PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Felger wrong again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP#40

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Felger the DB states in his column this morning :" If the Pats lose another game, or if Cincinnati can pick itself up off the carpet and win at Kansas City this weekend, they will be the #4 seed and will host #5 Jacksonville. A win in that wild card battle would send the Pats to Indianapolis the following week."

It is my understanding that if the Pats beat Jax and the Steelers beat Cincy, the Pats would head to Denver the following weekend and the Steelers would play the Colts. If Cincy and the Pats win, then the Pats would go to Indy for their second game.

Maybe I'm being too picky because I dislike the guy, but if you're the Pats beat writer, shouldn't you be able to get the basic facts correct?

He was right if you assume both favorites would win. But he was technically wrong for not giving every scenario. He was probably trying to simplify it.

You can't assume Pitt beats Cincy at Cincy. Felger is correct, assuming the higher seed wins.

oldrover said:
You can't assume Pitt beats Cincy at Cincy. Felger is correct, assuming the higher seed wins.

I agree, but he made it sound that if they beat Jax they go to Indy. I'd say the Pitt/Cincy game could go either way, I even think the Steelers will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News