PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It all makes sense if they land Haynesworth today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why we're not exactly loaded with a deep reserve of stud linebackers.

A 4-3, with Warren-Wilfork-Haynesworth-Wright.

LBs: TBC/Burgess-Mayo-Guyton/Crable

Secondary: McGowan/Chung-Meriwether-Butler/McCourty-Bodden

All at the mere cost of the manufactured 3rd rounder? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Let's not forget three 2nd round picks today also.

Um, Warren and Wright are not 4-3 ends. In a 4-3, the DE's have to rush the passer. That's not at all happening with these guys.

Unless were for sure switching to a 4-3 (which I doubt) I wouldn't take him and he wouldn't come here anyways because he doesnt want to play in the 3-4 he will probally go to the Lions or the Titans.

Last edited:
Um, Warren and Wright are not 4-3 ends. In a 4-3, the DE's have to rush the passer. That's not at all happening with these guys.

I don't see the New England Patriots molding their defensive philosophy all around making Mike Wright comfortable.

And, btw, Warren has played DE in a 4-3 on many occasions here over the years.

Once again, most probably, the trade never happens. I'm seeing several goods reason for it, though.

Last edited:
$4.5 million PER YEAR for the next two years according to WTEM in DC this morning.

I realized that, I was wondering what the contract is like after that if it balloons or ends or what.

I realized that, I was wondering what the contract is like after that if it balloons or ends or what.

The folks on the radio down here say he got the vast majority of it up front.

That's just how Dan Snyder rolls.

We aren't switching to a 4-3.

What about in 2001. Everyone is going 3-4 now. Seems like a good time BB to just fool everyone and take Hanesworth. There will not be a 100 rusher against the pats the next 2 years with him next to Wilfork.

I'm sick of the 3-4 anyways, we dont have enough talented personnel to run it any longer. But what we do have is a natural Weak side LB in mayo. Sam in Guyton, and coming soon McKenzie to MLB.

And now with the talent in the secondary, and the versitility with TBC at DE and Rush LB the options would be limitless. And BB and company would be poised for a run in 2010. And everyone that was complaining that we didnt get any big name FA's can go jump off a bridge, let the master BB work his magic.

At this point in time, he's a better player than Seymour whom you lamented that we 'only got Oakland's #1 pick next year'.

Getting Haynesworth for the manufactured 3rd is GREAT value. Plus Danny the Dunce already paid him the fat bonus. Next two years are at $4.5 million each.

That's actual data. Just writing, "no, no , just no" is not.

Bill is making a concerted effort this draft season to acquire driven guys to whom football matters. He's reinforcing the foundation from which a core emerges. Haynesworth doesn't care about anything but Haynesworth. What he wants to do, how he feels, what he makes... Bill isn't bringing that guy into this locker room.

Belichick didn't pick a DE/OLB last night because he didn't have one on his board with a first round grade per Michael Holley. They either were not scheme fits due to measurables concerns or like Kindle they are a mess. He has a DUI on his record. He crashed his car into a building texting. He has narcolepsy and ADD. He also apparently needs microfracture surgery on his knee. I'm not sure he's even remotely valuable in the second or third...he may be off Bill's board altogether.

at this point ill take anyone that can help the team but if mike shanahan, dose not want him why would BB. and we know about 3 weeks into the season the media will have a mic in he's face and he will be talking BS about the pats or every team the pats play.

BB could not handle AD who was the perfact patriot befor last year. when he's roll lessend IMO how will he handle Haynesworth, who is just 3 years removed from stomping on a guys head. the guy is a meltdown waiting to happen.

and IMO that pats are not a SB team with or with out Haynesworth, so ther is no reason to add a bad seed to the group young talent the pats already have and will add in this draft.

Last edited:
Haynesworth doesn't want to play in a 3-4 which is why he's available. If the Pats want to go to 4-3 full time Haynesworth is the best available player.

I would agree this one doesn't seem to make sense....But the only way it would IMO is if he just doesn't want to be nose in 3-4 and he would be end in 3-4 here.

But this one is more out there than Peppers or Seward

I don't see the New England Patriots molding their defensive philosophy all around making Mike Wright comfortable.

And, btw, Warren has played DE in a 4-3 on many occasions here over the years.

Once again, most probably, the trade never happens. I'm seeing several goods reason for it, though.

???? The point is not that Mike Wright will be uncomfortable, the point is that Belichick will be uncomfortable with two guys playing out of position. When I think 4-3 ends, I think Peppers, Allen, Kearse - tall, thin, athletic players - not Warren and Wright.

