PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton on Skins vs. Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: John Clayton on Skins vs Pats

What tremendous offensive talent in 2001? As far as I can tell, Tom Brady only had two wide receivers in 2001, Troy Brown and David Patten. Meanwhile, tight end Jermaine Wiggens struck fear in the hearts of opposing defenses with 14 pass receptions during the entire 2001 NFL season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe2001.htm

You changed what I said. I said amazing TALENT, not offensive talent. And you're also over looking the offensive line, the most important part of any offense. Look at how well the Titans are playing despite having a fat running back, young receivers who only drop the ball, and the most over rated QB since Michael Vick who turns it over more than 1 time per game.

Last edited:

You changed what I said. I said amazing TALENT, not offensive talent. And you're also over looking the offensive line, the most important part of any offensive line. Look at how well the Titans are playing despite having a fat running back, young receivers who only drop the ball, and the most over rated QB since Michael Vick who turns it over more than 1 time per game.

And in '05 Brady led the league with backups across the line.

Brady doesn't play defense, and that has little to do with him being a system quarterback.

I almost forgot to mention, the Skins have only allowed one passing play over 30 yards all season. :)

I almost forgot to mention, the Skins have only allowed one passing play over 30 yards all season. :)
The Patriots can beat you in many ways. Brady has been known in the past to dink and dunk an opposing defense to death. Meanwhile, running back Laurence Maroney is back to full health once again, as evident by today's injury report.

And you're also over looking the offensive line, the most important part of any offense.
You mean offensive tackles Tom Ashworthless and the useless Brandon Gorin? How about household names like Adrian Klemm, Greg Randall, and Kenyatta Jones? More like stiffs in the graveyard than competant offensive lineman.

You mean offensive tackles Tom Ashworthless and the useless Brandon Gorin? How about household names like Adrian Klemm, Greg Randall, and Kenyatta Jones? More like stiffs in the graveyard than competant offensive lineman.

By your token Tom Brady was single handedly responsible for the championship it sounds like.

Clayton hasn't really said anything I didn't think to myself.

Of course I also agree with the notion that people will call any game not against the Colts a trap game.

But his points against the Skins are spot on!

Clayton hasn't really said anything I didn't think to myself.

Of course I also agree with the notion that people will call any game not against the Colts a trap game.

But his points against the Skins are spot on!
So why not the same criticism of the Colts this weekend?

Personally I think John Clayton is a idiot to say these things. What is your opinion on this article.
Clayton was an idiot long before he wrote this.

The media is going beserk over the Indy-Pats game, completely overlooking Panthers-Redskins, and now they wonder about trap games. Dungy/BB haven't been going nuts, but that makes no difference to the media. They specualte and then act suprised when the speculation doesn't come through.

Felger has made a career out of saying, "The Pats violated their own rules when they signed Moss, drafted Meriweather, etc etc" completely ignoring the fact that BB has NEVER stated any such rule or philosophy. The Media says, "This is what the Pats do," and when they don't do that, instead of saying, "We were wrong," they say, "The Pats violated their own rules."

Clayton, Hoge, etc are bigger idiots because they have a national audience and can thus embarrass themselves in front of more people.

Rest assured that the Patriots are not looking past the Redskins. Right now the Patriots are busy viewing film on your defense.

If you call Tom Brady a product of "the system" you'll need to define what that system is.

As near as I can tell Brady has excelled with an ever-changing cast of offensive personnel in as many different offensive idioms as I can think of, from shotgun spread offenses to offenses based on power running. The offense has changed a lot from year to year, and even from game to game.

He's not a ******* Run N' Shoot quarterback.

I don't understand the hate for Clayton, he's one of the best writers out there IMO. (Hall of fame write that is.)

ok the Miami game is over now... see you in a few weeks :rolleyes:

Yes considering Drew Bledsoe was 5-13 in the same system.

Yes since Tom Brady did not have two first round drafts at wide receiver and a first round draft pick at left tackle unlike Gomer in Indy.
Talk about whining. I just don't get this crap about TB didn't have this, and didn't have that. Talk to your coach about that problem. LT is a pretty impt position, wouldn't you say? BB chose his team, focused on defense, and won some rings, what's the problem??

The Patriots can beat you in many ways. Brady has been known in the past to dink and dunk an opposing defense to death. Meanwhile, running back Laurence Maroney is back to full health once again, as evident by today's injury report.
Agree, if the injury report says he's a go, he must be 100%:rolleyes:

Talk about whining. I just don't get this crap about TB didn't have this, and didn't have that. Talk to your coach about that problem. LT is a pretty impt position, wouldn't you say? BB chose his team, focused on defense, and won some rings, what's the problem??
Funny how my response was directed towards AquaMoronForever and not BanColtsMoron. Also I wasn't whining but explaining about the lack of all world offensive talent at Tom Brady's disposal in the past.

ok the Miami game is over now... see you in a few weeks :rolleyes:

I've been a member since '05, sir. I'm here to stay, plus FH is down so I have no where else to talk football?

Funny how my response was directed towards AquaMoronForever and not BanColtsMoron. Also I wasn't whining but explaining about the lack of all world offensive talent at Tom Brady's disposal in the past.
You whine, and you intrude on my responses constantly.

you don't like it?

LEAVE

I think it is kind of funny that an article has to be written to suggest that a coach of one team needs to worry about the players on the other team. I mean we are talking about professional footbal.......Right???? The shear fact that a writer chose to explain why a PROFESSIONAL football contest deserve the proclamation that the other team exists, probably speaks to how amazing this team truly is.

P.S. Does anyone have any good ideas about the type of protest we have to stage when MANGINA comes into our house? The SOX fans throwing money at Johnny Damon and that was classic, we need to do something comparable. My suggestion would be to throw VHS tape when he walks out of the tunnel, but I doubt stadium security will allow it. Any ideas??????

You whine, and you intrude on my responses constantly.
Since you incessantly denigrate the New England Patriots, my intrusion is warranted especially when the FACTS disprove your worthless claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft