PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It was already a matter of time: Brady trade talk has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open question, no agenda: if Brady left, by whatever means, what percentage of current members here do you think would leave with him?

They wouldn't leave, not as many as you think anyway (I don't think), but a lot would cheer Brady over the Belichick Patriots on whatever occasions the Belichick Patriots stood in the way of his #4.

They wouldn't leave, not as many as you think anyway (I don't think), but a lot would cheer Brady over the Belichick Patriots on whatever occasions the Belichick Patriots stood in the way of his #4.

im assuming you would be one of those rooting for brady and his new team against the Patriots

that is very illuminating

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...gland-patriots-impact-quarterback-future-team

So when did Chris Mortensen get access to the Patriots pre-game meetings at Gillette? It's pure hearsay until there's a credible source. This kind of stuff helps to circle the wagons and focus guys like Brady, Vince, Revis, Mayo, etc. The last time we read speculation like this by the national media was Spygate.

Last edited:
Open question, no agenda: if Brady left, by whatever means, what percentage of current members here do you think would leave with him?

The question is almost funny, it is, however, a valid question.

I think after 5 - 10 weeks of incessant screaming, finger pointing and insulting of other posters ...... virtually none would leave. Maybe I'm wrong on the the timescale. I think Brady stays and I will continue to avoid ESPN (except #54).

Maybe we should ratchet down the invective.

i hate to have to post like this......but people just aren't always honest about their biases

If NE gets it's mojo back (season is young), you need the vet QB. If NE is just scraping to make the playoffs with no realistic shot at the big game, find out what treasure Brady can fetch.

...in the offseason of course.

I love this argument. If they had any idea that TFB would have become what he did they wouldn't have waited until the 6th round to take him, QBs taken that late are intended to be camp arms who might compete for the backup QB job.

They won the lottery when they drafted him, I don't see why that becomes a genius move rather than a lucky one.

It makes them smarter than everyone other team in the league that passed on him.

The fact is, the type of people in our fanbase who give us our reputation (the trade Brady for Cassell, offensive line is bad so Brady sucks crowd), are a minority. They're a very, very, very small minority.

Even if internet posters inflate it to something that looks in the neighborhood of 20%, it's far, far, far less. For every one person posting on this forum, there's untold thousands of people who aren't that are die hard Patriot fans.

If Brady was traded, New England would be overwhelmingly crushed, pissed off, and feeling completely betrayed. There's a lot of love for Brady in New England living rooms everywhere, where fathers, sons, families, people, are all right now eagerly waiting for the Cinci game who you will never hear from.

If trade-whispers turn out not to be just tabloid trash click bait, Kraft and Belichick are under estimating the backlash from native fans. Take that to the bank.

That said, just to add my two cents to a play along, if the worst comes (a Brady release or trade), the best story that could come out of it would be him going to Cleveland and getting his 4th for the victory-starved Browns that already have a lot of pieces in place.

Instant unanimous GOAT status.

Sorry, the Brows already have a QB. Led them to a comeback from down 28-3 today.

The possibility of Brady not finishing his career in a Pats uniform is gut wrenching. If he did leave us, I'd blame the team for what went awry. I would still cheer for Brady.

Besides I strongly dislike Kraft. Belichick can be great but recently I've grown tired of his attitude. Something is very wrong with the team and the fact that he deflects or totally shuts down potential criticisms in media questions isn't too impressive.

Strongly dislike Kraft. I wonder why that is? He only rescued this team from the abyss (or St Louis, whichever is worse), put in place one of the best management teams in NFL history and built a new stadium with pretty much nothing but his own money.

Sure, I can see why you'd hate that.

The Pats won't get rid of Brady. He's profitable to the franchise. He's money in the bank. Sure, he may not be able to win another Superbowl the way he has in the past (with heroics), but he's still a topnotch QB and with a good supporting cast can lead the team to another Superbowl victory. I think the grumblings simply have to do with the fact that the Pats are off to bad start. This may not be a great season, but the Pats will find a way to do okay.

The Pats won't get rid of Brady. He's profitable to the franchise. He's money in the bank. Sure, he may not be able to win another Superbowl the way he has in the past (with heroics), but he's still a topnotch QB and with a good supporting cast can lead the team to another Superbowl victory. I think the grumblings simply have to do with the fact that the Pats are off to bad start. This may not be a great season, but the Pats will find a way to do okay.
That, and they have a good young QB.

The mediots would love to start a QB controversy, even if none really exists.

It makes them smarter than everyone other team in the league that passed on him.

I keep hearing that we can't criticize BB because the draft is a crapshoot, if that's true the 6th round GOAT is also due to luck, they got lucky.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...4769436/sharing-thoughts-on-brady-and-tension

A lot of this is overblown as I said. Pats are not playing well.They have shown propensity to trade their players early. Their offense is struggling and brady is visibly frustrated. Its an easy story to create . "Brady -trade "will get you instant clicks. It reminds me of the 2007 witchhunt by espn. Its so stupid that at 2-2 pats would be talkign all this. You need to watch the BB micd up with oakland game. I dont see any friction between them.
Everyone is just piling on. Brady is not getting freedom for pre snap calls. BS. What will he do with the pre snap anyway, he is getting zero blocking.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 2h2 hours ago
No surprise Brady's influence on Patriots offense has diminished as @mortreport reported. They've been running NE Offense 4 Dummies 4 weeks

And that's self-inflicted, not related to Brady, because they can't even execute the basic stuff due to line flux, new players & injuries.

I'm sure Tom wants to run his stuff, but at this point they're just not capable of doing that. I'm sure it's frustrating.

Yes, this is sad but true.

Some of us think of the patriots #4.

Some of this think of Kraft's #4.

And some think that somehow #4 belongs to the coach or quarterback.

It was only a matter of time before this came to a head. This may not be a big deal normally but Brady never says a thing.

We will see what happens but they may lose big tonight so this could get much uglier.

Of course, most of us would be patriot fans if Brady were to go.

Many of us would root for Brady EXCEPT when he played the patriots. Some would just wish him well, as with any of our players who move. And some would root against any player who leaves, since all of sudden they would become no good.

And as there were Favre fans, Manning fans and Tebow fans, there are Brady fans who follow and root for an individual player. Brady fans are here now, gone tomorrow. Obviously, there are lots of types of bandwagon fan. This is one.

The real Tom Brady is starting to reveal himself.
The heat is on Tommy so now we've got media members publicly airing the whisper campaign coming from Brady and Co. about lack of weapons and coaches and blah.....blah.....blah....
Time to "man up" Tommy Brady....if possible. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back