PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerruh J. says "no established link" b/t football & CTE (and other disorders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday he does not believe there is a firmly established link between football and degenerative brain disease.

“We want to continue to be safer and want to continue to support any type of research that would let us know what [the] consequences really are,” Jones said at the annual league meeting. “In no way should we be basically making assumptions with no more data than we’ve got about the consequences of a head injury.”

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: ‘Absurd’ to think current data shows clear link between CTE, football

Why??? Why??? What a strange dude he is.

Jones probably believes in creationism, and in a flat earth-- and disbelieves that smoking causes lung cancer, and in climate change.

Pathetic use of semantics by Jerry ............

One of the 32 that kraft did not want to ruffle their feathers

After framegate, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching the NFL go up in smoke. Jones, Irsay, Goodell and company are complete buffoons and their total incompetence will kill the golden goose that was once the greatest sports league ever.

Jones has been untethered, drifting from the mother ship for some time.

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
We know Major Tom's a Junkie...

No not TFB, the song just came to mind

The cigarette companies are pretty sure smoking doesn't lead to health problems.

Well, his entire franchise and fanbase wishes it was still the early to mid 90's, so it makes sense that his knowledge of this issue is still stuck there too.

Why does it seem like people in positions of authority in the NFL, are all ****heads?

I guess Jerruh didn't get the memo that even the NFL itself is now acknowledging the link?

Why does it seem like people in positions of authority in the NFL, are all ****heads?

Because they are, pretty much.

Just imagine how infuriating it must be to a genuinely competent, intelligent person with a respect for the history of the game. Like Bill Belichick, for example. To know that clowns like Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell are basically the primary stewards of the game, and arguably the main reason why the league's charting a path to its own destruction.

It already happened to boxing. These guys are so big now that they think it can't change. They're wrong.

Because they are, pretty much.

Just imagine how infuriating it must be to a genuinely competent, intelligent person with a respect for the history of the game. Like Bill Belichick, for example. To know that clowns like Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell are basically the primary stewards of the game, and arguably the main reason why the league's charting a path to its own destruction.

It already happened to boxing. These guys are so big now that they think it can't change. They're wrong.
These guys detract from the game and ruin my NFL experience. Pushing aside their negative policy making, that's the big thing for me.

I don't know. But I enjoy whenever one of them proves their ****headedness

The cigarette companies are pretty sure smoking doesn't lead to health problems.
NFL knows someone who can back up the cigarette companies, Exponent

My self imposed boycott of ESPNFL prevents me from sneaking a look but I suspect the mediot bloviators that infect that network are running silent with regards to Jerrah's league serving comments. I despise the NFL more and more every day and can envision a FIFA-like implosion at some point….maybe a bribery scandal as teams jockey for new cities.
At this point, I just hope High Chair Bob settles into a more ceremonial role going forward ……let him hug the team after the game…then put him in a car and send him home. As news disseminates outward from inside the ownership fraternity, it is becoming clearer and clearer each day that Lip Kissing Bob is no longer a power player among his peers……Bob is JAO….just another owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST