyyyyaaaaagh thing that sunk him.
Yeah, although Elway will suffer no repercussions. But it's really weird to make that sort of mistake referring to yourself.

There's probably about 25 other franchises who would've been delighted with three playoff seasons and a superbowl appearance.
But those teams obviously weren't all in.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back