PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS SUCK 2023 EDITION (JOKER CERTIFIED): HARD KNOCKERS

They still might have drafted McMilfson according to the below linked article. Would've been even more epic had they done that.

"[LaFleur], along with Rex Hogan, were in 2021 draft meetings selling the narrative that there was a legit argument Wilson was better than [No. 1 overall pick] Trevor Lawrence," one source said. "[Some of us], we're like, 'What the f---?!' It's one thing to like a player; it's another to pump a prospect up higher than he actually is."

They still might have drafted McMilfson according to the below linked article. Would've been even more epic had they done that.

"[LaFleur], along with Rex Hogan, were in 2021 draft meetings selling the narrative that there was a legit argument Wilson was better than [No. 1 overall pick] Trevor Lawrence," one source said. "[Some of us], we're like, 'What the f---?!' It's one thing to like a player; it's another to pump a prospect up higher than he actually is."
The jests would have ruined Lawrence just like they ruined punky

Someone needs to get Rodgers addressing this on the record. "Aaron, how does it feel tossing a monkey wrench into Nick Bawden's livelihood so you can waste a roster spot for no good reason and distract from the team's game prep?"

If what this article proposes is accurate, that the Jets didn’t pursue a competent, experienced QB this season because they didn’t want to upset Rodgers, then that’s franchise malpractice.

It’s obvious that they failed to acquire a quality QB after Rodgers went down in week 1. I’m sure the Jets brass will publicly deny that offending Rodgers was the reason, but is there a better one? They have a playoff caliber defense. An average offense would make them a postseason contender. Maybe the asking price for someone like Ryan Tannehill or Kirk Cousins (pre-injury) was too high, but Flacco was a FA and played for the Jets last year. There’s an article out there that states Flacco wanted to rejoin the Jets in September, but Saleh committed to Zach Wilson instead. Of course, Wilson flamed out as a starter last year, which is why they turned to Flacco. Why not run that back this year? Maybe there’s a better explanation out there, but keeping Rodgers happy is the one that makes the most sense. If the Jets had Wilson and Flacco this year, there wouldn’t be an “Aaron the Savior” storyline throughout the season.

I could see squandering a season like this for a QB who was the face of your franchise for a decade, but Rodgers has a 4 snap history with the team. If it wasn’t so pathetic, it wouldn’t be the Jets.

IMG_9070.thumb.jpeg.5c2358ed795d32d5978505d0a3252a61.jpeg

I think Nick is gonna be able to cope.

Will she be happy losing most of his salary for the next month?
Damn, francis.

I'm guessing she's ok since he was off the team for a day. In addition, she apparently makes a good deal of money herself.

Damn, francis.

I'm guessing she's ok since he was off the team for a day. In addition, she apparently makes a good deal of money herself.
Bawden went from a deal paying $1M a year to about $300K.

Damn, francis.

I'd say that is a doubtful guess. Neither husband nor wife would likely be happy with Aaron Rodgers' vanity ploy dropping their income from $940k to $48k for the holidays. Bawden now is on the Jete practice squad.

Bawden went from a deal paying $1M a year to about $300K.

I'd say that is a doubtful guess. Neither husband nor wife would likely be happy with Aaron Rodgers' vanity ploy dropping their income from $940k to $48k for the holidays. Bawden now is on the Jete practice squad.

I'm glad ya'll took a joke and turned it into whatever you think you're saying. Glad you could get it out.

The Jete had 103 yards total offense and four turnovers vs. Miami. Perhaps we should ease up on complaining about the Pats offense just a tad 'cuz it could be worse.

Angry Football GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

This Jets year, and this thread, are a reminder to never complain about anything about the Patriots.

I'm glad ya'll took a joke and turned it into whatever you think you're saying. Glad you could get it out.

If that post was meant as a joke, your sense of humor could use a tune-up. ;)

First, WTF is going on that this thread dropped off the front page?!?!

Second, from the Washington Post article on the worst sports decisions of the year:

Aaron Rodgers chooses to be a Jets quarterback​

Return to menu
Oh, Aaron. You thought a quarter-century of calamity at quarterback for the New York Jets wouldn’t come for you?

To recap: After the Jets nearly reached the Super Bowl in 1998, Vinny Testaverde led a team with the highest of aspirations into Week 1 the following season, only to suffer a torn Achilles’ tendon in the first half. (Sound familiar?) His successor, Chad Pennington, suffered repeated rotator cuff tears that sapped his arm strength, then was released after the Jets acquired Brett Favre, who promptly suffered one of the few major injuries of his ironman career. Favre was replaced by Mark Sanchez, who gave the world the “Butt Fumble” before injuring his shoulder when he was put back onto the field in the fourth quarter of a preseason game the following year.
That opened the door for Geno Smith, whose grip on the starting job — and whose jaw — was soon broken when a teammate punched him. Smith’s time with the Jets ended the next year when he suffered a torn ACL. A couple of years later, New York drafted Sam Darnold, whose follow-up to a promising rookie season was stalled when he contracted mononucleosis. Shoulder issues also dogged Darnold, and he was traded in 2021 so the Jets could clear a spot atop the depth chart for Zach Wilson. Physical setbacks haven’t been Wilson’s biggest problem so much as a general inability to play quality football at the NFL level, but he did suffer his share of injuries in his first two seasons.
A certain four-time MVP with the Green Bay Packers, however, thought things would be different for him. Very different. Super Bowl different, even. Which led to April’s blockbuster trade.

Sorry, Aaron. You thought wrong.

A dominant defense. A controversial star QB acquisition who didn’t work out. Flashy skill players. A legacy of failure to contend with. 11 wins and headed to the playoffs.

The Browns are the Jets if they had made intelligent midseason adjustments to meet the challenges thrown at them. They too have had to start 4 different QBs this season. But one team evolved and adapted and the other team is the Jets.

Hot Sauce Crying GIF by First We Feast: Hot Ones

Me, watching the Browns beat the Jete.

A dominant defense. A controversial star QB acquisition who didn’t work out. Flashy skill players. A legacy of failure to contend with. 11 wins and headed to the playoffs.

The Browns are the Jets if they had made intelligent midseason adjustments to meet the challenges thrown at them. They too have had to start 4 different QBs this season. But one team evolved and adapted and the other team is the Jets.

The Browns also managed the loss of Nick Chubb. Imagine how much worse the Jets would be if Breece Hall was lost for the season in Week 4.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back