PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JJ Watt apparently to miss extended period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did @dikembe not break this story after his convo with Watt? Is he not to be trusted?

Ouch. That's a big loss for the Texans. You never like to see anyone hurt. Especially a great player like Watt. Damn, those are the breaks sometimes.

Dude came back way too soon.
Guys keep trying to be like Welker or adrian Peterson and end up hurting themselves, it happens in Baseball all the time with guys coming back from Tommy John

Looks like another surgery for Watt. Yikes.

We know of former players who have come back to play and still had success (James Harrison comes to mind) after back surgery/diskectomies, but I cannot immediately think of any who have returned after a 2nd one. That said, I certainly wouldn't count JJ Watt out of anything, even if it means that he'll have issues down the road when his career is over.

They really messed up not holding Watt back. Missing a whole year instead of a month of the season is huge. Especially when they're hosting this season.
Yes. I remember thinking over the summer, "Oh good! The Texans will be without JJ Watt when we play them and maybe we'll have a chance to win." (this was during my dark, depressed, unbelieving stage). So it was a little shocking that not only did he play the game against us, but he started the season. Although I know our D did a great job against the Texans, it was also a little shocking that he was SO invisible during that game. Now we know why. I hope he gets better soon, for the sake of his life long health.

Ouch. That's a big loss for the Texans. You never like to see anyone hurt. Especially a great player like Watt. Damn, those are the breaks sometimes.

it's called karma

Man, the Texans just took a huge blow to their chances of making the playoffs again. That sucks for them. I have the feeling that they will unravel a bit after the embarrassment on Thursday night and Watt now being out for the remainder. You can follow the model, but having mentally tough players is something different, and I just don't see it with the Texans right now. I could be wrong, though.

Are you thinking permanently, Deus?

I don't know the specifics of the injury/surgery, so I wouldn't go that far. It bears watching, though, as the initial issue was a herniated disc, and this is a follow up situation.

I have the feeling that they will unravel a bit after the embarrassment on Thursday night and Watt now being out for the remainder.
I agree. They don't seem to be a mentally tough organization. It took them years to recover from the letterman beatdown, for instance.

Man, the Texans just took a huge blow to their chances of making the playoffs again. That sucks for them. I have the feeling that they will unravel a bit after the embarrassment on Thursday night and Watt now being out for the remainder. You can follow the model, but having mentally tough players is something different, and I just don't see it with the Texans right now. I could be wrong, though.
Yes, it seems we really rained on the Texan's parade. It also sucks for them that Ostweiler is not performing up to expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back