PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It is OK to question WTF is going on, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by richpats
Just like in 2006 when Belichick traded Branch and left us with no credible threat at WR, costing us regular season wins and ultimately the AFC championship?

I think the offense more than did an adequate job in that game, the defense (probably because of the flu) lost us that game.

We should fire that piece of crap HC. He's only like 120something and 26 in the last 7 seasons and we've only won 3 superbowls and been to 4 and didn't make the playoffs once not to mention lost out on the division and conference championships a couple of times. 31 other team must be laughing at us. We should get one of their success oriented geniuses to run the show here like...um...ah...:confused:

Hello Mr. Sensitive - does sand reside in that sackless crevice between your legs?

I think the offense more than did an adequate job in that game, the defense (probably because of the flu) lost us that game.

So did not having Branch factor in the Denver, Indy, 2nd Jets or 2nd Miami game that year? I think it did.

Nothing wrong with questioning. It's been a bizarre couple of days.

Just don't lose your mind about it. It's only football, after all.

Well said.

Yeah and what will happen when inevitably one or two of our four corner backs gets hurt? I'd take 2004 Asante and Blue over two rookies or one rookie and Lewis Sanders.
Good grief...Firstly we do NOT know who we will have going into game one.. Is the game tomorrow? Show me where it is on the schedule..please!! And who knows WHAT moves they will make if they do NOT make a move this week.. They are playing KC...are you REALLY afraid of their passing game?? Please..GOOD for you who'd you'd take..Boy the football geniuses are out there!!! Watch out NFL!!

Hello Mr. Sensitive - does sand reside in that sackless crevice between your legs?

I thought you were leaving the board because another poster hurt your feelings by calling you a Jets fan.

I thought you were leaving the board because another poster hurt your feelings by calling you a Jets fan.

My feelings weren't hurt by being called a Jets fan, it just seemed that the board was being taken over by jagoffs and it seemed like a good time to leave. But I came to my senses, those jagoffs (and they know who they are) aren't worth a damn and are no reason to quit the board.

My feelings weren't hurt by being called a Jets fan, it just seemed that the board was being taken over by jagoffs and it seemed like a good time to leave. But I came to my senses, those jagoffs (and they know who they are) aren't worth a damn and are no reason to quit the board.

OK then, let's all be civil.

There is not a better coach in the NFL right now than Bill Belicheck. But he makes some really weird personel moves from time to time. In fact, their organization has been 0-3 since 2004. The Pats fail to realize that this isn't 2001 anymore where they can sign chumps and magically win a superbowl. That year was a fluke, the talent around the NFL was not as good as it is today yet they still keep going the cheap route. Way to try to replace Samuel with Fernando Bryant and Jason Webster; look how that worked out! Their plan backfired in '05 and '06 but '07 was a fantastic year for the front office. The point is, if they expect to win a superbowl, their going to have spend a little more money on players than scrubs listed above. Look for their plan to really backfire this season. I have said it over and over again, their secondary is going to get torched.

Last edited:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200701130rav.htm

He had something to do with this win on their road to Peyton's first ring.

Fair enough. For some reason I remembered all the field goals being shorter. Didn't realize there were 50+ ones mixed in.

Still, one game doesn't make it worth it, and you could argue the defense was the real reason they won that game. Not to mention Indy didn't exactly need Adam in order to make an upgrade of Vanderjagt :D

There is not a better coach in the NFL right now than Bill Belicheck. But he makes some really weird personel moves from time to time. In fact, their organization been 0-3 since 2004.

As compared to the vast majority of organizations that have been 0 forever since the 70's, 80's or 90's or longer...:rolleyes: At least we won the division 3 times and a conference championship in that vast 3 season time span.

OK then, let's all be civil.

I just posted this in another thread but it would seem to fit in this one as well. Lets allow more trolls on the site so that Patriot fans will band together instead of attacking each other. I don't think there is another fan base in the NFL that fights among themselves so much.

We all root for the same team people :)

So you're a film maker and I've watched some movies. Let's say you were even better than you are, say the best film maker in the world. You make a film.

How much respect would you give a guy like me, who saw Lady and the Tramp 15 timess, and most of Nicolas Cage's movies, to question the way you made your film. More than okay?

More than question, how much credence would you or anyone in the film industry if I said that you have blundered? Would anyone put any stock if I were to disparage your camera shot setup or whatever you call it without the slightest comprehension as to what went into your decisions as to why you chose those setups/angles and what process you used. Or would you in the industry chuckle at me sense of egotism and self-importance?

Yeah, film is art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the process; you really think it is more than okay for me to think I am smarter than the best filmmaker in the world?

"World famous Doctor person, I notice that Drs X and Y are assisting you in this brain surgery. That is absurd. You should be using Drs A and B."

We all have our favorites and opinions. We are all entitled to them.

What is ludicrous is believing that we somehow know MORE than the FO, to the point where we label thier decisions stupid, to pretend we have the slightest clue as to why decisions are being made and what is the "right" decision.

There are some dumb front offices in the NFL. None of them are in Foxboro.

All some of us are saying is to chill the hell out, everyone. You might think your team wasn't 18-1 last year and the odds-on favorite to win it all this year. You can't point to a single game on our schedule and say that we have very little chance of winning it. Enjoy the ride. We have the best QB in hte league, the best WR, the best DLine, the best head coach and the best owner. What the hell more does everyone want? A guarantee of winning every game again? Isn't it god enough to be the best team with the best chance of winning it all?

chill out, everyone

So your sense of good movies is equal to being a lions fan? :D

The difference is of course that I have to make money based on what people like. In FB, people like winning, but they forget that until the season starts.

And you forgot, we have the best slot receiver in the league too, along with what will likely shake out as the best draft of any team this year. :cool:

As compared to the vast majority of organizations that have been 0 forever since the 70's, 80's or 90's or longer...:rolleyes: At least we won the division 3 times and a conference championship in that vast 3 season time span.

The point I'm trying to make with that statement is that every move the Pats make, these fans think it's the right move. Everyone makes mistakes and some people on this board fail to realize that Bill and Scott aren't perfect. Whatever they have done the past three seasons, has not worked. They need to make some changes in personel decisions.

Last edited:
Fair enough. For some reason I remembered all the field goals being shorter. Didn't realize there were 50+ ones mixed in.

Still, one game doesn't make it worth it, and you could argue the defense was the real reason they won that game. Not to mention Indy didn't exactly need Adam in order to make an upgrade of Vanderjagt :D

When you go to kick a FG in a road playoff game and you get the feeling the only points your team is going to get that day will be from your foot, and your legs get shaky and you start sweating, a 30-yarder seems like a 60-yarder. Adam was clutch in that game and he had to be.

The point I'm trying to make with that statement is that every move the Pats make, these fans think it's the right move. Everyone makes mistakes and some people on this board fail to realize that Bill and Scott aren't perfect. Whatever they have done the past three seasons, has not worked. They need to make some changes in personel decisions.

I guess that depends on your definition of worked. The organizations lofty goal is to be competitive every season. Fans around here have misrepresented that goal to mean anything short of a Lombardi is abject failure. That's simply not the case. How many teams win a Lombardi more than once in a decade (or more) and how many are consistently competitive for several years and counting.

Some people here fail to realize that we all know Bill and Scott aren't perfect. Just close. Which is pretty damned incredible comparatively speaking.

Last edited:
Somebody need to ask BB about his late moves on WEEI show? I want to know because my head is spinning right now.

I agree that I feel pretty nervous with our CB situation. We cant go forward with Hobbs/Wheately/L. Sanders/Wilhite, even if Meriweather does play some corner. Lose Hobbs and I am really scared.

Imagine how bad the CB situation is, when losing Hobbs scares us all! :eek:

Depends, do you want some Blue Koolaid? If so, step over here to the right, if not and if you think you can criticize managment decisions as a Pats fan, even the teflon front office, then step over here to the left. I'm over on the left.

I hammered the Bryant signing
I hammered the Chad Jackson release
I hammered the Eyes Caldwell signing

I watched an AFCCG game deer in the headlights at the RCA Dome where (Teflon Bill), sat there an watched critical seconds tick away with 2 timeouts in his pocket as Peyton stalled in the huddle, then stalled at the line and let the clock run down 44.9 seconds before he snapped the football on Addai's draw to win it. I'll never forget when the camera even pointed back over to BB as the time was ticking away and he looked like he saw a ghost, people were screaming for him to call a TO (atleast where I was) and he literally let 40 precious seconds tick away, those seconds that Tom could have used to come back to tie or win the game. It was clock mismanagment to nth degree.

We saw our own little 5'8" Ellis Hobbs isolated on an island against a teradactle with a 20 foot wingspan in the SB. A match up that never ever should have happened at that point in the game and our own BB saw it, just like we all saw it and he didn't call a timeout to get the correct defense set. Eli goes to Plax 90% of the time down there even when a safety is cheating over, never mind on isolation. We all know the result.

So today our Teflon BB cuts a 645K salaried 2cond round pick with tremendous upside and fills his roster spot with a guy that will be stocking shelves in two weeks.

But who am I to criticize ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case