PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it time to bench Corey Dillion????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean you are further embarassing yourself...

Reche Caldwell made perhaps the stupidest play of the night when he recovered a fumble...I allowed myself too breathe once he recovered it but then coughed it up on his own the very next second when he should have falled down. Maybe Reche should be benched? No...you dont do that, because he is one of our best recievers at the moment who is playing his best right now.

Laurence Maroney, FUMBLED awfully close to the goal line. Maybe we should chop his head off and call him a bust for it? NUT made a good point when he mentioned Dillon's run plus the penalty that was added on.

Thats 14 points we let slip because of those fumbles close to the endzone.

How about Watson? He fumbled twice, three times in the last two games. Why dont we bench him while we're at it? Again...no we dont do that because those fumbles were merely superb heads up plays by the Bears defenders.

I am a supporter of all four of the guys who commited turnovers tonight not mentioning Brady since often his INT's arent his fault.

Sean, please...I cant even refrain from calling you an idiot right now. Your countless stupid threads are pissing me off.

Maroney hardly did anything breath taking tonight himself, give Corey the ball inside the redzone any day and he'll score a TD, both can. You dont know what your talking about Sean...you rarely know what you're talking about. Your starting to sound like the ARCHIVES. He found the ideal time to pop up last week and start bashing Dillon because of a not so great game. Now I could easily find a number of games in which Maroney played BADLY in and start calling him a bust but that would be ridiculous and STUPID. Just like the crap you are posting.

Sean, notice the part where it mentions your 'countless, stupid threads'? That is a hint.

Sean, I agree with Ray Clay. We need to start benching people like you that post WAY TOO MANY stupid fanboy threads without any basis in reality. Go to another website if you want to post silly threads every day, or twice a day.

You need to stop posting new threads unless you actually have something remotely intelligent to say about the game of football, which you clearly don't fully understand yet.

How old are you, anyway? You clearly have not been a fan for much of your adult life, if you are an adult. :rolleyes:

how does he have a green reputation and I have a red... how do I make it go away!!!!
anyway.... NO NO NO. it is not time to bench dillon at all and it is actually pi$$ing me off that he is not in there more inside the 20. I do really like maroney, but I just think that Dillons greatest strength at this point of his career is pounding the ball in and it seems like lately maroney has been in there more in those situations.

Sean you are further embarassing yourself...

Reche Caldwell made perhaps the stupidest play of the night when he recovered a fumble...I allowed myself too breathe once he recovered it but then coughed it up on his own the very next second when he should have falled down. Maybe Reche should be benched? No...you dont do that, because he is one of our best recievers at the moment who is playing his best right now.

Laurence Maroney, FUMBLED awfully close to the goal line. Maybe we should chop his head off and call him a bust for it? NUT made a good point when he mentioned Dillon's run plus the penalty that was added on.

Thats 14 points we let slip because of those fumbles close to the endzone.

How about Watson? He fumbled twice, three times in the last two games. Why dont we bench him while we're at it? Again...no we dont do that because those fumbles were merely superb heads up plays by the Bears defenders.

I am a supporter of all four of the guys who commited turnovers tonight not mentioning Brady since often his INT's arent his fault.

Sean, please...I cant even refrain from calling you an idiot right now. Your countless stupid threads are pissing me off.

Maroney hardly did anything breath taking tonight himself, give Corey the ball inside the redzone any day and he'll score a TD, both can. You dont know what your talking about Sean...you rarely know what you're talking about. Your starting to sound like the ARCHIVES. He found the ideal time to pop up last week and start bashing Dillon because of a not so great game. Now I could easily find a number of games in which Maroney played BADLY in and start calling him a bust but that would be ridiculous and STUPID. Just like the crap you are posting.

Excuse me mr expert.. Im sorry I didnt come on board with you in 2003.. I did say I made a mistake, but obviously your too perfect.. I did say a little later that I should have stated we should reduce his carries, but he has put the ball on the ground alot in the last 3 yrs, some were not called fumbles.. But then again you did not discover football till 2003 along with mr 5 rings, so I should not be surprised..

Excuse me mr expert.. Im sorry I didnt come on board with you in 2003.. I did say I made a mistake, but obviously your too perfect.. I did say a little later that I should have stated we should reduce his carries, but he has put the ball on the ground alot in the last 3 yrs, some were not called fumbles.. But then again you did not discover football till 2003 along with mr 5 rings, so I should not be surprised..

What we said was that your threads suck and you need to stop posting so many kneejerk fanboy topics and instead reserve your threads for the rare occasion you have an intelligent comment.

I also asked how old you are since you sound like a typical fanboy with very limited exposure to football and/or life in general.

So, how old are you?

Sean, notice the part where it mentions your 'countless, stupid threads'? That is a hint.

