PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It is more than just trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I trust bb, pioli and the krafts to give us the best possible team. This decade will be the best ever, even if the patriots do nothing else. And we can never give kraft enough loyalty for what he has done for us so far.

But, it is more than that. I AGREE with almost every roster move that has been made thus far, as well as Jonathan's position in the CBA negotiations. Obviously, sometimes this is based on trust. I never heard of Caldwell. But picking up a potential #2 for $1M a year has to be right. I would not have bid more for any of the relatively few who left (well maybe for Fauria, but again I trust bb that he must have little left).

It seems that we have done pretty well in the first 2 weeks of free agency: re-signing lots of our own at reasonable prices, making decisions on those with roster bonuses, and even picking up a free agent in the early going.

I TRUST that we will do as well in the next 4 weeks (before the draft), in the draft, and as we fill holes in the couple of months after the draft.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CONGRATS to pioli and bb and Kraft on a GREAT March!!!! and we still have another week!

yes..I agree...good post!!

It is a good post. The fans that get upset, concerning lack of signings would be so much better if they adopted Belichick's drafting philosophy to the FA's. Even the media...who should know better do the same.

We all know how most teams do their boards...and then each team adds their own philosphy from there. We all know...we have heard it over and over again how a player is selected because of talent and they fit the system. Yet, the fitting the system part kind of gets lost somehow.

Why it get's lost of course, is because only the most astute of football minds can get close to grasping it in it's entirety. Myself, I get the superficial parts of why he likes who he likes...and it's good enough for me. I never played so I don't use the terminology and nor do I care to...I leave it up to the experts to grind that out.

The media, could if they wanted go the extra distance and lay out why certain players are not good fits. Salary, intelligence, specific abilities and styles, stuff that would help the public temper their opinion a bit to at least understanding certain situations.

Kraft himself, said in an interview the other week at a Celtics game that...his words..."They don't really care how the public reacts because they have a job to do that pleases the fans in the end."

For myself...I accept that the guys out there either were too expensive and/or would not fit the system vs who is on the draft board at the moment. I don't exactly know who is on their board less and less as the rounds unfurl...so I drink the Kool-Aid and wait.

Not sure about Caldwell as a potential #2 - but then again, I'm the one always praising the Pats organization for finding that imperceptible upside and running with it. I think they do have returns in mind for young Reche, at the very least.

So, many happy returns!

PFnV

Good Post.

I, too, agree with the decisions BB has made thus far. I have trust in his drafting abilities, and I believe come September our team will be locked, loaded, and ready to go.

mgteich said:
Yes, I trust bb, pioli and the krafts to give us the best possible team. This decade will be the best ever, even if the patriots do nothing else. And we can never give kraft enough loyalty for what he has done for us so far.

But, it is more than that. I AGREE with almost every roster move that has been made thus far, as well as Jonathan's position in the CBA negotiations. Obviously, sometimes this is based on trust. I never heard of Caldwell. But picking up a potential #2 for $1M a year has to be right. I would not have bid more for any of the relatively few who left (well maybe for Fauria, but again I trust bb that he must have little left).

It seems that we have done pretty well in the first 2 weeks of free agency: re-signing lots of our own at reasonable prices, making decisions on those with roster bonuses, and even picking up a free agent in the early going.

I TRUST that we will do as well in the next 4 weeks (before the draft), in the draft, and as we fill holes in the couple of months after the draft.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
CONGRATS to pioli and bb and Kraft on a GREAT March!!!! and we still have another week!

This is a good post and I agree with you MG - if anyone deserves a large measure of Blind Faith, it is Kraft / BB & SP. It is very hard for even those of us that agree with their moves to part with our fan favorites that have meant so much to this team and its first three Superbowl victories.

All of that concern will quickly become a thing of the past as soon as guys like Caldwell make some catches and the victories pile up as the season progresses.

In the meantime, I cannot wait to see what they do with 20MM to spend!! One thing we can be sure of, it will be spent and spent wisely, unlike other teams we have watched so far.

fgssand said:
In the meantime, I cannot wait to see what they do with 20MM to spend!! One thing we can be sure of, it will be spent and spent wisely, unlike other teams we have watched so far.

It's the anticipation that is getting to a lot of people, I think. It's screwing with a lot of their minds. Keep your heads on straight Pats fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News