PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Its Official: Miami-Jets game flexed to 4:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but the fins also have enough motivation to win the game. dont get me wrong , the jets CAN win the game but given their suckfest of past 5 weeks its expectedly questionable if they can do so.
I want us to win , at the very least eliminate the jets.

I can really give a crap about eliminating the Jets. I want to make the playoffs. Clearly--and most Phins fans recognize and admit this--the move of the game to 4 pm makes it easier for them. I can care less about the Jets.

How about this?

Ravens up 20-7 at halftime, Mangini orders the troops to tank it, Dolphins win the division... and then the Jaguars come from behind to beat the Ravens 21-20, and the Jets' loss gives the Pats the wildcard. How funny would that be? :D

I want the division, but it will be in the Jets' best interests to stay competitive from start to finish.

Hmmm, David Garrard starts slinging it and makes a big comeback against the ravens defense.

Hmmmmmm.

Does this really need to be explained? Because the Ravens game will not have even started. I would have been fine if all three games had been on at the same time. That would have been great. But the Patriots game will be finished by 4. So there won't be any doubt. If you had two games going on alongside the Jets-Phins, there would be a lot more variables involved. Pretty simple answer.

Evidently this does need to be explained because the results of the Patriots/Bills game is irrelevant to the Jets (which is what the last 100 posts have been talking about). They are in if they win and the Ravens lose, else they are out.

So, whether it's 2 games (Dolphins/Jets and Jaguars/Ravens) being played at the same time or 3 (include Pats/Bills), it is indeed irrelevant to the Jets as far as their playoff hopes are concerned.

Huh, he said the league wants Miami in the playoffs. We can't both get in.

No, he's saying that the Miami game Sunday has drama for that reason. As for who the league would rather see in the playoffs, it's the Pats.

Evidently this does need to be explained because the results of the Patriots/Bills game is irrelevant to the Jets (which is what the last 100 posts have been talking about). They are in if they win and the Ravens lose, else they are out.

So, whether it's 2 games (Dolphins/Jets and Jaguars/Ravens) being played at the same time or 3 (include Pats/Bills), it is indeed irrelevant to the Jets as far as their playoff hopes are concerned.

The Pats/Bills game is irrelevent to the Jets? Of course that's not true.

Maybe it's too much egg nog, but this simple reasoning appears lost on a majority of posters.

Wait!

Just thought of a completely different spin on this. The Jets are complete choke artists, right? Anytime anything is actually expected of them, they lose. They sometimes WIN if nothing is expected, when they're underdogs. So let them play loose....I mean, think about it. A big Jets win that means nothing will only further kill their fans, which is what the universe seems destined to do.

Now, again, with Baltimore playing at the same time, the Jets WILL have something to play for. But if enough of their attention is focused on the Pats, then that could be a boost.

wow the NFL just seriously F'd you guys in the ass

my hate for the pats is well known, but damn.....this is beyond unfair

everyone knows you make teams playing for the same playoff spot or division title, play all at the same time to avoid shenanigans

if the jets win anyway after a NE win, then it's all a moot point, but this looks really dirty

Maybe it's too much egg nog, but this simple reasoning appears lost on a majority of posters.

simple but incorrect....it's really not that complicated....and I'm certainly not going to explain it again.

BB said on weei it kinda makes their job simpler-just concentrate on our game.there is nothing else to watch

Okay, so let's say the NFL didn't move the Jets-Fins game or the Ravens-Jags game, and they're all playing at 1 pm along with the Pats. It's halftime and the Pats are blowing out the Bills, and the Ravens are blowing out the Jags. The Jets are then in the same "may as well tank it" scenario that many here are fearing will happen late Sunday afternoon.

In other words, there's no conspiracy by the NFL; the same thing could happen whether or not those games were moved.

BB said on weei it kinda makes their job simpler-just concentrate on our game.there is nothing else to watch

In BB we trust.

So I am not concerned.

Bring em on!!

Okay, so let's say the NFL didn't move the Jets-Fins game or the Ravens-Jags game, and they're all playing at 1 pm along with the Pats. It's halftime and the Pats are blowing out the Bills, and the Ravens are blowing out the Jags. The Jets are then in the same "may as well tank it" scenario that many here are fearing will happen late Sunday afternoon.

In other words, there's no conspiracy by the NFL; the same thing could happen whether or not those games were moved.

....less likely to happen in 2 games than 1 though. Of course it COULD happen, but less likely. I'm not sure why people are arguing against the fact that this gives the Dolphins an advantage..it's obvious.

I think it was Felger who was saying last year that being around the SB it was obvious how much the Patriots were hated. Del Rio complained about our supposed cutting out of radio signals. Mangina, we don't need to talk about.

S C R E W E D.

Yeah, but Man-GINA is still coaching FOR HIS JOB isn't he? You don't suppose the Jests owner would call down to him and say "Listen Ratface, we ain't getting in........Let's FU(K the Patriots and let Miami get in.......Lay down"......do you???? This is all very suspicious.....

Yeah, but Man-GINA is still coaching FOR HIS JOB isn't he? You don't suppose the Jests owner would call down to him and say "Listen Ratface, we ain't getting in........Let's FU(K the Patriots and let Miami get in.......Lay down"......do you???? This is all very suspicious.....

And wouldnt you think somone would get wind of this information, inform the NFL and the commish would do something? Oh wait.....nevermind.....Roger "Jets" Goodell probably told the owner of the jest to tell mangenious to do so.....

Personally i like this. Pats will play without watching the scoreboard and not worrying about what else is happening elsewhere.
Trust me, mangini doesnt want pennington to beat him .its far bigger a deal than letting the pats in.
You are kidding right? No contest......Man-GINA has lava hot HATRED for BB.....on the other hand, He let Penny go.....no bad feelings there........

Nope....as we all have seen....ANYTHING can happen in the second half of a football game.....not a good comparison IMHO.....

Nope....as we all have seen....ANYTHING can happen in the second half of a football game.....not a good comparison IMHO.....
You're absolutely correct regarding comebacks.

The point I was trying to make was in regards to those that felt the Jets-Miami game being moved to 4 pm was awful for the Pats, because of the likelihood of the Jets tanking. In my opinion there is no greater chance of that (Jets tanking) happening with a 4:00 game than a 1:00 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes