PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fan poll says Jets record 15-1 - only loss to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got the right numbers but they got the order mixed up! 5-11. There, fixed it! :p
I would definitely make the bet that their win total is closer to 5 than 15.
Thats over/under 10, and they havent improved enough to win more games this year than they did last year with a tougher schedule and the liklihood they won't play 2 games against JV squads.

I'm not saying Sheppard was a great corner, I'm saying his game and his strengths and weaknesses were a better fit in a gambling D.
If you blitz all day, you are better having a corner that will leave some cushion and tackle, than a guy who is undisciplined, refused to tackle and gambles to get a pick every 3-4 weeks.

Actually, if I was running a more aggressive defense, I would want a ballhawk. Aggressive defenses force bad throws from QB's more often than not. If Cromartie can get back to his 2007 self (which he won't), he would be a good pick up for the Jets. This is mostly the reason why the Eagles wanted Asante and paid him that much money.

Actually, if I was running a more aggressive defense, I would want a ballhawk. Aggressive defenses force bad throws from QB's more often than not. If Cromartie can get back to his 2007 self (which he won't), he would be a good pick up for the Jets. This is mostly the reason why the Eagles wanted Asante and paid him that much money.
Asante would be a weapon in the Jets defense opposite Revis.

Fans focus too much on what the Jets added and not enough on who they let go. Jets fan also ignore how teams like the Pats and the Dolphins have improved. Chad Henne might turn out to be a better quarterback than Sanchize, and the Pats offense may surprise with the tight end weapons. The Pats D has certainly no place to go but up.

All Ryan's boasts have done is set the Jets as a Bull'e Eye Target in every rivals' locker rooms.

The Jets are putting a good team together, but they are not going 15-1. They still have Sanchez at QB who hates getting blitzed. If he can fix that, they will be tough to beat. If not, they aren't going anywhere. Jets fans should be lucky the Colts allowed them to even go to playoffs last year. However, they were better than the Bengals (the worst division winner and playoff team I had ever seen). 2008 Tennessee Titans comes in a close 2nd.

Last edited:
the jets are going to go 9-7 this season look mcknight is going to
try tk fill the leon washington position but he isnt in shpe who is going to fill thomas jones place??? shonne green who is just proved in 2 games what about faneca????? a rookie maybe willing to fill in for him they dont have a safety and cromartie is really bad he doesnt hAve the abilitg they say

PLEASE humor me and name 20 better receivers. Ridiculous.

Randy Moss
Wes Welker
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
Reggie Wayne
Larry Fitzgerald
Steve Smith
Roddy White
Hines Ward
Anquan Boldin
Sidney Rice

Dallas Clark*
Antonio Gates*
Tony Gonzalez*
Jason Whitten*

I think it's fair to rank all the above players as better receivers (using TE as a receiver spot) than Holmes. After that, I'd expect you could place Holmes somewhere in a group with guys like Austin, Colston, S. Moss, V. Jackson, etc... and have some legitimate arguments about the slotting.

That doesn't make him top 20, but it does knock him out of the top 16 (top 12 if you're strictly using WRs).

That doesn't make him top 20, but it does knock him out of the top 16 (top 12 if you're strictly using WRs).

Screw that. My Top 20 in no particular order: (without TEs)

Randy Moss
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Marshall
Anquan Boldin
Wes Welker
Steve Smith
Hines Ward
Sidney Rice
Reggie Wayne
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson
Santana Moss
Greg Jennings
Chad Ochocinco
DeSean Jackson
Donald Driver
Terrell Owens
TJ Houshmanzadeh

Dont know where I would rank Holmes, but I had to cut him from my Madden Franchise last year. :D

Last edited:
i would be shocked if the jets win more then 11 games. they are not a #1 or #2 seed playoff team.

I'm not convinced that the Jets are really that improved right now despite all the noisy moves. Their run game is not going to be as good unless Green emerges as a top 5 back. In their secondary they just traded a super talented safety who doesn't hit or tackle, and essentially replaced him with a cornerback who doesn't hit or tackle. Jason Taylor wasn't even wanted by the Pats or Dolphins this offseason. What's the big deal?

The only way the Jets win over 10 games and take the division is if Sanchez makes the leap in his second year and becomes a great QB. Until then, I think I like Miami's chances more right now.

I think Miami is the bigger threat in the division, I know the patriots have the advantage at the 2 key positions... Coach and QB.. Im sold on Henne more than sanchez.... Its going to be close, but 12-4 no for the jets... The most I will give them 10-6...

I look at the Jets' schedule and see a 1-6 start as a good possibility.

... and then an 8-1 finish as a reasonable possibility. So I guess I'm calling 9-7.

Starting off with Baltimore will be a loss for the Jets and sort of a bad omen because that game plan will be copied over and over. Not every team can run the ball like the Ravens, but beat Sanchez and you beat the Jets.

I dont see Sanchez taking a giant leap forward at all. In fact, you can argue both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco had tougher seasons in year # 2. The 2009 film is out on Sanchez and defensive coordinators have all off season to pick it apart to find the best way to rattle him.

I also believe that Brady and the Pats will shut the Jets yap for them in week # 2 at the Meadowlands.

The Jets will start off 0 - 2. Just watch.

Gunnails..........shouldn't you be watching over your "pats suck" thread on jetsinsipid?

.......just sayin':rocker:

yeah, i saw that too, but was gonna give him a pass based on a diagnosis of a severe case of Ryan-delerium.

Screw that. My Top 20 in no particular order: (without TEs)

Randy Moss
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Marshall
Anquan Boldin
Wes Welker
Steve Smith
Hines Ward
Sidney Rice
Reggie Wayne
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson
Santana Moss
Greg Jennings
Chad Ochocinco
DeSean Jackson
Donald Driver
Terrell Owens
TJ Houshmanzadeh

Dont know where I would rank Holmes, but I had to cut him from my Madden Franchise last year. :D

But there are many others who outproduced him over his career, and that was the topic. There is no way he is top 20, 30 or maybe even 40 best Wrs over the last 4 years. His production was below average for a starting WR for 3 of the 4 years.

Yeah, that's the type of thing you see this time of year. The summer after they won the Super Bowl in 1997, some of the Packers players were predicting they'd go 19-0... and their first loss came in Week 2 that year.

In other words, it's a long way to go until the season.

I'm not saying Sheppard was a great corner, I'm saying his game and his strengths and weaknesses were a better fit in a gambling D.
If you blitz all day, you are better having a corner that will leave some cushion and tackle, than a guy who is undisciplined, refused to tackle and gambles to get a pick every 3-4 weeks.

We went from 18-1 with arguably the greatest team in history falling short with a few minutes left in the superbowl to 11-5 with our Franchise qb down six minutes into the season to 10-6 and being annihilated by Baltimore. Fortunes change that quickly in the NFL. The Jets should count them selves lucky they did as well as they did last year, with the gift of the postseason.

There are two teams that have stayed consistently dominant in the last 10 years, and each of them fluctuates still.

Well s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents