PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jests RB Thomas Jones injures right leg during practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that must suck...

Jetsman, at the start of every season, what's your goal? Be real. I'm curious. What do you really hope for?

I hope for a SB trophy myself. Now, I can remember when I didn't. I remember when I wanted to "solidify" a spot as a "perenniel" playoff "contender" (as opposed to being the division overlord, hoping -- and realistically at that -- for yet another super bowl.)

Is that about where you are? Hoping "this is the year" the Jets squeek by the Pats for a division title, to get crushed by one of the other three or four elite teams in the AFC?

Or do you plan to ride the legs of Michael Pittman's old backup, and the arm that's thrown more knuckleballs than Tim Wakefield and Phil Niekro, all the way to one flukey super bowl victory, before slipping back into mediocrity? Do you even dare to wish that prior to the conclusion of your miserable life as a fan, that you get to feel for one day the way we've felt for a good six years now?

You know you have a point. The best fan is a die-hard fan. We all endured many Jetsian seasons. We even watched a great coach depart for New York, accompanied by Bill Parcells. And My God, the theft of Curtis Martin!!!

But somehow, that all seems to have come out okay.

So what is it you really wish for at the outset of a season, Jetsman? Really, really, deep in your heart?

It's to be us, isn't it?

Well, visiting's the next best thing. A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a Foxboro for?

PFnV

Man, that must suck...

Jetsman, at the start of every season, what's your goal? Be real. I'm curious. What do you really hope for?

I hope for a SB trophy myself. Now, I can remember when I didn't. I remember when I wanted to "solidify" a spot as a "perenniel" playoff "contender" (as opposed to being the division overlord, hoping -- and realistically at that -- for yet another super bowl.)

Is that about where you are? Hoping "this is the year" the Jets squeek by the Pats for a division title, to get crushed by one of the other three or four elite teams in the AFC?

Or do you plan to ride the legs of Michael Pittman's old backup, and the arm that's thrown more knuckleballs than Tim Wakefield and Phil Niekro, all the way to one flukey super bowl victory, before slipping back into mediocrity? Do you even dare to wish that prior to the conclusion of your miserable life as a fan, that you get to feel for one day the way we've felt for a good six years now?

You know you have a point. The best fan is a die-hard fan. We all endured many Jetsian seasons. We even watched a great coach depart for New York, accompanied by Bill Parcells. And My God, the theft of Curtis Martin!!!

But somehow, that all seems to have come out okay.

So what is it you really wish for at the outset of a season, Jetsman? Really, really, deep in your heart?

It's to be us, isn't it?

Well, visiting's the next best thing. A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a Foxboro for?

PFnV

You must be Irish...

I knew a guy in the Army from Kentucky that started rooting for the Jets when his son was born 15 years ago and raised his son as a Jets fan. He thought it would be nice to say that he and his son had rooted for Jets when they weren't very good when they became contenders.

He regrets the decision to this day.

I'm trying to decide which post was funnier, the one from T-SD or Wretch, both are comical, T-SD's is the winner by a nose.

I guess that way T-SD, if any of those teams win the SB, she can say "Yep, MY team won the big one!!!"

Wretch, I feel bad for that poor kid.

PFIV, Jets fans are like Red Sox fans used to be; you know, every year, they say "This is the year!!", only to have their hopes shattered in some crushing way or another. Then they can wallow in self pity and say "That is IT, I am DONE being a fan of this pack of losers!!!", only to get sucked in again the following year.

What a pathetic pack of losers.

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide which post was funnier, the one from T-SD or Wretch, both are comical, T-SD's is the winner by a nose.

I guess that way T-SD, if any of those teams win the SB, she can say "Yep, MY team won the big one!!!"

Wretch, I feel bad for that poor kid.

Thanks.

Unfortunately it's a true story, but on the plus side the kid is a heck of a basketball player, (he's been invited to Rick Pitino's basketball camp) and he roots for good college basketball teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back