PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it just me....or is there zero SB hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got me for mutual consolation.

It's funny to see all of the Steeler fans come out of the woodwork ("jump" out of the woodwork) once DEN won the game last week. Meanwhile, they just lost to the same damn team a week earlier! That's the mentality around here. I'm being totally serious when I say that almost every single person on my social media feed posted the most asinine memes and ridiculous comments. All the whos in whoville were overjoyed at the thought of seeing Brady and the Pats lose.

They're disgusting. In my opinion, the worst fan base in the league. Totally classless (aside from a couple of good posters who come here), one-sided idiots, represented by the "super genius" himself, Mark Madden.

I have not ventured "home" in about a month, but Columbus OH seems to have a Manning-love fest. Lots of "neutral" fans who love the Donks all the sudden.
"He deserves to go out on top."

I will tell you this- I felt like the Steelers gave Denver a better game than we did. I felt Ben held up better under pressure and their receivers got free for some big plays. They also ran on them pretty effectively.
But that fumble...

I live in the Midwest and I've never seen so little interest in the superbowl. Even the smaller things like at my work, right after the AFC/NFC championship games every year get bombarded with "where's the superbowl squares" etc.....not one person has asked nor was one done. Just really weird, we have always done one but not this year, and Noone seems to care, Noone is even talking about the "big game".

I wonder if it has something to do with the mainstream press all in Iowa for the Presidential caucus in addition to no Patriots. The last three Presidential election years 2004,2008 and 2012 had the Patriots in the Super Bowl and the caucuses didn't overlap the Super Bowl...
There will be the usual hype come Wed but it does seem like it is quieter than in past years..even when the Patriots weren't playing.

Outside of NC and SC...that's it for the main market of fans. Pats fans have NE...and so many others based on winning in the past

I live in SC, Charleston area, and nobody cares here either. The natives don't really see the Panthers as their team and the other 80% of the population comes from Ohio, NJ, Mass, Conn, etc.

One would think the Panthers would be a national story, going 17-1 so far and demolishing everyone in the playoffs.

If SB50 is a ratings bomb, I will feel some small measure of vindication as a Patriots fan.

Goodell, the league, and the owners don't care/understand the first thing about integrity but they understand ratings perfectly. If the Patriots fans (and patriots haters) tune out of the big game for lack of interest, it may force the league to reconsider the wisdom of their policy of trying to screw the Patriots over in the name of "parity."

Unfortunately i don't see ratings dropping at all..but hey i can hope

I'll do my part by not watching it but I doubt that will have much impact.:rolleyes:

After the crap the league just pulled, I hope at least one or two Patriots fans will decline to watch SB50. Chances are the game is going to suck anyway and the superbowl commercials are getting worse each year.

I live in the Midwest and I've never seen so little interest in the superbowl. Even the smaller things like at my work, right after the AFC/NFC championship games every year get bombarded with "where's the superbowl squares" etc.....not one person has asked nor was one done. Just really weird, we have always done one but not this year, and Noone seems to care, Noone is even talking about the "big game".

Same, we're struggling trying to fill out our superbowl square pool.. we've never had a problem in the last several years getting it filled out

My plans are to spend the afternoon drinking, eating, throwing darts, and listening to music with friends.....maybe come game time, we will watch the original 3 games to glory

You mean you guys aren't hyped to see Peyton get destroyed in another SB and throw another vintage pick 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents