PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS SUCK 2023 EDITION (JOKER CERTIFIED): HARD KNOCKERS

Saleh is trying everything to save his job and everything to lose his job.
Bim really looks like a cow on ice, which is an old Scandinavian saying that totally makes sense if you've ever seen a cow on ice. Its hooves slip so it tries harder to get a grip but ends up exhausting itself, while going nowhere.

It's hard to know how much of this is his own fault. Clearly he started the year with a aging QB with a long injury history, no decent backup QB, and a bad OL. How much of this was due to the coach, the GM, or the owner is hard to say. Yet he doesn't get a pass. Any idiot could see that was a recipe for failure. Heck, I'm an idiot and I posted that here in the off season. If nothing else, he should have done whatever it took to get a decent backup QB. That in the end, IMO, will be what causes him to lose his job.

The bad communication is definitely his fault. His strong backing for Punky while it's clear he was in over his head week after week is on him. All the players were watching him at the podium saying Punky was his starter, their ******** detectors were going off the scale just like ours were. Throwing it to Boyle and to Simian was proof that was ********. Now throwing it back to Punky is an absolute disaster. Everyone can see Bim is in over his head and throwing **** against the wall hoping some sticks. Meanwhile GM Douglas is not saying a word, letting Bim twist in the wind, making sure none of that **** lands on him. A totally Jetsy way to run the team, IMO.

Wow! It seems Bim is closer to being out the door than even I thought! They have another five games to play. It's gonna be amazing to see if he makes it the rest of the season.

If any of this is true — and assuming the two had an off-the-record agreement about their exchange — it’s a total violation of trust on Benigno’s part, but ultimately, Saleh is the one to blame. Loose lips sink ships for a reason. The Jets’ boat was already doomed before this revelation, but Saleh being so candid, regardless of perceived confidentiality, is alarming. While Benigno seems wrong in every way, Saleh also sounds like a man who doesn’t care if he’s in New York long enough to see an Aaron Rodgers return.
All train-wreck franchises should be required to entertain, if nothing else. If you can’t win, at least be interesting off the field. Either Saleh goofed by confiding in Benigno or he’s at the point where he no longer cares. Everyone knows which friends they can tell confidential information to and not worry about it getting out. Apparently, Saleh had the radio host in the wrong group.

As funny as this episode in Jets history is, you can’t get caught up in these types of stories as an NFL head coach, especially when you’ve never had a winning season. It will cause some to wonder whether you’re the right one for this level of responsibility. Then again, maybe Saleh sees the writing on the wall and realizes it was never meant to be in NYC. It’s a funny story, but an all-around bad look for the Jets and their coach.

Wow! It seems Bim is closer to being out the door than even I thought! They have another five games to play. It's gonna be amazing to see if he makes it the rest of the season.

If any of this is true — and assuming the two had an off-the-record agreement about their exchange — it’s a total violation of trust on Benigno’s part, but ultimately, Saleh is the one to blame. Loose lips sink ships for a reason. The Jets’ boat was already doomed before this revelation, but Saleh being so candid, regardless of perceived confidentiality, is alarming. While Benigno seems wrong in every way, Saleh also sounds like a man who doesn’t care if he’s in New York long enough to see an Aaron Rodgers return.
All train-wreck franchises should be required to entertain, if nothing else. If you can’t win, at least be interesting off the field. Either Saleh goofed by confiding in Benigno or he’s at the point where he no longer cares. Everyone knows which friends they can tell confidential information to and not worry about it getting out. Apparently, Saleh had the radio host in the wrong group.

As funny as this episode in Jets history is, you can’t get caught up in these types of stories as an NFL head coach, especially when you’ve never had a winning season. It will cause some to wonder whether you’re the right one for this level of responsibility. Then again, maybe Saleh sees the writing on the wall and realizes it was never meant to be in NYC. It’s a funny story, but an all-around bad look for the Jets and their coach.
Done GIF

Bim really looks like a cow on ice, which is an old Scandinavian saying that totally makes sense if you've ever seen a cow on ice. Its hooves slip so it tries harder to get a grip but ends up exhausting itself, while going nowhere.

It's hard to know how much of this is his own fault. Clearly he started the year with a aging QB with a long injury history, no decent backup QB, and a bad OL. How much of this was due to the coach, the GM, or the owner is hard to say. Yet he doesn't get a pass. Any idiot could see that was a recipe for failure. Heck, I'm an idiot and I posted that here in the off season. If nothing else, he should have done whatever it took to get a decent backup QB. That in the end, IMO, will be what causes him to lose his job.

The bad communication is definitely his fault. His strong backing for Punky while it's clear he was in over his head week after week is on him. All the players were watching him at the podium saying Punky was his starter, their ******** detectors were going off the scale just like ours were. Throwing it to Boyle and to Simian was proof that was ********. Now throwing it back to Punky is an absolute disaster. Everyone can see Bim is in over his head and throwing **** against the wall hoping some sticks. Meanwhile GM Douglas is not saying a word, letting Bim twist in the wind, making sure none of that **** lands on him. A totally Jetsy way to run the team, IMO.
He should have been fired at the end of last year. The owner wanting Rodgers saved him another season but the injury left him exposed once again. Poor time management, Defense talented and good but undisciplined and unprofessional in winnable games, and bringing in Hackett if that was his idea is mental. The rah-rah Head Coach is only as good as their record. The GM has had mixed results FA & drafts but he will outlast this schmo.

He should have been fired at the end of last year. The owner wanting Rodgers saved him another season but the injury left him exposed once again. Poor time management, Defense talented and good but undisciplined and unprofessional in winnable games, and bringing in Hackett if that was his idea is mental. The rah-rah Head Coach is only as good as their record. The GM has had mixed results FA & drafts but he will outlast this schmo.
They will 100% move on from him this off-season.

My only concern is him getting replaced by someone competent. But let's think about this: assuming Rodgers is back next year, Hackett's job is secure. Also, the defense is playing well so you'd have to assume Ulbrich will be back too. If they can Bim, would Woody be stupid enough to make Hackett HC? I don't see a solution unless whoever they hire is OK with hand-me-down coordinators and an established system. Aside from Ulbrich, this whole thing boils down to Rodgers holding the franchise hostage.

Yes, @Steve102 I mentioned Rodgers.

milana_vayntrub_blueberry_ass_expansion_morph__by_slavicculturefan3_dcval4x-375w.jpg

My only concern is him getting replaced by someone competent. But let's think about this: assuming Rodgers is back next year, Hackett's job is secure. Also, the defense is playing well so you'd have to assume Ulbrich will be back too. If they can Bim, would Woody be stupid enough to make Hackett HC? I don't see a solution unless whoever they hire is OK with hand-me-down coordinators and an established system. Aside from Ulbrich, this whole thing boils down to Rodgers holding the franchise hostage.

View attachment 55166
Well, for 2024 the cap hit is $17 million for 2024 with a dead cap hit of $66 million. 2025 brings a $51 million cap hit and a dead cap hit of $49 million. Be interested to see how far they keep pushing the cap hit weight forward. It pays to have him on the roster next year whether he is hurt or not.

Putting two and two together, we have Ahole complaining about leakers in the building, and the next day we get a report that Bim himself is a major leaker. It really doesn't look good for Bim's future as HC of NYJ.

I don't know how far you can go with blaming a rookie HC for personnel decisions when the GM has a lot more NFL experience and we know the owner meddles, yet you can blame him for poor overall leadership, inconsistency in his messaging, and as you say, poor game day decision making.

Bottom line is he'll be an ideal fall guy, with Woody and Douglas being the ones to stab him in the back.

I agree, Bim's departure will give more power to Ahole and we could see Hackett as HC. Given that dope Woody makes the ultimate call, expect that the next HC will be another "all sizzle no bacon" bozo, be it Hackett or someone else that Ahole wants.

Whatever happens, Ahole is now a year older and whatever he does for rehab won't change the fact that he's gonna be 41 next year.

Who needs cold showers when we have @Tunescribe's posts?

View attachment 55166
They can just find a weak HC nobody that will just parrot what Hackett and the other guy tell him.

Issue is when that fails like everyone knows it will, that guy will go down the ****ter.

View attachment 55166
Stand Up What GIF by 800 Pound Gorilla Media

there was no agreement it seems

there was no agreement it seems
That same clip was in the article I quoted from, it's nothing new. What Benigno backtracks on is what he thought Bim's reaction to his questions on putting Punky back in were. What's not in dispute is that Bim and Benigno had the conversation, making Bim one of Ahole's "leakers". Also, there doesn't seem to be any argument that Bim expects a free pass because Ahole got injured. Both of these things aren't a good look for the leader of your organization. The WFAN guys seem to be mostly upset about Benigno breaking Bim's trust by outing the fact that Bim is texting him.

Can you imagine? Seriously.

That guy is hard not to like. Although, I wonder a bit why he's interacting with those neanderthals.
It looked like McDaniels was amused by the Jete fans. Kind of like he would look at the zoo when the monkeys are picking their asses.

Last edited:
Looks like the Jete have found their future Quarterback. Punky has turned the corner and will be the franchise of this team. Current coaching staff should be kept in tact. Just let Fraudgers pick his free agents next year, and 2025 is the year of Punky and the Jete!

They just need to make sure they pick up that 5th year option, and sign Punky to an "Ohtani" level type contract to keep him around.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back