PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's All About The Quarterbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
How the QB's are rated, where they are drafted, and what trades are made for them will continue to greatly affect this draft as expected.

The top three quarterbacks could go in the top 10. Quinn will likely be traded for a mid-low first.

Sanchez has moved for a likely 17 to a possible top 5 pick. KC can hold an auction at #3 for whoever wants a QB.

This is pretty amazing for the worst QB class in years.

I don't know that it's the worst QB class in years. Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman compare reasonably well to Ryan, Flacco, Henne and Brohm in 2008, or to Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn in 2007.

I agree that the QB's will shape the draft. I see all 3 going top 10 with Stafford and Sanchez going top 5. I think Seattle will take Sanchez if he falls to #4, which gives KC some leverage to trade out of #3. I think Green Bay has leverage to trade out of #9 for someone who wants to move up for Freeman. Tampa Bay signing Byron Leftwich may indicate that they recognize that Freeman is likely to go higher than #19; with no 2nd round pick (already t traded to Cleveland for Kellen Winslow Jr.) they lack leverage to trade up. Michael Lombardi noted today that Freeman is a hot prospect and is rumored to be a potential top 10 pick, something that I suggested might happen a few weeks ago. Just as Baltimore traded up from 26 to 18 to get Flacco, I see someone trading up for Freeman if Stafford and Sanchez go early.

I don't see Brady Quinn going for a mid-1st round pick. I understand that in a seller's market he may get overpriced and I have no doubt the Browns will ask for a lot, but I just don't see it. But then again, I didn't see the Cutler saga dragging out to the point of a trade, either. Dryheat clearly saw that one before I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes