PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags/Titans season predictions

Even though we own their 2nd rounder, I still wanted the Titans to beat Pits-dirt & the J-E-S-T. Jax, OTOH, should've lost to Houston. I'd love to see them go 2-14, their only other victory coming against the Dolts.

Here we are at he quarter poll...

The Titans are 0-4 and staring 0-6 (Indy and then @ the Pats) right in the face.

The Jags are a suprizing 2-2 and can easily be 6-2 after the next 5 weeks:

@ SEA (always a tough place to play, but they really looked bad the last few weeks)
home vs St. Louis (easily the worst team in the NFL)
bye
@ Tenn
home to KC

It will be interesting to see what Tennesse does, do they go to Vince Young? Do they pack it in? Their pass defense is absolutely putrid, and MJD ran through, around, and over them.

Titans 0-5, tied with 3 other teams with 0 wins.... projecting a 2nd round pick between 33-36.
Jags 2-3 tied with 7 other teams with 2 wins... projecting a 2nd round pick between 42-49
Patriots 3-2 tied with 8 other teams with 3 wins... projecting a 1st round pick between 18-26 and 2nd round of 50-58
Rounding down the middle: 2010 picks, 2 rounds: 22,34,45,54

OK Both the Jags and the Titans are heading into their bye weeks and when they emerge they will be playing each other (in Tennessee). In fact the Titans play 6 of their last 10 games at home. The Titans do play the Rams so one of them is not going to end up winless. It will be interesting to see if this game has the Arizona effect on the Titans (where the Cardinals propelled themselves to the Superbowl after getting embarressed in the snow in Foxboro) (not that the Titans are making the playoffs, let alone the Superbowl, but they could play better) or if they just mail it in and try to win the Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, or Jimmy Clausen sweepstakes. They still have to go on the road to play the Colts, and they have Arizona coming to town, so unless they find a secondary, those look like a few more losses.

The Jags pulled another win out of the fire yesterday (the Rams were a missed field goal away from beating them in OT). I still can't see them ending up with more than 5 wins.

So I'm going to stay with my 5-11 prediction for the Jags, and say the Titans are going to finish 3-13.

make no mistake about it, Tampa Bay will own the #1 pick, they have an absolute killer schedule ahead of them: They still have to play the Saints and the Falcons (twice each!!)

NE (in London)
GB
@ MIA
NO
@ATL
@CAR
NY Jests
@ SEA
@ NO
ATL

Unless they beat Carolina in Carolina, or Dirty Sanchez throws another 5 picks, they better hope that NO or ATL have nothing to play for in weeks 16 & 17 or they could be 0-for.

So the loser of the Titans vs. Rams game will pick #2 and the loser will pick #3.

Last edited:
After week 6
Pats 4-2
Jax 3-3
Tenn 0-6

Patriots 2 round draft order (based on wins only)
24-27, 33-35, 46-55, 56-59
Averaged out draft order
25, 34, 50, 58

So through week 8:

The Jags are 3-4, they have a very winnable game coming up hosting Matt Cassel and the Chiefs. After that they only other game in which they will be a favorite will be week 17 when they travel to Cleveland, they basically still have to play the Colts and the AFC East, they remain on track to finish 5-11.

The Titans looked much better this week than they have in a while (because the Jags can't throw the ball). They have one very winnable games left on their schedule (hosting the Rams week 14), converesely they only have one game that would really suprize anyone if they won it (@ Indy), they could easily finish anywhere from 2-14 to 5-11.

4-4 and 2-6.

Jags @ NYJ. Anybody rooting against the Jags this week? :eek:

4-4 and 2-6.

I think it will be intersting to see if Jacksonville can pound the rock on the Jets defense.

4-4 and 2-6.

I am. I want that 2nd round draft pick to be as high as possible. Besides, it will be more fun to crush the Jets in Foxboro when they are coming off a win and their fans begin to get a little hope back. :D

I am. I want that 2nd round draft pick to be as high as possible. Besides, it will be more fun to crush the Jets in Foxboro when they are coming off a win and their fans begin to get a little hope back. :D

Very cruel, I like it.

What a difference a few weeks makes....

Through Week 13:

The Jags are incredibly 7-6. They host the Colts on Thrusday night, HOWEVER the big if, is IF Peyton will even play. So predicting this game without that knowledge is impossible.

After that they travel to Foxboro for a loss. And then they end the season in Cleveland.

The best outcome is a 0-3 finish, leaving them with a final record of 7-9, I would bet more likely they will end up 8-8.

The Titans are 6-7. They could easily end up 6-10. They play homes games against the Dolphins this week (I guess you can say that the Pats make out no matter who wins) and then San Diego (that's a loss) comes to town. They end the season at Seattle (who looked putrid last week), however Seattle is usually a tough place to play.

At worst (for the Pats) they are going to finish 7-9, and could easily end up 6-10.

I would put the pick from the Titans (if they end up 6-10) at around #12 of the second round (#44 overall).

The jags pick can really flex because they have one of the lowest SOS, so they will pick at the top of the (hopefully 7-9 group) in round #1 and the bottome of that group in round #2. Right now there are ten teams that are either 6-7 or 7-6 so this pick could end up anywhere from #13 to #21 of the second round.

Neither pick is going to be as high as we were hoping for after the first 6 weeks, however, the pick from the Titans is going to be much higher than we (or the Pats) thought it was going to be, when the trade was made.

Last edited:
Down to the last week...

Still alot of wiggle room:

Best case scenario:

Jacksonville loses at Cleveland
Tennessee loses at Seattle
San Fran wins at St. Louis
Carolina wins at home vs New Orleans
Miami wins at home vs. Pittsburg

This would mean that the Jags and Titans both finish at 7-9 and not tied with anyone else. This would mean that the Pats would have picks #43 & #44 (back to back early 2nd round picks!).

I highly doubt that the Titans will lose to Seattle, as they (and in particular, Hasselbeck) look like crap. Rooting for Mangini in his last game as a NFL head coach (everah) is not going to be fun either. Both the Jags and Titans could easily win next week, moving those picks anywhere to 10 picks higher.

Down to the last week...

Still alot of wiggle room:

Best case scenario:

Jacksonville loses at Cleveland
Tennessee loses at Seattle
San Fran wins at St. Louis
Carolina wins at home vs New Orleans
Miami wins at home vs. Pittsburg

This would mean that the Jags and Titans both finish at 7-9 and not tied with anyone else. This would mean that the Pats would have picks #43 & #44 (back to back early 2nd round picks!).

I highly doubt that the Titans will lose to Seattle, as they (and in particular, Hasselbeck) look like crap. Rooting for Mangini in his last game as a NFL head coach (everah) is not going to be fun either. Both the Jags and Titans could easily win next week, moving those picks anywhere to 10 picks higher.

If Miami would not have stumbled Sunday, that Miami-Pittsburgh game could have been brutal. I wonder if Joey Porter will be up for the game Sunday???? (Ha! Ha!)

Can someone remind me how we got these two picks?

Color me lazy,,,

Can someone remind me how we got these two picks?

Color me lazy,,,

We traded our 3rd rounder in 09 on draft day to Tennessee for their 2nd in 2010. Moved up from 89 to about 44-48. Not bad for a guy who can't draft any more. We traded the 3rd in 09 we got from GB when we traded down to Jax for their 2nd in 2010. Moved from 73 to about 42-45. A full round!! Just by having a little patience.

Last edited:
Here's the First round projection after week 16:

Great Blue North Draft Report

If the draft was held today, the Pats would have the 11th & 12th picks in the Second round.

Chicago could win next week, and move into the 7-9 bunch (Denver owns their 1st rd pick).

Everything was going swimmingly in the 1 o'clock games (aside from Welker) SF won, the Bears won, and Jacksonville lost..

The 4 o'clock games all went bad, Tennesse won, Broncos lost, etc...

The Patriots will have #42 pick in the second round thanks to the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Tennesse pick still depends on what the Jests do anoche, and strengh of schdule tiebreakers, but it looks like it will be in the #46-49 range.

For those that care the Rams have the first pick followed by Lions, Tampa....

Looking forward to next year, Oakland has just completed it's 7th straight season with at least 11 lossess...

I have the Jaguars at #43.

10. Chicago - 120 opponent wins
11. Jax - 123 opponent wins
12. Dolphins - 142 opponent wins

In the first round, for the second round Chicago drops down to below the Phins and the Jags pick moves up one.....

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back