PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jests RB Thomas Jones injures right leg during practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he's healthy so he can run into a Patriot wall of defenders and realize he's not in the NFC anymore.

T. Jones is one tough bastard and an ankle sprain won't stop him. I've come to really admire the way he plays, and in many ways his style constitutes my ideal for a rb. He has alot of charisma, and will probably become de facto leader of the Jet offense before long; the O-line will block with greater intensity because they like him (an often undervalued factor in the quality of a team's O-line play). The first few years of his career were a wash so he has young legs, kind of like Priest Holmes in his late prime. I see him becoming a major contributor to the Jets; while I am hoping for the worst and fearing the best, my guess is a 10 win season for NY is a very strong possibility if Jones and Pennington remain upright.

Don't fall for the NY hype. Yes, Thomas is a good back, he is not a great back though and let's not make him out to be more than he is.

Also, it is quite common for a team, under a new coach to experience success in a given year and they Jets did just that. I see them falling back a peg or two this year as Mangini will suffer growing pains. It has come a little to easy for Eric, he has a lot to learn and it starts this year.

8-8 read it and weep Jests fans.

I'm with you. Victory is so much sweeter when you can beat a team that's at full strength. You don't get the usuall whiney fans saying , "yeah but so and so was hurt!" Of course then it's the ref's fault.;)

How ironic................:D

Last edited:
"Also, it is quite common for a team, under a new coach to experience success in a given year and they Jets did just that. I see them falling back a peg or two this year as Mangini will suffer growing pains. It has come a little to easy for Eric, he has a lot to learn and it starts this year."

I'm with you on this point,i've seen it many times before a new coach comes in the team responds then the next year they take a step back. Tougher schedual,familiarity with the coach etc. why it happens i'me not exactly sure but i know it does quite frequently.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thomas is going to be fine. a mild sprain is all it is. Its really funny how you guys are ready to crown yourselves champs already.

Thomas is going to be fine. a mild sprain is all it is. Its really funny how you guys are ready to crown yourselves champs already.

We 've been crowned champs so many times it becomes second nature. In 2068, when the Jets are crowned champs, you'll understand. Whoops, you'll already be dead by then! Sorry.

Whether Thomas is going to be fine or not (and I think he will), the Patriots ARE going to be champs of the AFC East again. Sorry. Your team isn't good enough. We beat you by TWENTY-ONE and then went out and got Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, and got back Rodney, Eugene Wilson, Randall Gay and Junior Seau.

Wanna try again, jetman?

Last edited:

We have had experience doing that. How about you Jest fans?

But we don't take it for granted. Show me one post or thread that we are saying we have the championship won all ready?

I think he meant the AFC East. And we have.

Uncool to pull for opponents' injuries and reports out of the Jests camp today suggest that this is just a minor sprain. More fun to beat them full strength.

Last edited:
We have had experience doing that. How about you Jest fans?

But we don't take it for granted. Show me one post or thread that we are saying we have the championship won all ready?

WOW 3 titles!!! Are you going to now tell me that Boston has better teams all around over NY??

So what!! You had a nice little run. Your team looks great on paper, but we all know that anything can happen. What if brady gets injured? You will be screwed.

3 Championships really isnt that many. I guess it is if you compare to the Red Sox who win a title every 86 years

WOW 3 titles!!! Are you going to now tell me that Boston has better teams all around over NY??

So what!! You had a nice little run. Your team looks great on paper, but we all know that anything can happen. What if brady gets injured? You will be screwed.

3 Championships really isnt that many. I guess it is if you compare to the Red Sox who win a title every 86 years

This is a FOOTBALL forum, genius, and your team hasn't won a title since before the merger.

Considering NY has 38 teams, they should have more titles. NY fans like to talk about baseball, but for some reason don't discuss basketball.

"Nice little run"? LOL.

You really reached deep into your ass to pull that one out. How about 5 AFC Championships in 22 years versus ZERO for the Jests.

And, baseball sucks, don't compare the two. We don't count basketball either or we win - big. Stickball - not!. Hockey is roller derby on ice and soccer blows.

Uh, yeah.

Celtics - 16 titles (and finally contending again); Knicks - not so much
Yankees/Mets - 28 titles (so last century, though); Sox - 6
Islanders/Rangers - 8; Bruins - 5 (more than either team, but not both combined)
Pats - 3 rings (knocking on a fourth); Bills - zero

There are no other New York football teams to discuss.

Last edited:
Jetman67, you are one funny #$%^, you really are.

"Three championships really isn't that many".............I hope that was a joke, considering your joke of a team is 0 for the last 38 years.

What an assclown.

And people wonder why I hate the Jets more than any other team in professional sports, you Jets fans can't suffer enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey