PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton on Skins vs. Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: John Clayton on Skins vs Pats

Since you incessantly denigrate the New England Patriots, my intrusion is warranted especially when the FACTS disprove your worthless claims.
Why are you so bitter and hostile??

Why are you so bitter and hostile??
Why do you post nonsense on this message board? Why does every thread concerning the Patriots require a Colts reference from you?

By your token Tom Brady was single handedly responsible for the championship it sounds like.

well, he had help from #4! Seriously, the whole talk of system QBs over the dynasty was based on the fact that we had few Pro Bowlers, not loads of talent as you suggest. Its actually the reverse of your argument. We had little marquee talent, which is what has made TBs accomplishments that much more impressive. Now that he has such weapons, its blitzkreig and his numbers are eye popping.

The system QB part comes in to play when you consider TBs smarts. That he has adapted to every different gameplan that BB has laid in his lap, which is no small feat when you've had such limited breakout talent. The dink dunk, WR screen in place of a run game, the possession drives...all of these required TB to process decisions instantaneously- which is where he excels. He is a cerebral QB on par with Joe Montana.

well, he had help from #4! Seriously, the whole talk of system QBs over the dynasty was based on the fact that we had few Pro Bowlers, not loads of talent as you suggest. Its actually the reverse of your argument. We had little marquee talent, which is what has made TBs accomplishments that much more impressive. Now that he has such weapons, its blitzkreig and his numbers are eye popping.

The system QB part comes in to play when you consider TBs smarts. That he has adapted to every different gameplan that BB has laid in his lap, which is no small feat when you've had such limited breakout talent. The dink dunk, WR screen in place of a run game, the possession drives...all of these required TB to process decisions instantaneously- which is where he excels. He is a cerebral QB on par with Joe Montana.

I agree dude, I understand that what Brady is doing this year is nothing short of remarkable and I also don't believe Brady is a system QB. That 2001 season is just something that I don't think any one can ever explain. Call it destiny, call it luck, call it whatever you want but however you splice it, the Patriots won a championship under Brady that year.

Something else that goes a little unseen is the number of coaches Brady has had. He's learned some complex systems from Weiss and McDaniels and as you said, adapts well to all situations. System QB isn't the correct phrase, the correct way to put it is a guy who can understand a system and execute it to perfection.

Brady and Marino couldn't be more polar opposites then they are. Marino just dropped back and chucked it because he could. But perhaps that's why he was never a world championship. I would disagree with that idea and say that it was because of awful defense and no running game but I could understand that argument.

I don't understand the hate for Clayton, he's one of the best writers out there IMO. (Hall of fame write that is.)

make the face quiet please.

The time of possession proves my point.

The fact that the Colts D was crap, and that the Pats D was dominant and kept Manning off the field probably had a lot to do with the time of possession and the 200 yards rushing don't you think?

Atippet, how come you guys go on and on about Brady never having any talent surrounding him, then when I point out the FACT that it was the Pats D that won those Super Bowls you come back and try to hype the offense? You want it both ways much?

I never said the O was bad, they were good. I mean look at Brady's stats, he couldn't have gotten those if the rest of the offense were total crap like you guys make them out to be. But they weren't great and if they didn't have that D, they wouldn't have 3 rings. How can you argue that?
How many Pro-Bowl offensive players were on the New England Patriots from 2001 thru 2006? How many 1000 yard receivers did Brady have from 2001 thru 2006? How many 1500 yard running backs were on the New England Patriots from 2001 thru 2006?

As for the 2003 NFL season, the New England Patriots rushing attack was so bad that it ranked 27th in total rushing yards and 30th in rushing yards per attempt.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe2003.htm

Nice call, Clayton!!!! :D :D :D

Clayton ends up looking like a big idiot again. 52-7. That was the biggest blowout by the Pats this season and one of the biggest in the history of the Pats organization. Trap game? LOL.

Rumor has it that John Clayton paid Peyton Manning to show up for his birthday party. Too bad no one else showed up for the event, not even Sean Salisbury.

Let these idiots keep chattering. They only look dumber and more irrelevant as the season goes on.

The Professor doesn't whiff often like this. He's an excellent writer and commentator. But he whiffed badly this time. He'll learn from this. People are learning at varying speeds. There is a shock factor to this that some people cannot quite shake. They will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back