Its great when fellow Pats fans ,bash fellow Pats fans.. Im glad this a forum to have opinions, but I forgot about the bandwagon fans that have come on since 2001.. my bad.. Forget I even said anything, wow, you think I would have said lets bench Brady for Vinny Testeverde. Again I will repeat what I said, I made a mistake about benching him, I should have put it, we need to take some carries away, and give Maroney more opportunites in the end.. But I guess we have a bunch Mike Irvin wanna a be's ...

What we said was that your threads suck and you need to stop posting so many kneejerk fanboy topics and instead reserve your threads for the rare occasion you have an intelligent comment.

I also asked how old you are since you sound like a typical fanboy with very limited exposure to football and/or life in general.

So, how old are you?

Again , another way to bash fellow Pats fans, I forgot you only jumped on board since we signed Junior Seau.. My bad for you but welcome aboard, hopefully you will see 5 rings for Brady, unless you jump off to be a Jets fan..

Maybee its time to cut his carries in half, not benching him..
Good idea. Just cut back on the carries where he would have fumbled or had a short gain, and only give him the ball on carries that he gains a lot of yardage. Do the same for Maroney. That should get our average above six or seven yards a carry and no RB fumbles.

On plays where either would have been stuffed or would have fumbled, have Brady pass. If the pass play would have resulted in an interception, have him throw it out of bounds. No ints, no fumbles. Brilliant!

Cory will play again in 2007 with reduced carries and will be gone

by 2008.

Again , another way to bash fellow Pats fans, I forgot you only jumped on board since we signed Junior Seau.. My bad for you but welcome aboard, hopefully you will see 5 rings for Brady, unless you jump off to be a Jets fan..

The immaturity rings out in your responses, teenager.

Again, your age?

I've been watching football since 1969. And you?

So, how old are you?

Dont worry ,when I decide to post a topic , I will come to you grand pooh bah, because you are be all that is all on Pats football.. I will try to remember that..

The immaturity rings out in your responses, teenager.

Again, your age?

I've been watching football since 1969. And you?

Oh good that you will be able to get your Joe Willie Jersey out of mothballs, when you become a Jets fan again..

Dont worry ,when I decide to post a topic , I will come to you grand pooh bah, because you are be all that is all on Pats football.. I will try to remember that..

I'm glad to hear that you won't post anymore stupid topics about the color of uniform we need to wear, or benching whoever, without asking me first.

It will keep a lot of crap off the site and allow us to concentrate on intelligent threads.

All the young fanboys flooding this site have made for a lot of garbage topics lately, and you are part of that trend.

By the way, how old are you?

how does he have a green reputation and I have a red... how do I make it go away!!!!
anyway.... NO NO NO. it is not time to bench dillon at all and it is actually pi$$ing me off that he is not in there more inside the 20. I do really like maroney, but I just think that Dillons greatest strength at this point of his career is pounding the ball in and it seems like lately maroney has been in there more in those situations.

You must have really screwed up! You're the only one I know with a red dot.:D

im not saying bench dillion, but give the start to maroney. Use dillion on short yardage situations

What a dumb post. Thats what a moron does when he has no arguments.

First of all what the hell is with Mr. 5 rings? Are you speaking of the Patriots. They have three rings buddy, not 5. They have been to 5 SB's. Won 3, lost 2. I see you have yet to figure that one out. Seeing your threads all I know is I have watched football a hell of a lot longer and more than you, so has everyone on this forum.

Fumbling is hardly able to be considered one of Dillon's "problems". Giving more carries and putting more weight on another back is such a dumb idea considering it seems Maroney is already getting more carries then Dillon. There would be absolutely no need to lower Dillon's carries further. Maybe you just want to see Maroney's stats higher or see Dillon sit on the bench....but I want to see my team win and splitting the carries is exactly how our running game is going to help us do just that ;).

Your pointless to argue with, Im sure you watched alot of football, but Ive been a fan since 1978.. I will make sure I check with you as well before I give a opinion, Im glad fellow Pats fans call fellow Pats fans morons.. Maybee you should go to a jets site, and see what fans are morons..

To answer the original question of this thread, no we shouldn't bench dillon but I think it would be a good idea to start giving maroney more playing time. There is no question in my mind that CD looks slower now. He is still very effective on short yardage situations though and he does pass block pretty well.

No benching needed. CD is way too valuable for that. I'd love to see how he does every now and then lined up as a FB though. I think CD would be excellent on those quick handoffs that evans gets. Corey can bull rush DL's early on in the play while they're still a bit off balance as the ball is snapped.

To answer the original question of this thread, no we shouldn't bench dillon but I think it would be a good idea to start giving maroney more playing time. There is no question in my mind that CD looks slower now. He is still very effective on short yardage situations though and he does pass block pretty well.

No benching needed. CD is way too valuable for that. I'd love to see how he does every now and then lined up as a FB though. I think CD would be excellent on those quick handoffs that evans gets. Corey can bull rush DL's early on in the play while they're still a bit off balance as the ball is snapped.

Thank you for the mature and honest response.. , that is all I was looking for..

Quit bumping this stupid thread, it's offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case