PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jests RB Thomas Jones injures right leg during practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Jones was untouched during running-back drills when he went to plant his right foot and fell. He immediately took off his helmet and untied his shoe before he was examined by a trainer, who wrapped his lower right leg."

That sounds like the description of every Achilles tendon tear, I've ever heard of. I've seen two guys tear their Achilles, and it was the same thing, tried to make a cut, and just dropped to the ground, nobody ever hit them.

I hope this post is dripping with sarcasm. please italicize.

yeah that wins the award for the dumbest thing i've read on here today. (the other guy's post)

Last edited:
This just in (edited excerpt from PFT):

POSTED 6:34 p.m. EDT, August 13, 2007

JONES HAS CALF STRAIN

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that Jets running back Thomas Jones has a calf strain. Jones, per Cole, had an MRI on Monday, and will miss a couple of weeks.

Jones is expected to be ready for the regular-season opener.

Still, his absence for the second and third preseason games, and the associated practices, will affect his preparation for his first season with the team. Though the "run where they ain't" aspect of being a tailback is driven by instinct, the job is a bit more complex than that. It could mean that Jones will get less touches than he would have had, which could affect his early-season fantasy value.

This just in (edited excerpt from PFT):

POSTED 6:34 p.m. EDT, August 13, 2007

JONES HAS CALF STRAIN

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that Jets running back Thomas Jones has a calf strain. Jones, per Cole, had an MRI on Monday, and will miss a couple of weeks.

Jones is expected to be ready for the regular-season opener.

Still, his absence for the second and third preseason games, and the associated practices, will affect his preparation for his first season with the team. Though the "run where they ain't" aspect of being a tailback is driven by instinct, the job is a bit more complex than that. It could mean that Jones will get less touches than he would have had, which could affect his early-season fantasy value.

well so much for wearing out the Pats D (not that things would have worked according to plan anyways).

So here's one excuse for Jest fans after their opening loss. What will be the next one? No Revis? Bad calls? Foul play? Something in the water? Or an elaborate league conspiracy?

Dumbest thing you've heard on here lol.....

Jones isn't that good. He just got a ton of carries behind a really good Bears OL. I've got like 5 bears fan friends who all said Benson was hands down better even at the time they were platooning last year. Look at Jones yards per catch, its pathetic, last in the league. Jones is probably bigger, stronger and more durable than Washington and yeah I was being a little sarcastic with it since Washington is unproven for the most part. However, Jones is not that good. That isn't me hating either, he literally is just an average RB who played with a very good OL and putup ok #s for 2 years in a row. There is a reason he was a bigtime bust in TB and Az before that...

"Jones was untouched during running-back drills when he went to plant his right foot and fell. He immediately took off his helmet and untied his shoe before he was examined by a trainer, who wrapped his lower right leg."

That sounds like the description of every Achilles tendon tear, I've ever heard of. I've seen two guys tear their Achilles, and it was the same thing, tried to make a cut, and just dropped to the ground, nobody ever hit them.

Achilles and some ACL tears. That is how I tore my ACL, honestly. I planted my right foot and my knee went down, my leg came up and that was it. *shiver*

Achilles and some ACL tears. That is how I tore my ACL, honestly. I planted my right foot and my knee went down, my leg came up and that was it. *shiver*
Did it hurt? I ruptured my LT bicep tendon lifting wgt's the was realy no pain. It snapped like a rubber band, thats what it felt like. :eek:

Sorry wrong part of the body. I thought you ruptured an achillies tendon.

Last edited:
Dumbest thing you've heard on here lol.....

Jones isn't that good. He just got a ton of carries behind a really good Bears OL. I've got like 5 bears fan friends who all said Benson was hands down better even at the time they were platooning last year. Look at Jones yards per catch, its pathetic, last in the league. Jones is probably bigger, stronger and more durable than Washington and yeah I was being a little sarcastic with it since Washington is unproven for the most part. However, Jones is not that good. That isn't me hating either, he literally is just an average RB who played with a very good OL and putup ok #s for 2 years in a row. There is a reason he was a bigtime bust in TB and Az before that...

Not trying to be a jerk here (it just comes naturally), but unless your name really is Doug Gabriel... I'd say it's time for a new screen name.

He'll be fine. He may miss one regular season game, but that's about it..................oh wait, that's against the Patriots.:)

Jetman67, you are one funny #$%^, you really are.

"Three championships really isn't that many".............I hope that was a joke, considering your joke of a team is 0 for the last 38 years.

What an assclown.

And people wonder why I hate the Jets more than any other team in professional sports, you Jets fans can't suffer enough.

How many years did your team do nothing????? I hate Chowds more than anything myself!!! The fact that I live wiht a Patsie fan makes it much worse!!! On opening day I pland on painting her Tom Brady jersey GREEN

Last edited:
Define nothing you cementhead.

Moron Jet fans like you have been living off of the miracle of 1969 long enough; give it up, 99% of you weren't even born the last time your pack of losers won/WENT to a Super Bowl.

Here's one for you; name the other AFC teams that have fewer AFC Championship crowns (and thus SB appearances) than your team..........................give up? The Browns, the Jags and the Texans.

Now what do those three losers have in common? All expansion teams, what a pathetic group your team belongs to.

Actually, the Browns got there via the Ravens and the Texans via the Titans, so actually, only one team has sucked longer than yours, the Jags, and they haven't really been in the league all that long. This gets more pathetic by the second.

You live with a Patriots fan; must suck being you every Sunday night during football season...........

How many years did your team do nothing????? I hate Chowds more than anything myself!!! The fact that I live wiht a Patsie fan makes it much worse!!! On opening day I pland on painting her Tom Brady jersey GREEN

Jetman - How many years has it been since the Jets made it to even the AFCCG? 10? Pats have been to 4 in that time span, winning 3. How many years since the Jets sniffed the SB? This year will be 39?

The Jets have had 12 losinig seasons since 1980. The Pats have had 9. So, please don't go on about how the Pats did "nothing" for how ever many years when the Jets outrank the Pats in that category.

C'mon guys.... give Jetman67 a break. He's a fan of the team that is unquestionably the worst in the AFC East, based upon the histories of the respective teams. It's also a team that's a poor stepsister of a franchise in it's own 'hometown', and it's a team that has to play in the home arena of its "big sister". The poor guy has to take that knowledge with him everywhere he goes. Can you blame him for having a chip on his shoulder?

Jets fans can be a real pain in the ass, but they've got reason. Now, Dolphins fans...

C'mon guys.... give Jetman67 a break. He's a fan of the team that is unquestionably the worst in the AFC East, based upon the histories of the respective teams. It's also a team that's a poor stepsister of a franchise in it's own 'hometown', and it's a team that has to play in the home arena of its "big sister". The poor guy has to take that knowledge with him everywhere he goes. Can you blame him for having a chip on his shoulder?

And he wears earmuffs.

well...Jersey is a hellhole...

The Jets last got to the AFC Championship game in 1998 and it took them stealing the Patriots head coach, numerous other coaches and several players to do it, where they got smoked by Denver.

Prior to that, they played the Doofins at Miami in the 1980's and the Doofins "forgot" to cover their field during a monsoon and the field was a mess; the Jets lost. If memory serves me, one of the Doofin DL or LB's recovered a fumble and rumbled downfield in the slop.

Prior to that, it was when Christ was in a crib.

Yep, there you have the glorious history of the Jets, the pack of losers they are................

Yep, there you have the glorious history of the Jets, the pack of losers they are................

Don't forget Namath smoochin' and puttin' the moves on a nice lady on television

namath%20drunk1.jpg

kiss me baby

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey