PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Beck cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Dolphins justified taking receiver Ted Ginn with the ninth overall pick in lieu of Brady Quinn by picking Beck a round later. If/when Quinn ever plays — and if he plays well — Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller would be wise to never go to South Florida again."

Hilarious.

Say, wasn't there a young Phins fan here who guaranteed us that Beck was "The Future"? :)
Yeah, a couple of them. The same guys who told us that Dane CUlpepper was a better Qb than Brady.

Would they really cut this guy? They can't find a team willing to trade at least a low pick?

That's what I'm thinking. Cutting him makes no sense. Surely a team like the Bears would give up at least a 4th for the prospect. He certainly didn't show enough one way or the other last year to rush to any kind of bust judgments.

Nothing to do with you personally or any potential interest in...John Beck, lol.

It's just those posts in general have been plaguing the board this off-season and I've been making a point to protest against them when I see.

Why on earth would you tender sensibilities be so offended by some random person on a discussion board of thousands daydreaming about one player or another coming to the pats?

Why on earth would you tender sensibilities be so offended by some random person on a discussion board of thousands daydreaming about one player or another coming to the pats?

It's the opposite

I have a problem with people who make a sarcastic comment whenever a new free agent is considered for the team.

That's what I'm thinking. Cutting him makes no sense. Surely a team like the Bears would give up at least a 4th for the prospect. He certainly didn't show enough one way or the other last year to rush to any kind of bust judgments.

It also makes no sense considering they're evaluating the dude still. They have a competition between him and Henne going on, I doubt they're cutting Beck this early.

I still think it was a unbelievably stupid call to pass on Quinn.

I still think it was a unbelievably stupid call to pass on Quinn.

That is part of the reason that none of that regime is in Miami... Cameron could not be a head coach, good oc , bad coach...:banned:

The thing about Beck is that he is not a 'kid', he's an older guy. That being said, I see the Phins keeping 3 QBs because they know that Penny is an interim solution. I think that Chad would be a good cerebral mentor for a developing QB, not that I think there's anyone on the Phins roster who'll develop into even a mediocre NFL starter.

The thing about Beck is that he is not a 'kid', he's an older guy. That being said, I see the Phins keeping 3 QBs because they know that Penny is an interim solution. I think that Chad would be a good cerebral mentor for a developing QB, not that I think there's anyone on the Phins roster who'll develop into even a mediocre NFL starter.

Beck is awful........he will get cut....I see Cassel getting the axe from us

Beck, my man!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday