PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets players giving up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta go with Bills over Jets, no matter the Bills record. The bottom line is that the division record means ziltch if we have the better record--and can we doubt that. (we might lose one more, but the bills will match that)

agreed, the Jets have some soft games like us coming up, so who knows what will happen . . . i rather see the Jets out of the playoffs in early December and we can deal with the Bills come New Years Day, so i would like to get rid of one adversary completely, and bolster one a tad, then to have two adversaries each hanging around come early December . . .

we always have the option to deal with the Bills but we can not directly effect the Jets anymore . . . and I think the Bills pose just as big a threat to us as the Jets . . . .

They have a very significant problem with their record in terms of a play-off berth: they have five, count 'em, five AFC losses.

That puts them in a tough position. 5 other teams in contention for the WC have only 2 or 3 conference losses. Bal, Pit, Cin, Den, Buf. A few other have 4 losses. 5 is the worst at this point.

If one more person says that Brian Schottenheimer is the worst OC in the league, I'm going to jump out my chair, enter my computer cyber portal, and put that person in a headlock.

Sanchez is garbage. He has a career 70 passer rating and one of the worst completion pcts every year. He has plenty of talent around him; in fact, the Jets talent is right up there with the Pats. Holmes, Edwards/Burress, Mangold, D-Brick, Green, LT, Keller... are you kidding me? All of the tools are there.

Mike Martz- greatest OC of all-time with that Rams team; not so good with Cutler and the Bears and the other failed tenures. Charlie Weiss and Josh McDaniels were both geniuses when Tom Brady was their QB... how are they doing now?

Defensive coordinators are much more valuable, since the defensive formations and strategies dictates how the offense lines up. Offensive coordinators can do very little besides give the QB some good options that he needs to make happen. Sanchez doesn't make it happen. All of these check-downs are either his own decisions because he lacks confidence or are necessary because the coach's don't, and shouldn't, trust him.

I agree with you, its Sanchez not Schotty but you know if they dont make the playoffs they're going to need a sacrificial lamb and its going to be Schotty, that'll appease the fan base for awhile.

I agree with you, its Sanchez not Schotty but you know if they dont make the playoffs they're going to need a sacrificial lamb and its going to be Schotty, that'll appease the fan base for awhile.

Jets are in decline...

Defense Points allowed
2009- #1- 14.8
2010- #6- 19
2011- #7- 21.7

Rushing Offense
2009- #1 2,756yds 4.5ypc, 37.9cpg
2010- #4 2,374yds, 4.4ypc, 33.4cpg
2011- #25, 96.6ypg, 3.6ypc, 26.9cpg

From 09 to 2011, defense ypp have gone from 4.2, 4.5 to 5.1.
Time of possession has gone from 32 min in 09 and 10 to 30min this year.

Conclusion- Their running game stinks and their defense has fallen off. With that said, I don't blame Sanchez entirely as statistically speaking, Sanchez is on target for the highest comp %, yards, TDs and Qb rating for his career. The problems lie elsewhere. With that said, he is a game manager- not a franchise QB and being asked to do things outside of his skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft