PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's time for Ty Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
On here, it's always time for Ty Law. Not saying it's bad, just saying okay, well, this thread's out of the way for this offseason.

Come on now... we all know that there will be many more. I may start 2 tomorrow.

I would like to have the team sign Law..in fact I would welcome it, but I think that it just isn't going to happen. I HOPE I am wrong..but I have seen this dance with him before.
He wishes to play for the Patriots...OK..So didn't others like Woody..Samuel?...Branch all say that as well?? They wish to play for the Pats..BUT at the price THEY want..and that is the key to this. Yes, CoachB has been trying to sign him since he left...and there is no doubt that Ty is a solid player,,maybe a HOF player, but have you seen ty in a Patriot uni since?? This all has to do with money..and that is/was always the point. If they basically had an agreement or an understanding before Bryant was cut, good, but what very well could happen is that now Bryant is gone, the Ty Law stock has gone up as well. It is all about being reasonable and that is the kicker in all of this...I doubt they'll be able to get to that point. Call me a pessimist, but I just don't see it happening and I HOPE I am dead wrong.

In previous conversations, he seemed especially motivated to prove he still can play at a high level after two largely unfulfilling years in Kansas City. Once again, he spent much of his offseason training with noted speed coach Bob Kersee.
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ots_still_are_trying_to_turn_the_corner_here/

This makes me wonder about some of the cracks in this thread about his waistline and donuts?

I think it is likely he is in good enough shape, and savvy enough, and familiar enough with BB's system, to step in and be a positive presence on the field, especially against some of the more physical receivers in the league who might be too much for tiny corners Hobbs and Wheatley. Anyone looking for the second coming of Michael Haynes, or even of the 2001-2003 Ty Law, will be disappointed. But if you think we could use the equivalent of the 2001 Otis Smith and we can fit Ty in without breaking the budget I think he would be a useful signing.

Personally, I don't like Ty - I didn't like the way he behaved leading up to his leaving the team, with his insensitive remarks about needing to feed his family and calling the coach a liar, but I think he's matured and mellowed and I can look past that now.

I would like to have the team sign Law..in fact I would welcome it, but I think that it just isn't going to happen. I HOPE I am wrong..but I have seen this dance with him before.
He wishes to play for the Patriots...OK..So didn't others like Woody..Samuel?...Branch all say that as well?? They wish to play for the Pats..BUT at the price THEY want..and that is the key to this. Yes, CoachB has been trying to sign him since he left...and there is no doubt that Ty is a solid player,,maybe a HOF player, but have you seen ty in a Patriot uni since?? This all has to do with money..and that is/was always the point. If they basically had an agreement or an understanding before Bryant was cut, good, but what very well could happen is that now Bryant is gone, the Ty Law stock has gone up as well. It is all about being reasonable and that is the kicker in all of this...I doubt they'll be able to get to that point. Call me a pessimist, but I just don't see it happening and I HOPE I am dead wrong.

Good point. Of course we really don't know if anything's transpired behind the scenes, even over the last few months. We only know Ty was talking up the Pats and BB and that he was in town. Other than that the whole story sort of disappeared until now, so who knows. I agree though- we've definitely seen this dance before and nothing's ever come of it.

I'm just curious as to what kind of shape he's in? The only recent pic that I remember showed him as being a lil "portly", but it's hard to judge just by 1 pic. I hope things get to the point of a work-out at least. If he's horrible then we can finally put our Ty Law jerseys away forever. Or at least stop wondering about his return:cool:

If he's in shape though, someone out there will probably be willing to pay him. Then we'll see what he's all about.

Last edited:
Basically the Pats took a few shots at bringing in some corners via the draft and free agency. They basically struck out in free agency.

All they have to show for it is Wheatley to replace Samuel. Wilhite is a backup/inactive at this point, which as mgteich said is fine for a 4th round rookie. But at the same time there is a tremendous need right now back there. Even if you are OK with Hobbs/Wheatley, there is really no quality depth. I'm sorry, going into Indy with Hobbs/Wheatley scares the crap out of me.

is available Deltha O'Neil ?

I'm not so sure Ty Law's got the speed or skills at CB anymore - but with Lynch being let go I'm thinking that could be a prelude for Law coming back to take some reps at Safety and maybe even free up someone like Merriweather to focus more on CB

I've heard talk over the pre-season that Law's added a bit of bulk and might not be as fast or skilled enough to play with his back to the ball

Facing the ball as an S could be the right position for him - I'll let the coaches decide that but its something to think about.

Patriots Insider is saying that the Pats are in contract negotiations with Law - but I've got no idea how credible such a report would be

This makes me wonder about some of the cracks in this thread about his waistline and donuts?

This proves it! No baby bump and he's training with a speed coach! The baby isn't Ty Law's it's his DAUGHTER'S!

Oh man sorry been in the political forum too much had Palin on the brain.

Carry on.

PFnV

Last edited:
Ty Law can not help the Pats out. The only position (I) see him playing well is Safety and we don't exactly need help there.

Last edited:
i heard things back in april that they were really close to making a deal with him but nothing has happened

i heard things back in april that they were really close to making a deal with him but nothing has happened

Uh, yeah, that was Butch Stearns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back