Last edited:
Bill is making a concerted effort this draft season to acquire driven guys to whom football matters. He's reinforcing the foundation from which a core emerges. Haynesworth doesn't care about anything but Haynesworth. What he wants to do, how he feels, what he makes... Bill isn't bringing that guy into this locker room.

Belichick didn't pick a DE/OLB last night because he didn't have one on his board with a first round grade per Michael Holley. They either were not scheme fits due to measurables concerns or like Kindle they are a mess. He has a DUI on his record. He crashed his car into a building texting. He has narcolepsy and ADD. He also apparently needs microfracture surgery on his knee. I'm not sure he's even remotely valuable in the second or third...he may be off Bill's board altogether.

This.

AH is a great talent- when he wants to be.

Guaranteed 40+ million? Is not versatile and cries when asked to play other styles. I would freaking lmao if we got this guy. Sure he is talented but seems to fit this team like one of OJ's gloves .

???? The point is not that Mike Wright will be uncomfortable, the point is that Belichick will be uncomfortable with two guys playing out of position. When I think 4-3 ends, I think Peppers, Allen, Kearse - tall, thin, athletic players - not Warren and Wright.

How would you feel if they got Albert Hanesworth and Osi Umenyiora today then? They are both avail for trade and I bet both would have a nice chip on their shoulders. Just the kind of people the Patriots need. Some Mean defense, Im so sick of the pats playing patty cake with teams on defense. its time to smack people in the friggen mouth.

Guaranteed 40+ million? Is not versatile and cries when asked to play other styles. I would freaking lmao if we got this guy. Sure he is talented but seems to fit this team like one of OJ's gloves .

Um... did you proof-read this for "not-making-my-pointness" before hitting submit??

Last edited:
1.) He plays a different position than Seymour, so your argument is not only petty, it's irrelevant.

2.) I don't give a damn how much money the guy's getting. He's a locker room problem.

3.) The Titans didn't like him enough to keep him. The Redskins don't want him. That's relevant data. I'm sorry if you needed it spelled out for you when it's common knowledge.
1.) Haynesworth has never played for a 3-4 team before the Redskins, so it's actually your point that's irrelvant. At 6-6, 320+ lbs, Haynesworth is a prototypical player at any of the 3-4 defensive line spots. He would play Seymour's position in our 3-4 defense. It's neither petty or irrelevant to point that out--in fact, it's the only reason we're discussing Haynesworth at the moment.

2.) Albert is a grumpy player, but calling him a locker room problem is a stretch. And you should give a damn about how much money he's getting, since that is a major factor in any trade for him. $4.5 mil per year for a player of his caliber is a bargain.

3.) The joke is on you. As those of us who are actually knowledgeable know, the Titans have been very interested in a trade to get Haynesworth back.

at this point ill take anyone that can help the team but if mike shanahan, dose not want him why would BB. and we know about 3 weeks into the season the media will have a mic in he's face and he will be talking BS about the pats or every team the pats play.

BB could not handle AD who was the perfact patriot befor last year. when he's roll lessend IMO how will he handle Haynesworth, who is just 3 years removed from stomping on a guys head. the guy is a meltdown waiting to happen.

and IMO that pats are not a SB team with or with out Haynesworth, so ther is no reason to add a bad seed to the group young talent the pats already have and will add in this draft.

Corey Dillon and Randy Moss say hello.

Just say no to Albert Haynesworth. :nooo:

1.) Haynesworth has never played for a 3-4 team before the Redskins, so it's actually your point that's irrelvant. At 6-6, 320+ lbs, Haynesworth is a prototypical player at any of the 3-4 defensive line spots. He would play Seymour's position in our 3-4 defense. It's neither petty or irrelevant to point that out--in fact, it's the only reason we're discussing Haynesworth at the moment.

You should look up the definition of the word irrelevant. I'll leave it at that.

2.) Albert is a grumpy player, but calling him a locker room problem is a stretch. And you should give a damn about how much money he's getting, since that is a major factor in any trade for him. $4.5 mil per year for a player of his caliber is a bargain.

He's a locker room problem, and I don't give a damn how much money he's making.

3.) The joke is on you. As those of us who are actually knowledgeable know, the Titans have been very interested in a trade to get Haynesworth back.

Hmmm......

The Titans didn't like him enough to keep him.

Are you saying that the Titans actually kept Haynesworth and the Ommissioner stepped in and just placed him in Washington on his own? If not, you should work on reading comprehension as well as vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back