PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's been a pleasure talking football with you this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase

On the Roster
Reaction score
I think we got a gem of a game on monday night that was somewhat tainted by a not-so-great call at the end.

There were several things the pats did that I didn't think they'd be able to do. The way they shut down the carolina running backs was impressive. Special teams were fantastic. Brady carved our defense apart like no one before him has been able to do, and the pats o-line was able to move our d-tackles around a good bit on running plays.

A note on Cannon: I had previously thought that leg whip was a dirty way to try to get Charles Johnson out of the game. I was pleased to see after the game that he sought Johnson out after the game to apologize. Classy move, he didn't have to do that.

Cheers.

I think we got a gem of a game on monday night that was somewhat tainted by a not-so-great call at the end.

There were several things the pats did that I didn't think they'd be able to do. The way they shut down the carolina running backs was impressive. Special teams were fantastic. Brady carved our defense apart like no one before him has been able to do, and the pats o-line was able to move our d-tackles around a good bit on running plays.

A note on Cannon: I had previously thought that leg whip was a dirty way to try to get Charles Johnson out of the game. I was pleased to see after the game that he sought Johnson out after the game to apologize. Classy move, he didn't have to do that.

Cheers.

Didnt know Cannon did that. Good the hear. But he still deserves a hefty fine.

The Panthers have proved they are a good team in this run they are having. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of 2003, if that is in the cards. Until then, good luck with the rest of the season and thanks for all the insight on the Panthers.

Congrats! Cam came through in the clutch. Good game.

cam newton saved the panthers, and the panthers were handed more than one gift

the panthers were exposed to a degree. the defense can be pushed around when the offense goes big

panthers deserved the win

Cheers.

Thanks for your contribution. You've got a hell of a good team, good luck in the other division. I live in NC, but it's all about college basketball here.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Hope you come back here from time to time. Fun talking to ya.

A bit disappointed because our offense basically had their way with the Carolina D. (Did we go 3 & out once?) Gave up too many 3rd and long plays on defense. That red zone fumble ended up being the difference.

Oh well, if that's the best defense we play this year, I look forward to the rest of the season.

Thanks for letting me visit this week.

Good luck the rest of the way.

I'm disappointed we didn't win but it was a great game. I'm just hoping the Panthers go on and hand the Dolphins and Jets a loss as well. Just because we always win our division doesn't mean the afce sucks.

You were impressed by our d shutting down your backs, but as much as I hate to say it the jets run d is much better than ours and I would love to see if you guys could have any success against that front.

I'm disappointed we didn't win but it was a great game. I'm just hoping the Panthers go on and hand the Dolphins and Jets a loss as well. Just because we always win our division doesn't mean the afce sucks.

You were impressed by our d shutting down your backs, but as much as I hate to say it the jets run d is much better than ours and I would love to see if you guys could have any success against that front.

NE did a great job against the run....but I think that commitment made Newton's night easier as a passer. Focus on the run and not having a great pass rush....kinda set Newton up to have a nice day. Carolina had 6 offensive possessions - scored on 4. Many long drives. Injuries have been brutal for you guys.

That can work b/c erratic Newton still shows up at times...but this years Newton has pretty much done well when teams give him the pass.

Cheers.

Cannon's a good kid. I seriously doubt that was on purpose.

Jase and Doubletrouble, good on you guys! Helluva game. You have a good, up and coming team over there and the HC knows what he is doing.

Thanks for visiting and contributing this week.

Always good to have posters from opposing teams come visit when they're knowledgeable and polite. Good luck the rest of the way, would love a rematch in the Super Bowl.

Hey, could you guys do us a favor and trounce the Fish by 30 this week and humiliate the Jests by 50 in week 15?

That would pretty much make up for the call on the final play.

Cheers.

We all ultimately want to watch good clean football (from the players and the officials).

Both teams showed they have flaws. Carolina strikes nearly everyone as a very strong football team and it was great to see how the Patriots - despite the fact that there are a lot of backups and rookies playing - generally rise to the occasion.

As far as the last play, true winners know that you try never to leave a game altering decision in the hands of officials in the final seconds. Some of those you win - some you lose.

But close games between closely matched teams is the reality - so one hopes the refs can do a better job in the future.

Congrats on the win guys, well deserved. Got a good team there and a lot to be excited about.

NE did a great job against the run....but I think that commitment made Newton's night easier as a passer. Focus on the run and not having a great pass rush....kinda set Newton up to have a nice day. Carolina had 6 offensive possessions - scored on 4. Many long drives. Injuries have been brutal for you guys.

That can work b/c erratic Newton still shows up at times...but this years Newton has pretty much done well when teams give him the pass.

I put this down as a "good loss" for the Patriots. Going up against a team like Carolina was a good test for the players and the coaches - and they almost pulled it off (some think they actually did)

For Carolina fans they should take note that, as good as their Defense is, when you are up against a savvy QB like Brady or others in the league, you can't expect to have the same type of game against a guy like Kapernick who isn't exactly a quick or smart decision-maker (yet) - and likes to abandon the pocket and run...

So when it comes to a polar opposite like Brady, Carolina can't fully rely on that Defensive approach - and they'll see better and better QBs in the playoffs.

So an interesting "test" game from both sides. As far as the Patriots, even with a loss against Denver they're still in good playoff shape for the AFC East title

The real season starts come the playoffs - and it would be great to see a rematch of the Panthers Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Congrats. Fuging good game. :tape:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes