Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jason Whitlock - Brady best of his generation

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by RhodyPatriot, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 23 / -10

2. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,611 / 13 / -10

as much as its good that its a +ve media analysis of our QB vs his biggest rival , this is so typical to pile on someone when they are having a bad stretch. these were the same mediots who were ready to crown manning the greatest ever right before the SB last yr.

3. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 23 / -10

Whitlock is making the same point you are re: the mediots and their premature annointing of Manning.
    Just so refreshing to read an out of town media type recognizng the intangibles with Tom Brady. Those qualities are what set him apart.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,915 / 35 / -61

No Jersey Selected

For most Pats fans and level headed individuals, this conversation was over from Jump St. However, if anybody needed any convincing, Manning's play over the last several weeks vs. Brady's play during the same stretch should nail it. Manning, after losing his binkies, has completely fallen apart. Brady has gone to and won Super Bowls with a receiving corps that makes Manning's current crop look like a Pro Bowl roster.

5. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -1

Obviously I think Brady is better - but this article is premature. Peyton could run the table here and out and I don't think any of us would be shocked. The guy is good.

The legacy of the two will not be written until they both retire b/c at any point, either is capable of dominating and carrying their team to the Super Bowl. Making proclamations with 4 weeks left in the regular season is futile.

That said, if this is the best Manning can do with this supporting cast - that is an indictment. Having Reggie Wayne alone trumps what Brady won Super Bowls with.

6. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +419 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Brady is better until next week when he changes his mind again. Can't believe how some get so worked up over this debate. 5 years after they retire they will both be in the hall of fame and debate will continue until the end of time. Or until a whole generation have never seen either one of them play and they think their generation QB is the best ever.

7. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,611 / 13 / -10

well i was more talking about how these guys conveniently. write an article when manning has struggled recently. i wish he had written this before the pats/colts game .after all , the intangibles he mentions were with brady then too.

8. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,611 / 13 / -10

to be fair IMO, manning runs the show there at least on offense, whereas BB runs it here. Brady makes use of the great coaching staff to design and adjust whereas the colts coaching staff frankly puts everything on manning. iam not saying manning is better .Brady is because he follows what the coaches want him to do game to game which is harder to do sometimes. At least thats what struck me yesterday watching the colts. Their coaches were making no adjustments to help their QB out and let him figure it out who inspite of being great cant compete with numerous coaches on the sidelines when he shorthanded.

9. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,915 / 35 / -61

No Jersey Selected

Brady makes just as many pre-snap reads as Manning does and adjusts the offense and the blocking accordingly. But yes, I agree that BOB/McDaniels/current offensive coordinator has more control over play calling with Brady than the Colts' offensive coordinator does with Manning.

10. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +272 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

This article shows that even idiotic tools like Whitlock can occasionally have sustained moments of clarity, and in those moments he can write a very good column, before he reverts back to his norm.

:cool:

11. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I enjoyed the article, obviously, but I really wish it was written by someone other than the guy who advocated for Jeff George to be our QB when Brady went down.

12. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +272 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Whitlock and Jeff George were friends, high school classmates, and teammates in Indianapolis.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Don't judge George too quickly

13. PrairiePat

PrairiePat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

This. If Brady has a bad night vs the Jesters tonight, opinion will sway back to Manning (or someone else). It's a 'what have you done lately' league, and this Greatest QB Debate is a showcase for that attitude.

We are extremely lucky to be seeing Manning vs Brady, both in their primes, playing in a decade's worth of meaningful games. Let's hope both keep playing well enough to fuel this debate for a few years more :)

14. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,854 / 192 / -145

Disable Jersey

I can't find it, but Belichick made the point of talking about how much latitude Brady has regarding playcalling. It's essentially the same as Manning, from the way he was talking about it.

15. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In all Honesty, I would have found this article far more enjoyable and respected the writer if this was written when the Colts were 6-3.

Writing this now, is just jumping on the band wagon.

I would assume somewhere on the site is fien print which reads
    "Opinions subject to change based on weekly performances"

16. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +244 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I know, but it doesn't make the suggestion any less crazy. IMO, anyway.

But I did like this article, if it is indeed true he has never been on Manning GOAT bandwagon.

17. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +272 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Whitlock has written variations of this column many times in the past, when the viewpoint was one that ruffled more feathers. He hates the Colts, perhaps for dumping his buddy Jeff George all those years ago.

18. Pessimistic Pete

Pessimistic Pete Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +128 / 12 / -19

As I posted in the MVP thread, people who doubt Brady usually call him nothing more than a system QB, with arguments such as...

19. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't go that far. Branch? Givens? Troy? make his receivers look like pro bowlers?

20. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,854 / 192 / -145

Disable Jersey

That's because people are idiots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.