PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS SUCK 2023 EDITION (JOKER CERTIFIED): HARD KNOCKERS

Sounds like a fine, upstanding citizen..

Trade Mac to the Jete for Zach AND a first. Sounds fair to me lol

I’ve been to the future. Aaron Rodgers will return, choke, blame the Jets for “clearing him” to play, and there will be a messy dispute over his contract.

A competent organization would have told Rodgers to shut up or, at least, be vague about his potential return but that's why the Jete are the Jete. All the speculation about Rodgers playing again this season is great fodder for the yelling shows, but what effect is it having on the team?

It's been discussed earlier in this thread how the Jets acquired Rodgers to be an upgrade to Wilson, but then had to go back to Wilson as a starter almost immediately. The Jets players, coaches and fans didn't want Wilson to be QB1 again. Heck, Wilson probably didn't want to be the starter again so quickly, but that's not what fate had in store for him. So, with everyone involved being less than enthused that they have to rely on Wilson again, hearing Rodgers saying "I could be back this season" and "I could be back in a few weeks" only makes the situation worse. Imagine being a Jete fan or defensive player on Monday, watching Wilson repeatedly settle for 5 yard dump offs when you need to drive the ball downfield and thinking "Hey, we can bench this guy in a few weeks." What does that do for Wilson for the rest of this month? What happens next month when it turns out that Rodgers won't be coming back? It's crazy that no one in the Jets organization told Rodgers to say something like "I'm working as hard as I can and I'll be back as soon as I can, but I have to wait to be medically cleared" instead of throwing out a possible in-season return and undermining whatever slim grasp Wilson has on the position. The only one who benefits from that speculation is Rodgers and I'm sure he's fine with that.

He could have gone another way with the joke.

Q: "How are Taylor Swift and the Jets alike"?

A: They're both Travis Kelce's *****es.

images

They have an unusually high threshold for defining "disaster."
The last thing they considered a disaster was their only Super Bowl hero acting like a drunken buffoon on TV.

I wanted the Jete to win tonight. **** Tony Pierce and whichever team is employing him.

If I were Skippy I would've FIRED his ass Immediately after that little speech of his.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back