PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Insider: Mangini a Trojan Horse sent by Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Manchurian Coach :rofl:

Wow this is a first for Mangina. I'm sure "trojan" and "horse" have never been used in the same sentence when describing him before.

No so much a Trojan Horse considering anyone who actually followed the Patriots knew Mangini wasn't ready to be a Defensive Coordinator much less a head coach. Woody Johnson just so much wants to make his Jets a carbon copy of the Patriots that he didn't even do his homework to see that Mangini was so vanilla and conservative with his playcalling (Gee Jets fans, where have I heard this recently) that Belichick had to wrestle the reigns away from him.

Personally, I don't see it as a Trojan Horse as much as much like a woman who buys a knock off handbag of a real designer and is shocked when it falls apart in a month. She should have known it wasn't going to be nearly as good of quality as the real thing, but you hope no one will notice.

Ha-ha, jets fans are like that kid who thinks he is going to score with the hottest chick in school, but the rest of the students notice that he has no chance, and no matter what he does, he will never be more than that guy copying all the cool kids, and ending up in last place.

It's a dark alley on the outskirts of a small town.
Two men meet in the darkness, each is wearing a long overcoat and a scarf

"That's a sweet one you pulled off in San Diego Eric", the older man said
"Yea, those dumbazz fans in New York actually thought we would win, Bill", Eric responded, "Just give them an over the hill quarterback and they fell right for it"
"The plan is working to perfection. Have you maxed the Jets cap space for the next five years yet"?
"Almost, I need to sign a couple more losers and I'm done, I was thinking of trading for Porter but he might still have something left in the tank so he won't do"
"You will have to trade for someone, you still have some draft picks left."Bill responded. At any rate, here are your plays for next weeks game. Make sure to tell Brett to up his interception rate. If not he won't make it to be Tom's backup next year".
"He hears you, he's doing pretty well but he still needs to get better timing with the AFC cornerbacks, he's a quick study though, he should be going good in a couple of games".

Bill hands Eric his instructions. The plan is set. They all go back secretly to their place of work, both knowledgeable that their secret is safe.

Last edited:
Reading that entire thing is like being in a great comedy club for a few minutes. I'll give some Jets fans credit for one thing: the ability to laugh at themselves. Great stuff!

They're not really laughing at themselves, it just seems that way.

BB is a shrewd one. He even let Tubby Ratfink beat the Pats once to fool everyone and raise false hopes, ensuring he'd remain coaching the Jest for at least a couple more seasons.

Last edited:
It's a dark alley on the outskirts of a small town.
Two men meet in the darkness, each is wearing a long overcoat and a scarf

"That's a sweet one you pulled off in San Diego Eric", the older man said
"Yea, those dumbazz fans in New York actually thought we would win, Bill", Eric responded, "Just give them an over the hill quarterback and they fell right for it"
"The plan is working to perfection. Have you maxed the Jets cap space for the next five years yet"?
"Almost, I need to sign a couple more losers and I'm done, I was thinking of trading for Porter but he might still have something left in the tank so he won't do"
"You will have to trade for someone, you still have some draft picks left."Bill responded. At any rate, here are your plays for next weeks game. Make sure to tell Brett to up his interception rate. If not he won't make it to be Tom's backup next year".
"He hears you, he's doing pretty well but he still needs to get better timing with the AFC cornerbacks, he's a quick study though, he should be going good in a couple of games".

Bill hands Eric his instructions. The plan is set. They all go back secretly to their place of work, both knowledgeable that their secret is safe.

LOL 10 (characters) :D

Maybe Tubby actually is the Trojan Horse and BB stashed all his Myrmidons in Fatty's belly. Now they wreak havoc inside the impregnable walls of JEST City.

No so much a Trojan Horse considering anyone who actually followed the Patriots knew Mangini wasn't ready to be a Defensive Coordinator much less a head coach. Woody Johnson just so much wants to make his Jets a carbon copy of the Patriots that he didn't even do his homework to see that Mangini was so vanilla and conservative with his playcalling (Gee Jets fans, where have I heard this recently) that Belichick had to wrestle the reigns away from him.

Personally, I don't see it as a Trojan Horse as much as much like a woman who buys a knock off handbag of a real designer and is shocked when it falls apart in a month. She should have known it wasn't going to be nearly as good of quality as the real thing, but you hope no one will notice.

I defer to your superior expertise on women's accessories.

I like the one guy who says BB is overrated because he had Tom Brady. That Tom would put them up by 21 in the first quarter, so BB's defense could abandon stopping the run, and THAT'S what made BB a great coach for the past SEVEN years.

Right, ignore the fact that Tom has only done that consistently in one season. 2007 was an aberation. Most years, Tom doesn't even put up 30 TDs, and he certainly didn't have his team in front 21-0 every game in 2001, 2003, OR 2004.

Jest fans are funny :)

I like the one guy who says BB is overrated because he had Tom Brady. That Tom would put them up by 21 in the first quarter, so BB's defense could abandon stopping the run, and THAT'S what made BB a great coach for the past SEVEN years.

Right, ignore the fact that Tom has only done that consistently in one season. 2007 was an aberation. Most years, Tom doesn't even put up 30 TDs, and he certainly didn't have his team in front 21-0 every game in 2001, 2003, OR 2004.

Jest fans are funny :)

yeah its name is Menlo....jest fans are a funny bunch....

Thats rich! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back