PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It Can't Be! (Update: Nope, it isn't!) The Pats' Draft board on camera??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats can deny it all they want, but I have a suspicion that this was shown on accident. There's way too much information on those cards to be faking it. thats my opinion at leaste

Music to a con man's ears.

Even if this draft board is real it doesn't mean squat. We have too many picks to do as we please for any team to dictate what we are going to do. If we want Bowers or Quinn or whoever we will move up to get him. If we like Solder? Does that make him a fit for some other team to move up ahead of us for?

There might be something to the board. Kind of doubt but you bet it will be analyzed from now until after the draft is over to see if it was legit.

Even if this draft board is real it doesn't mean squat. We have too many picks to do as we please for any team to dictate what we are going to do. If we want Bowers or Quinn or whoever we will move up to get him. If we like Solder? Does that make him a fit for some other team to move up ahead of us for?

There might be something to the board. Kind of doubt but you bet it will be analyzed from now until after the draft is over to see if it was legit.

I'm getting a big enough income tax refund to re-gravel my driveway. Somehow that seems more exciting right now.

- Adrian Clayborn scored higher than Watt, Wilkerson, Heyward
-

LOL. Another Binky bites the dust.....actually not really.

If this draft board was real I cannot see Nick Fairley at the top; I doubt he is even on the Patriots board.

Last edited:
Whether its real or not im pretty sure the eagles have coincidently finished their board.

Ah, that explanation makes sense. It couldn't be the Pats' real board there in the media room. BUT, it was also impossible to picture the Pats themselves bothering to fabricate a plausible, professional-looking board that doesn't even follow the format they were explaining! PFW building their own "big board" for their pre-draft buildup coverage accounts for it all perfectly.

Psst...PFW dudes...Mike Pouncey is a guard, and Adrian Clayborn just ain't all that. ;)

Ahem, it's NOT REAL people. It's as fake as Pamela Anderson's boobs. PFW created that demo board just for that presentation. I have to admit that I was excited for a moment but that draft board ain't the real McCoy.

Oh man I have not had this much of a let down since my "hot" date with what turned out to be the high school's biggest Princess.

PFW should not have spilled the beans and let the rest of the league go nutz looking at the board. That would have been sweet.

Last edited:
PFW should not have spilled the beans and let the rest of the league go nutz looking at the board.

Oh...er...did I say "that explains it?" I meant "It's just another Belichick coverup! This information is PRICELESS! I sure hope nobody sees it and steals Adrian Clayborn from the Patriots."

It's obviously the real thing.

Also worth noting:
Twitter
It is crazy if anyone believes that Pats let their draft board be seen - Their draft board only has 15 to 25 players so let's be real.

Psst...PFW dudes...Mike Pouncey is a guard, and Adrian Clayborn just ain't all that. ;)

That's the one bit of this which doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you listen to PFW, you know that they all think Quinn is an OLB in this scheme, as are Aldon Smith and Ryan Kerrigan

Quinn, however, appears in the DE section of this board, whereas Smith and Kerrigan are nowhere to be found (presumably in the OLB section)

If the positions were done by PFW, along with the grades, then they would all be in the same section (OLB if the board is 3-4, DE if the board is 4-3)

Hence, I'm guessing, that the positions came from the team, and not from PFW.

In which case, is this telling us that the team thinks Quinn is a DE and not OLB?

Ahem, it's NOT REAL people. It's as fake as Pamela Anderson's boobs. PFW created that demo board just for that presentation. I have to admit that I was excited for a moment but that draft board ain't the real McCoy.

I'm not sure that's the most appropriate simile. Finding out that this draft board is fake makes it far less exciting to look at. OTOH, .....

I can't imagine that the Patriots would lump all of the 3-4 DE and 4-3 DE/OLB DE candidates into a single positional category.

I'm not sure that's the most appropriate simile. Finding out that this draft board is fake makes it far less exciting to look at. OTOH, .....
The other was never exciting? What are you saying about your silicone fetish?

As a public service... a few days before the draft some irresponsible reporter should "leak" that the board was actually the real Patriots board and that PFW was asked to cover it up. That would muddy the waters...:D

As much confusion as possible is needed on this story...

If anyone actually watched the video one of the great things i saw out of that was the comparisons caserio was using with Odrick to Ty Warren. Thats very interesting too me. I wonder what McCourty's comparison was? Also wonder if Odrick was compared favouribly to Ty Warren or not. Also of interesting questions because they obviously preffered mccourty over odrick

Also worth noting:
Twitter

That's really interesting, I remember hearing that before but never understood why. Does anyone know the particular reason the Pats have much fewer players on their draft boards compared to other teams?

Thank you VJC, I have an internet alert for anything that combines Pam Anderson's boobs and Patriots draft boards.

I will let you know if I anything else that meets this criteria comes up.

Real or not, it is amazing that I let series of 4 X 7 index cards ruin my life each year. I mean it is the NFL draft not the pentagon. I am a loser, beyond any possibility of salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST