PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It Can't Be! (Update: Nope, it isn't!) The Pats' Draft board on camera??

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
WTH? Check out this image from Tom Curran's video on Caserio's press conference:

curranboard.gif

Names, grades, in order. And the camera pans. Am I missing something? How did this happen?

Part 2:

curranboard2.gif

Last edited:
I can't imagine that BB is happy about this, and I'm sure that he will be looking for you Patchick for figuring it out...you may want to go into hiding.

IO', glad to see that they are high on Clay from Tulsa, I think he would make an excellent late round pick, he can play FB, TE, and special teams. What is more interesting is that they have Bowers ahead of everyone at DE, I didn't like seeing Watkins at the top of the guard board, you would think the age think would drop him down a peg (or two). I also agree with their assement of Wilkerson and Bailey as being much lower than the rest, funny to see how low they have Watt rated.

Cameron > Watt in their mind if its legit.

I didn't like seeing Watkins at the top of the guard board, you would think the age think would drop him down a peg (or two).
I don't care about his age, he'll be 30 at the end of his first contract and if he pans out (ala Mankins) we have to pay him top $$$ that we could just as well spend elsewhere. The first contract is where the great value is.

Wow that's AWESOME!!
And look at the grades they've got for the defensive ends. It looks like they have 8 of them rated as 1st rounders (7.9+). Interesting that Bowers grades out ahead of even Dareus for the Pats.

Bowers
Dareus
Quinn
Jordan
Clayborn
Watt
Wilkerson
Heyward

I didn't expect Clayborn to be rated that highly either! Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Also looks like if Watkins or Boling are around at 33 they might be the pick. They are borderline 1st rounders with grades of 7.8 and 7.6 respectively.

Cameron > Watt in their mind if its legit.

I wouldn't mind Cameron Jordan at all. I think he needs to gain more weight but he's probably a more polished prospect at this point in time so could contribute sooner. And BB likes his 1st round picks to contribute sooner rather than later.

As for draft grades, anything above a 7 is expected to be a good player. Check out the NFP grading system here for reference. It looks like there are no 9s given by the Pats for players in this draft. I wonder if Suh even got a 9 rating from the Pats or was he more of an 8.5?

Last edited:
I think Curran might have had his last interaction with the Patriots.

I'm also amazed they go three decimal places. The Patriots and luge timers.

I also, also notice no Taylor or Ellis at DT. Character issues = off their board. I like Seaver Siliga quite a bit, but I'm shocked how high he is here. And is that Lawrence Guy rated as a DT?

I also, also, also notice that my top 2 guards are the same as their top 2 guards. No Pouncey in the top 6. I wonder if c/gs just go on the center rankings.

Last edited:
interesting the drop off from Wilkerson in that DE list, also how low they have Watt

Plus how they have Solder as top OT - whats the betting on him now at 17

Im sure this isnt real, no way they'd let this out - if so its quite funny :)

Last edited:
Either BB intentionally allowed it to happen in order to mess with other GM's heads, or someone on the patriots will lose theirs.

...and Tom Curran will never be allowed in the building again.

Major items:

- Vincent Brown, #5 WR
- Mike Pouncey listed as a center, not a guard
- Adrian Clayborn scored higher than Watt, Wilkerson, Heyward
- Ijalana as #5 tackle, not guard
- DT board bears no resemblance to discussions here

Did anyone else notice clayborn ahead of both watt, Wilkerson and heyward! This is indeed very peculiar to say the least. This has to be a misdirection kind of thing, there is no other logical explanation.

I also noticed my boy bowers at the very top of the draft board for DE's I bet wilfork #75 will be happier than a pig in shyt if this is true.

Edit: patchick already noted that clayborn was ahead of some board binkies. Also patchick is it too early to gloat for my torrie smith love? :) I still think this is all a sham btw.

Last edited:
I think Curran might have had his last interaction with the Patriots.

I'm also amazed they go three decimal places. The Patriots and luge timers.

I also, also notice no Taylor or Ellis at DT. Character issues = off their board. I like Seaver Siliga quite a bit, but I'm shocked how high he is here. And is that Lawrence Guy rated as a DT?

I also, also, also notice that my top 2 guards are the same as their top 2 guards. No Pouncey in the top 6. I wonder if c/gs just go on the center rankings.

It was all over the news last night, local TV had the same stuff.. Caserio did a thing on the draft for local media.. so he was not alone, believe that Reiss also posted the same stuff.

Personally believe that BB is f..ing with someone's head...

Last edited:
Come on. The press is in the room with cameras and the Pats gave them a board to look at. There is a big sign next to these lists that says "mock draft". Just decoration for the press. Maybe these are the rankings from the draft service that most teams subscribe to.

Regardless......Not a chance in the world that BB would let the real info get out

Yeah, there's no way all this is legit.

If Curran stops getting his phone calls returned, Caserio disappears from public view until draft day and BB denies it was the real draft board, then we'll know for sure that ... the whole thing was a setup to screw with everybody's head.

Yeah, there's no way all this is legit.

I don't know....it seems like an awful lot of work just to help Curran out with a story. Now, they might be preliminary grades, from back in November or something. I find it hard to believe Bowers would be ranked so highly given his injury.

I'd be willing to bet it's a total head fake. A couple things I notice:

Fairley on the top of their DT list. While many draftniks may lust after him, he is a horrible fit here. He freelances alot and he's a pure 1-gap DT. I need my head examined if he's really that high on the Pats' real board.

Bowers the first on the list at DE. Horrible systemic fit. As a OLB maybe...maybe he works. But as a DE, not a chance.

A list of FBs? We haven't bothered with a dedicated FB in years.

Above all, Caserio and the Pats brain trust is too smart to genuinely screw up like that. If it was a screenshot from the War Room during the draft from NFLN or something I could buy an oversight. But this news conference was scheduled and the boards brought out specifically for it.

Last edited:
Some would like these rankings. Certainly Belichick might as his boards always differ from most mocks.

As others have stated, I think this is just a show and tell for the media.

But for those interested her is one more pic right before the image fades for those that are intersted...

Attachments

• draft2.JPG
    draft2.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,029
Look at the position titles, then look at the names. It's a 4-3 board on defense. This looks like the overall draft tracking board as opposed to the NE draft board, I doubt it gives away a great deal to rival teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST