PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Its reality time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patradomous

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with this articles assesment.

Last Stand: Baltimore Ravens Smash New England Patriots Mystique For Final Time

Meet the new loss. Same as the old loss.

That's the story of the 2012 postseason for the New England Patriots.

They exposed for the final time a failed strategy in New England that has yielded plenty of great stats, records and regular-season results but that ultimately failed in the end, each loss a mirror image of the other.

It makes so much sense. Take out a team's best non-QB offensive player, and the offense won't be as good as it was before!

Hmmm also I think I've read an article similar to this before

yes yes it was in January 2010 and then again in January 2011

Strangely enough these articles disappeared around January 2012, curious as to why :confused:

Crap article, a Harbaughs world? Are you freaking kidding me WIN ONE first I love how the collective family now is some how impressive. Guess what the Steelers will have won double the Super Bowls the Harbaughs have since the Pats won the Super Bowl so I guess Steelers = 2 x Hardouche Bros

Give em 13 days. One of em will win.

Crap article my ass.
They've lost the same way in the biggest games the same way for the last 5 years.Punch them in the mouth and they stall, spit, backfire, fart and sputter.
And the defense succumbs from the pressure. I've seen enough of the arena ball crap.

Crap article my ass.
They've lost the same way in the biggest games the same way for the last 5 years.Punch them in the mouth and they stall, spit, backfire, fart and sputter.
And the defense succumbs from the pressure. I've seen enough of the arena ball crap.

My point was winning one isn't some kind of mark of greatness its getting there and doing it multiple times. Remember when Aaron Rodgers was the GOAT because he won a SB as a 6th seed and was surely going to win multiple rings?

Oh ya he's been one and done 4 times in his career, every year besides that run. (I am not going to count beating the Vikings with Joe Webb at QB as an accomplishment, technically it is 3 one and dones)

Hmmm also I think I've read an article similar to this before

yes yes it was in January 2010 and then again in January 2011

Strangely enough these articles disappeared around January 2012, curious as to why :confused:

Well, they bought and paid for expensive gold plated shovels to bury the Patriots with in 2007, and it kills them that they still haven't been able to put them to use.

Well, they bought and paid for expensive gold plated shovels to bury the Patriots with in 2007, and it kills them that they still haven't been able to put them to use.

It's really sad how this story is rehashed every year. Brady's gone to the Super Bowl 5/11 times in his career. If history holds true he should be 6/12 next year with a little luck and hopefully a shiny new deep threat/non-munchkin receiver ;)

just thought I'd stop by the board to check out the bridgejumpers.

hasn't disappointed me --- except I don't see the all caps BLOW IT UP!! thread, but maybe that got merged.

Crap article my ass.

Its like Groundhogs Day.

The secondary sheet the bed again. You knew it was coming as soon as Talib pulled up lame. The Ravens waited until the 3rd quarter to own the NE secondary for some reason. I kept thinking why wasnt Flacco going after Arrington?

Chung, Arrington, McCourty are the 3 wasted roster spots. This team desperately needs a Safety who is worth a damn in coverage and another CB not named Cole, Arrington or some joker off the streets. Were likely stuck with McCourty another season ( his 4th and last) unless BB puts him out of his misery and cuts his sorry axx ala Darius Bustler.

Chung, Arrington, McCourty are the 3 wasted roster spots. This team desperately needs a Safety who is worth a damn in coverage and another CB not named Cole, Arrington or some joker off the streets. Were likely stuck with McCourty another season ( his 4th and last) unless BB puts him out of his misery and cuts his sorry axx ala Darius Bustler.
You need a pair of freaking glasses if you this McCourty is a problem. He just just switched positions midseason and was above average at CB before being a fantastic FS. Cutting him is literally the stupidest thing said on this board in the past year. Literally. GTFO if you're just going to spew crap like that all offseason.

You need a pair of freaking glasses if you this McCourty is a problem. He just just switched positions midseason and was above average at CB before being a fantastic FS. Cutting him is literally the stupidest thing said on this board in the past year. Literally. GTFO if you're just going to spew crap like that all offseason.

Youre freaking nuts if you think McCourty can cover.

Its like Groundhogs Day.

The secondary sheet the bed again. You knew it was coming as soon as Talib pulled up lame. The Ravens waited until the 3rd quarter to own the NE secondary for some reason. I kept thinking why wasnt Flacco going after Arrington?

Really? McCourty is a wasted roster spot? I'm not like some here who think McCourty is a Pro Bowl Safety already but he has played pretty well there and is definately a starting quality safety, not some scrub who needs to be axed.

That being said we do need to add 2 to 3 more quality players in the secondary. We need an upgrade at the other safety spot. Chung, Gregory, and Wilson are not good enough. Make a run at Landry. He will add toughness to a group that needs it. Resign Talib, and draft/sign another CB for depth.

Youre freaking nuts if you think McCourty can cover.
Bull freaking crap. There aren't five free safeties in the NFL that are better in deep coverage than McCourty right now, and that's without ever spending an offseason there.

Its like Groundhogs Day.

He's got a five-year deal. :)

BB will give McCourty a new deal very fast. He's exactly the kind of player he loves.

Why are you so down on McCourty? He's the only consistent piece in there right now. While everybody else is hurt or flat out stink it's McCourty who is playing 2 positions without missing a snap.

Nobody is a bigger fan of them than I am. Triumphs right.Groundhog day all overagain.
Half the production out of high octane offense. Usual production out of a mediocre defense = big game losses.
I mean some of you guys did get your GED's right.
Lets do this again.
If you have a high octane regular season offense combined with a mediocre defense this will result in: A) Biggame win. B) Biggame loss
Take all day and a cheat sheet if you need it.

Crap article my ass.

If you mean they lost because the other team scored more points, then you are right, they lose the same time every time, Other than that, very dubious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes