PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It was already a matter of time: Brady trade talk has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
#ontocincinatti

They can get rid of Brady if they want but I don't believe that's the case and I think it would be a terrible move for the team. Brady is not the problem, even though he is not playing well. Brady has made a career out of identifying weaknesses in opposing defenses and exploiting them, the problem now is that he can still identify the weaknesses but he doesn't have the time or confidence in those around him to exploit them. If they can get the OL settled and he can start to develop some faith that his skill players will be where theÿ are supposed to be then they can turn this around, but they need to do that soon. Tonight would be a good first step.

Of course, most of us would be patriot fans if Brady were to go.

Many of us would root for Brady EXCEPT when he played the patriots. Some would just wish him well, as with any of our players who move. And some would root against any player who leaves, since all of sudden they would become no good.

And as there were Favre fans, Manning fans and Tebow fans, there are Brady fans who follow and root for an individual player. Brady fans are here now, gone tomorrow. Obviously, there are lots of types of bandwagon fan. This is one.

Brady would mean about as much as Sergio Brown.......BTW he looked pretty good today

They can get rid of Brady if they want but I don't believe that's the case and I think it would be a terrible move for the team. Brady is not the problem, even though he is not playing well. Brady has made a career out of identifying weaknesses in opposing defenses and exploiting them, the problem now is that he can still identify the weaknesses but he doesn't have the time or confidence in those around him to exploit them. If they can get the OL settled and he can start to develop some faith that his skill players will be where theÿ are supposed to be then they can turn this around, but they need to do that soon. Tonight would be a good first step.

the throws into triple coverage this year while other people are wide open says otherwise. brady seems off, and hasn't had any of that fire that he had last year.

Confidence is key. After tonight, he's gotta have a little more of that back, in himself and in his teammates. Tonight is something they can build on.

I think his trade price just went up.

brady.gif

Confidence is key. After tonight, he's gotta have a little more of that back, in himself and in his teammates. Tonight is something they can build on.

Agree completely, and that's a best case scenario given what they were looking at going into that game. They really played a balanced and really well executed game offensively from start to finish,

Can we close this now? He ain't going nowhere.

I wonder if it's the same source that made up the story about Dobson and Josh fighting.

Read the story carefully and you'll see intentionally vague wording from "sources" like my Uncle Bob.

multiple sources told ESPN that they believe it could influence whether the quarterback finishes his career with the team that he has led to three Super Bowl titles.​

Is this from the Dan Dierdorf School of using a lot of words to say absolutely nothing?

Multiple is 2, since ESPN is reputable enough to wait for a second "source" to back up something this stupid. No mention of level of source. Could be the hot dog guys in the stadium for all I know. And unless it's a top-ranking level, what they "believe" doesn't really mean much. Sure it could. Any player's attitude could influence whether they retire with that team. Doesn't mean there's any truth to the story.

I believe Brady's day will come and he will end up somewhere else, simply because he will play until he can't play anymore. He's not riding off into the sunset, he loves it too much. Jimmy may be the guy to succeed him. I just don't believe this source has any legit inside intel and this is a total non-story.

This thread can get lost now. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back