PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaws on the Patriots, Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
ESPN analyst had a lot to say about this weekend’s Patriots-Jaguars matchup in a recent conference call. Here are some of the highlights: On the Patriots offense… “I believe it is the best offense I have seen since I’ve been involved with the NFL as a player or analyst in any role and that goes back to [...]

More...

Jaws is right on when he says that it is the "physicality of the Jaguars play" that is bothersome. I am confident about Patriots game against the Jags and I worry there may be some Patriot injuries.

When talking about the toughness of the Jags why don't "analysts" bring up the record of Patriots' opponents after losing to the Pats? Or how many players have missed games the following week after playing the Patriots? How everyone's favorite team:help: (the Colts) did after losing to the Patriots? Why isn't any of this brought up when people call the Patriots a "finesse" or "soft" team?

Jaws is right on when he says that it is the "physicality of the Jaguars play" that is bothersome. I am confident about Patriots game against the Jags and I worry there may be some Patriot injuries.
the pats are just as physical, but the media is to stupid to realize it

Funny, but I think Jaws is usually the best overall analyst out there since he tends to back things up with good football objective notes / stats. However, his quote:"When people talk about the team they don’t want to play, it’s the style of football that Jacksonville plays. Even if you beat them, you’re sore for a week".....is ridiculous to say. Are they really that much more physical than most 'physicl' teams (PATS / Steelers / Eagles / etc..)?? I think maybe he just wanted to give the Jax a big compliment and keep it even between the teams.

funny how in just about every game the pats play opposing players get carted off the field with regularity.
all you fans talk a lot of **** before every game every week, then disappear right after, just like your teams disappear during the game.

but everybody knows this is because your offense puts up so many points on people that you turn a team into a one-dimensional team which makes your defense schemes much easier.
And they won't put up points on the Jags?

Last edited:
The strength of your offense has clearly made your fan base delusional about the quality of your defense.

If you actually listen to some of these articles people write about you guys, most of them actually make sense when you put your homerism away for awhile.
Hard not to be a "homer" about a 16-0 team.

The strength of your offense has clearly made your fan base delusional about the quality of your defense.

If you actually listen to some of these articles people write about you guys, most of them actually make sense when you put your homerism away for awhile.

how many pats games have you watched in the last 2 years?

I, nor any Jags fan does not think you guys will not put up a lot of points on us. I am not saying that at all.

I am saying that your defense is not as good as you guys make them out to be. I am also saying that your high defensive ranking is a direct relation to you guys putting up so many points on opponents that you force them to run pass plays the rest of the game.

Same scenario as the Raiders having the number 1 pass defense in the league last year. This is because their rush defense was close to the worst. Its all relative.
Cool. So you don't give your team much of a chance, I'm guessing?

If you are referring to your defense as being as physical as us, then that is just absurd!

Go ahead with your "our defense is ranked 5th, blabla" stuff... but everybody knows this is because your offense puts up so many points on people that you turn a team into a one-dimensional team which makes your defense schemes much easier. The media knows this too!

My God......and I thought Clot fans were delusional.
One domensional?? YOUR team does what it does well..and they lack the versatility to deal with a multidimensional team...AND THAT is what teh Patriots are... 'one dimensional" THAT actually describe sthe Jags..leep reading press clippings of how your team is...it will help next week when they are home..

Funny, but I think Jaws is usually the best overall analyst out there since he tends to back things up with good football objective notes / stats. However, his quote:"When people talk about the team they don’t want to play, it’s the style of football that Jacksonville plays. Even if you beat them, you’re sore for a week".....is ridiculous to say. Are they really that much more physical than most 'physicl' teams (PATS / Steelers / Eagles / etc..)?? I think maybe he just wanted to give the Jax a big compliment and keep it even between the teams.

Is it really ridiculous for him to say? I mean, I think it's just his opinion, and, week after week, he seems to me to know football alot better than pretty much anyone. I find Jaws' stuff to be among the very most valuable opinion out there week in and week out.

You have to work pretty hard to find something negative about the Patriots in that Q&A. If Jaws says the Jags are at or near the top in the league in terms of being physical, I believe it. They looked it to me in the few games I've seen them play this year. While I admit I've only seen them a few times, they sure do look like they hit really hard and put more energy into it than most other teams. I have no problem admitting that. To be one of the last 8 in the NFL you have to do some things very very well, and this is how the Jags define themselves. I actually think Jaws is right on.

I also have some nice ocean front land in Arizona for a great price if you are interested.

yeah, I'd offer to sell you some swampland if you really believed the stuff you post, but then I remembered you're already in jacksonville......

You know what? You're right. All of you highly knowledgable Jag fans this week have convinced me! Everything about this team that I've watched is all just a facade. They are so friggin soft. Every last one of them. Old as the hills and completely useless. Every team we've played this year would have been able to play another game right after with their full roster the way these pansies hit. Might as well put some belts and flags on them, they're done!

How do I jump on the Jags bandwagon? Is there a super secret handshake I need to know? I have plenty of teal in my wardrobe so I'm all set there. Is it to late for me to sign the Rah Rah go get them soldiers greeting card you guys made? Do I need to contribute anything to the tarp fund? I'm ready! Let me know what I need to do!

Its an uphill battle for us. We are overmatched, but that is not to say we can't win. You still have to play the game.

It is ignorant for people to be making score predictions of 42-10, because I don't think there is any way your defense keeps us as low as that.
Following the logic you outlined earlier, the Pats offense will put up a lot of points so their D should "look" like they have all year. Commence with the "our defense is ranked 5th, blabla" stuff... :)

Well, the bandwagon has pretty much filled up, but we can make a seat for you on Sunday.

Now, now you know that's not true....there's still plenty of tickets available.

Well, the bandwagon has pretty much filled up, but we can make a seat for you on Sunday.

maybe you should drive it on down to your stadium, next year, for the next home game.

NewJagsCity:

Patriots defense points allowed: 274
Jaguars defense points allowed: 304

If you say our defense is bad, which it clearly is not, what does that make your team?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back