PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Green at OLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I tell my wife that the NFL draft is like Christmas with a twist; just when I'm "sure" what the FO will draft for, they do something completely different and, in the end, delightful. Now in hindsight, I love the O picks...but it begs the question: what about LB?

Yesterday, I was "sure" Lawson was our man. He'd replace McG and Vrabes would stay inside. I am confident V stays inside: 2 playcallers there, V losing a step, great production last year. (I figure Beisel sticks as the backup.)

So who takes McG's OLB spot opposite Colvin? (AzPatsFan posted an incredible LB position-by-position analysis several weeks ago -- http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=34174&highlight=solb)

BB & Co. have a plan and I'm sure it's a good one. They will not trust the position to a Day 2 rookie. Maybe TBC, but have we seen any production from him to offer confidence? Maybe a trade? Is it possible that Green could play OLB? His rush is very like McG; coverage is obviously the issue. I haven't seen anyone bring up his name and thought I'd toss it out there for discussion.

Last edited:
Green ran a 5.03 few years ago in 40..slow for a OLB..and hes almost 300 pounds

He could take McGinest's rush role on passing downs but he won't be a full time, starting OLB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back