PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS new GM Tannenbaum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There is supposedly a PC at 3:30 to announce the change.
Bradway is still on JETs but demoted to ..... talent evaluator?

JR4 said:
There is supposedly a PC at 3:30 to announce the change.
Bradway is still on JETs but demoted to ..... talent evaluator?

Oh Tannenbaum, Oh Tannenbaum...anti-Jets folks ought to be able to do something with that.

Can someone please explain to me why Eric Mangini would want to get into this mess? Sure it's a head coaching job but this organization is going down in flames.

Got this spam from JI

The Jets have called a “Major†press conference for 3PM today and it’s reportedly to announce that Terry Bradway is out as the Jets’ general manager and will be replaced by assistant GM Mike Tannenbaum. Multiple sources are confirming the news. Tannenbaum, 36, who is being promoted from the assistant GM position and has been with the Jets organization for nine years and will reportedly take over Bradway’s duties immediately.

Sources say that Bradway, who has been with the organization for five seasons as GM, for now will stay with the team in a reduced role, possibly in scouting or player evaluation. He still has two years remaining on his contract.

Nooooooooo.... with Herm gone Bradway was all we had left!!! :D

Hoodie said:
Can someone please explain to me why Eric Mangini would want to get into this mess? Sure it's a head coaching job but this organization is going down in flames.

Tannenbaum is supposedly Mangini's best friend. It is likely that this move was promised during his interview and hiring process. It looks to be the Jets attempt at copying the BB/Pioli combination.

Last edited:
He's not one of the Royal Tennenbaums is he?

Well the Jest fans must be all excited about that. It won't do them any good but hey will get excited.

The good news for Mangini is he and Tannenbaum are buddies. The bad news is according to Holley Tannenbaum is strictly a cap guru (although given their current situation not sure how good a guru) with no talent evaluation experience. Mangini has been in on the discussions here I'm sure, but as a position coach and first year DC I doubt he had much involvement in the evaluation and selection process, particularly at draft time.

I wonder if Bradway's public infatuation with the Vanderbilt QB led to this? I know they need someone behind center when the season opens, but the smart money move given their other deficiencies is to take Ferguson at LT and build an Oline to protect their next franchise QB down the road, and hire a quality journeyman to get them over at least a year of rebuilding.

MoLewisrocks said:
The good news for Mangini is he and Tannenbaum are buddies. The bad news is according to Holley Tannenbaum is strictly a cap guru (although given their current situation not sure how good a guru) with no talent evaluation experience. Mangini has been in on the discussions here I'm sure, but as a position coach and first year DC I doubt he had much involvement in the evaluation and selection process, particularly at draft time.

I wonder if Bradway's public infatuation with the Vanderbilt QB led to this? I know they need someone behind center when the season opens, but the smart money move given their other deficiencies is to take Ferguson at LT and build an Oline to protect their next franchise QB down the road, and hire a quality journeyman to get them over at least a year of rebuilding.
Smart money would be for the defensive HC to build up his defense with Ngata and grab a second round tackle to keep Penny alive for a year. There might be a chance they can get into the Brady Quinn sweepstakes next year.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Smart money would be for the defensive HC to build up his defense with Ngata and grab a second round tackle to keep Penny alive for a year. There might be a chance they can get into the Brady Quinn sweepstakes next year.

Yeah...what he said. They might intentionally bomb this year for a chance with Quinn. I would if I was in Mangini's shoes. Just let Johnson & Johnson know about it ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News