PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS SUCK 2023 EDITION (JOKER CERTIFIED): HARD KNOCKERS

He probably is just so fed up with everything at this point he shrugged and said, "Whatever." Or was preoccupied with how to avoid melting down at the postgame presser.
Maybe he was looking for a napkin!

The Mac/Zack parallels hit too close to home. At least Mac was the 15th pick who has had some good moments and projects to be an ok backup. At pick 2 Zack is a total waste of resources and 3 seasons. Thank goodness the JETE won a couple of games so that they won't be in line for a top 5 pick.

If you want to have a good chuckle...rewatch the Jets Hard Knocks episodes from preseason!

What I remember most from those episodes is how often everyone said "f*ck." Especially Ulbrich, their hardo defensive coordinator. With him it was every other word.

Never saw this before. Maybe it’s better not to comment on their hot mom before the whistle…

So now, it is over. Wilson may play again this season because that is how it goes with the Jets, but he will be released this offseason. He will be somewhere else next summer as a backup.

BB if you're still in NE this summer don't even think about it. Signing Tebow was weird enough.

So now, it is over. Wilson may play again this season because that is how it goes with the Jets, but he will be released this offseason. He will be somewhere else next summer as a backup.

BB if you're still in NE this summer don't even think about it. Signing Tebow was weird enough.

I wouldn't worry about that. If Punky can be rehabbed it'll have to be with a top-shelf QB whisperer. He has the physical tools, just hasn't adjusted to the pro game's mental demands.

I wouldn't worry about that. If Punky can be rehabbed it'll have to be with a top-shelf QB whisperer. He has the physical tools, just hasn't adjusted to the pro game's mental demands.
Just figured if BB really picked up Tebow at camp then who knows. You're probably right though.

Geno 2.0?

Now that he’s basically done, I’ll say that he really does seem like a good kid, tries his best, tries to keep a good attitude, and I feel bad for him. I don’t think he’ll ever be a good QB, as the gulf is too great, but it was hard to really hate him and was more about pity. In fact I almost had to root for him because he was so pathetic but had to remember it’s the Jets.

But I think people can acknowledge what I’m saying. The broadcasters were basically rooting for him as well. He is somehow like-able. Hope he does get a shot somewhere else outside the stench.

Geno 2.0?

Now that he’s basically done, I’ll say that he really does seem like a good kid, tries his best, tries to keep a good attitude, and I feel bad for him. I don’t think he’ll ever be a good QB, as the gulf is too great, but it was hard to really hate him and was more about pity. In fact I almost had to root for him because he was so pathetic but had to remember it’s the Jets.

But I think people can acknowledge what I’m saying. The broadcasters were basically rooting for him as well. He is somehow like-able. Hope he does get a shot somewhere else outside the stench.
I don't know he seems ok until he kicks someone in the balls. Or until he quits on his OC before minicamp is up. I can forgive one of those things.

Now that he’s basically done, I’ll say that he really does seem like a good kid, tries his best, tries to keep a good attitude, and I feel bad for him. I don’t think he’ll ever be a good QB, as the gulf is too great, but it was hard to really hate him and was more about pity.
To me it speaks to how rare it is to find the mix of mental and physical gifts it takes to be an NFL QB in one person. It also has to be accompanied by the motivation to make the most of it, to focus on the sport while largely ignoring the fame and fortune that comes with the job. I do get the sense Punky fell short in some of these areas, but none of us will ever really know basic things like how hard he was trying to focus on football and block out the noise. I know we were spoiled by TFB but it seems we don't get the stories of Punky staying late just to throw balls into a net.

It's strange to note how da Jete have swung and missed with three very high draft picks in a row: Punky, Darnit, Dirty Sanchez. Chad Pennington at 18th was their best QB of the last several decades, and most of us would rate him as 'meh'. I think it shows that draft pedigree is oversold. I think it also shows how tanking is oversold. For every 'suck for Luck' there is a 'suck for Sam'. List of starting quarterbacks in the National Football League - Wikipedia makes for interesting reading: only 9 of the current 32 NFL starting QBs are top-five draft picks.

Overall it does not bode well for Bim and Douglas. They spent money signing Randall Cobb and Allen Lazard who both have been busts, and did not spend any to re-sign Mike White, deciding that Punky was good enough to be QB #2. They also bet and lost that Messy Bacon would be durable. Now they are stuck with going with UConn's Tim Boyle against Miami on a game that will be shown on national TV on Black Friday. The NY Media will be calling for their heads on a platter. I hope they get what they are asking for.

Geno 2.0?

He might seem like a good kid now that he's had the nonsense humbled and beaten out of him. From his rookie year (when team brass anointed him a captain) through last season, he fancied himself as Jim McMahon 2.0. ****y as hell. You might recall the locker room made him persona non grata last year after he told media he didn't believe he let the defense down. Then he issued an apology to his teammates, later getting benched for multiple games to "work on his mechanics." At season's end Bim said he still believed in him.

This is a classic example of playing a promising but immature player too early and with inadequate coaching. They had the idea that sitting him behind Rodgers would help him learn and grow and it might have. But then the worst happened, throwing him back to the wolves behind a shaky offensive line.

Part of what's happened with Punky this season was not his fault, but a lot of it is. Whether his career can be salvaged, who knows? Sometimes I wonder if these young guys just need to grow up a bit more as people before they can sufficiently handle such stress and complexity. They say the human brain isn't fully developed 'til age 25. He certainly is physically capable -- good arm and athletic.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back