PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's 1am, I missed most of the game & I need answers. Where are the summaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap Dominique Easley

85777AF4AB1249424650258571264_331e0f867da.4.6.909782945434546976.mp4

Edit:

This is a better link because the video loops. you'll want to see this play more than once.

https://vine.co/v/eIhl7bEbmnv
I think that play is even better when I watch it in THIS thread. The potential is there, its just a matter of how how MattyP is going to utilize the talent.

But keep in mind as you watch him and compare the "low" Easley with the high one.

I think that play is even better when I watch it in THIS thread. The potential is there, its just a matter of how how MattyP is going to utilize the talent.

But keep in mind as you watch him and compare the "low" Easley with the high one.

I think your Matty P point is a good one. Collins helps Easley make the sack we saw - I thought so last year, but almost more so this, Matty P needs to get Collins attacking the A gap as much as he can. Collins and Easley attacking the interior OL would be unfair.

DEFENSIVE LINE
We couldn't ask for more. The run defensive defense was awesome with Mayo and Hightower back. Branch should be an OK backup. Sheard is a major addition.

DOBSON
If the ref had ruled the other way, we would been saying that Dobson was a lock and a could be a major contributor this year. I think that he's a lock.

SECONDARY
They played against a terrible set of wide receivers and looked OK. Consider just how much we would have been criticizing them if their receiver hadn't dropped SIX balls.

The good news is that the secondary will improve. We seem to have the personnel to succeed. We have our five. Swanson could sneak on the roster as a 6th corner, with Ryan as a ST only player.

3. Dobson looked rusty to me. The catch that turned into the Tillman interception was a) a nice catch of a poorly thrown pass, and b) the wrong call by the refs. He was on his back and touched by the defender with the ball in his possession. It should have been a completion. Yeah, I'm a homer. Sue me.

That was exactly my opinion too. The REF blew it. It should have gone as a reception, as Dobson was down, laying on his back holding the Ball when touched.

Dobson had a nice long ball catch later to set up a score.

My criticism of Dobson if there is any, is the pair of penalties he received. The second (really the first), INT was purely on Brady. I think Dobson had a pretty good game overall, and provides the passing game something that no other receiver including La Fell does, a sizeable, fast, deep, receiving threat.

After watching Dobson play, I am more sanguine having LaFell start on PUP if necessary. As it stands otherwise the entire receiving corps is all smurfs. Edelmen, Amendola, Harper and Krause hardly look like anything, but a PoP Warner sized squad.

DEFENSIVE LINE
We couldn't ask for more. The run defensive defense was awesome with Mayo and Hightower back. Branch should be an OK backup. Sheard is a major addition.

DOBSON
If the ref had ruled the other way, we would been saying that Dobson was a lock and a could be a major contributor this year. I think that he's a lock.

SECONDARY
They played against a terrible set of wide receivers and looked OK. Consider just how much we would have been criticizing them if their receiver hadn't dropped SIX balls.

The good news is that the secondary will improve. We seem to have the personnel to succeed. We have our five. Swanson could sneak on the roster as a 6th corner, with Ryan as a ST only player.

I have felt that the criticism of the secondary is overdone. There is considerable talent there, the Safties from top to bottom are good, experienced and of good size. Only McClain is a smurf with the CBs, and all have experience starting to one degree or another, in the NFL. Something that couldn't be said of secondaries prior to Talib's arrival. Last night all made plays and each gave up a few receptions.

If the prejudice against Logan Ryan as a whipping boy wasn't so well established, having been transferred from Tavon Wilson, even Ryan had a fairly good game making several plays including a couple of PBUs

People forget that Revis had a relatively poor Superbowl, getting beat for a TD, and allowing several other completions. IOW the Pats won XLIX without Revis' contributions. They can do so again.

I missed most of the game at a poker tournament,
Frolicking in the devil's playground, eh? Time to clean up your act and get those priorities straightened out. (Or maybe record the game to watch later?) ;)

Last edited:
That was exactly my opinion too. The REF blew it. It should have gone as a reception, as Dobson was down, laying on his back holding the Ball when touched.

Dobson had a nice long ball catch later to set up a score.

My criticism of Dobson if there is any, is the pair of penalties he received. The second (really the first), INT was purely on Brady. I think Dobson had a pretty good game overall, and provides the passing game something that no other receiver including La Fell does, a sizeable, fast, deep, receiving threat.

After watching Dobson play, I am more sanguine having LaFell start on PUP if necessary. As it stands otherwise the entire receiving corps is all smurfs. Edelmen, Amendola, Harper and Krause hardly look like anything, but a PoP Warner sized squad.
I thought it might have been a catch too, but I can see how this boiled down to a ref's judgment call. The ball didn't appear to stop moving while Dobson had his hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST