PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Cunnigham that useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
That waste of space Ellis is playing infront of you kid, how sad. Nice pick Belichick. The kid wasnt a "pass rusher" at Florida and isnt going to magically turn into one, and I'm sure some of you are delusional enough to believe so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Carter is the greatest player ever, I expect a 2nd round pick to get some considerable reps. It's not as if we are an all-star team. We are not calling for him to be put on the field, we are just recognizing that he was probably a bad invesent.

Should you ignore the fact that your heavy investment in Company A gives no return because a lesser investment in Company B is giving good returns?
No. You would wish you never invested in company A.

No, you should either have not invested in competing companies or be happy that you're getting a net gain between the two.

No, you should either have not invested in competing companies or be happy that you're getting a net gain between the two.

spock.gif

the whining is incessant. makes boston talk radio unlistenable. like reading this board. and for anyone who wants to say "well don't listen or read" don't worry, i don't.

You've been arguing this entire thread.

I've been arguing that we don't need to keep Chad Jacksons because Wes Welker was a free agent.

If you can't see the difference between "hating" (still can't believe that) players because they were drafted by the team and being happy to acquire players like Welker, Arrington or Carter ho make your team better, I can't help you.

Why in the world would anyone keep moaning about draft picks when the players we have are producing? Some street free agents, some never drafted, who gives a flying fart? That's my argument.

Even if Carter is the greatest player ever, I expect a 2nd round pick to get some considerable reps. It's not as if we are an all-star team. We are not calling for him to be put on the field, we are just recognizing that he was probably a bad invesent.

Should you ignore the fact that your heavy investment in Company A gives no return because a lesser investment in Company B is giving good returns?
No. You would wish you never invested in company A.

You would bench the greatest player ever to justify a past draft board? Pretty much says it all about this thread.

Speaking of investments, you might think of letting go of that Lehman brothers stock, I don't think it's going back up.

It's easy to see why Cunningham has attracted so much attention. We've drafted one player to address the pass rush issue in recent memory. He got off to a solid start last year, and everyone was raving about how quickly he was learning the 3-4 olb position. He hasn't been a part of any play of consequence this season, so, after playing so much last season, it's natural to wonder wth happened.

Not a soul is rooting against Cunningham. No haterade, just disappointment.

It's easy to see why Cunningham has attracted so much attention. We've drafted one player to address the pass rush issue in recent memory. He got off to a solid start last year, and everyone was raving about how quickly he was learning the 3-4 olb position. He hasn't been a part of any play of consequence this season, so, after playing so much last season, it's natural to wonder wth happened.

Not a soul is rooting against Cunningham. No haterade, just disappointment.

Well, we picked up two good pass rushers for nothing. Has anyone considered the possibility that Cunningham could learn some from Carter and be a much better and more confident player once he works his way in? That's actually the way it usually works on the better teams. It's the garbage teams that force rookies in before they're ready to placate the fans. Carters not young, after all.

No one detects a pattern of the teams with the highest glamour picks sucking every year while the teams with the lowest are consistently good.

Obviously, teams wouldn't prefer to pick at the bottom, so there must be another reason. Could it be that teams that patiently work players in (Pittsburgh and NE for two) actually know what they're doing? These teams seem to get more out of free agents too. Pitts linebackers often don't start for a while and one of their best is a free agent.

Remember, buy high, sell low!!!!

Cunningham had 34 tackles and 1 sack in 11 starts and the only reason he was starting because he was the best at seting the edge out of TBC and Ninkovich yes does were your starting 3-4 OLB's last year the fact that he's not playing is a good thing that means the pats upgrade the pass rush,

did the pats wast a 2th round pick on a career back up like they did with brace and butler ? maybe but who cares at lest they upgrade that spot in FA

I've been arguing that we don't need to keep Chad Jacksons because Wes Welker was a free agent.

If you can't see the difference between "hating" (still can't believe that) players because they were drafted by the team and being happy to acquire players like Welker, Arrington or Carter ho make your team better, I can't help you.

Why in the world would anyone keep moaning about draft picks when the players we have are producing? Some street free agents, some never drafted, who gives a flying fart? That's my argument.

I don't think anyone's hating here. They're just down on the fact that Cunningham hasn't produced.

The patriots find solid starters with about half of their second round picks. Which team does better?

The patriots fill their needs through the draft, free agency and trades. Which teams does better in acquiring players?

The patriots record in the past 10 years is the best in the nfl. Perhaps we might consider that Belichick's strategy of acquiring players works pretty well.
===================

I find it useless to criticize picks after the fact. Some are winners, some are losers, some are so-so picks.

I find it very interesting to argue about picks before the draft and even have folks remind us for awhile of who they chose on Draft Day.

I don't think anyone's hating here. They're just down on the fact that Cunningham hasn't produced.

One of the posters said he hates Cunningham and Vereen.

Well, we picked up two good pass rushers for nothing. Has anyone considered the possibility that Cunningham could learn some from Carter and be a much better and more confident player once he works his way in? That's actually the way it usually works on the better teams. It's the garbage teams that force rookies in before they're ready to placate the fans. Carters not young, after all.

No one detects a pattern of the teams with the highest glamour picks sucking every year while the teams with the lowest are consistently good.

Obviously, teams wouldn't prefer to pick at the bottom, so there must be another reason. Could it be that teams that patiently work players in (Pittsburgh and NE for two) actually know what they're doing? These teams seem to get more out of free agents too. Pitts linebackers often don't start for a while and one of their best is a free agent.

Remember, buy high, sell low!!!!

I understand that you were citing one of my points to reinforce the draft argument, but I'm not down on our drafting, particularly not our best draft since we drafted Seymour and Light. The young players who have excelled with us have done it from the offset. Sure, they improve as they get more seasoned, but as long as they're healthy, they see the field from day one. BB is not one to guard a player who is worth something due to inexperience. He didn't guard JC last year.

Hopefully Carter can teach Cunningham to have a nonstop motor and bring down the QB when he beats his man. Carter is not the reason JC hasn't seen the field; JC is the reason JC hasn't seen the field. It doesn't matter if Carter gets 4.5 sacks every game. JC would see the field if he deserved it.

My lone hope is that Devin McCourty is also having a serious sophmore slump and that this is somehow tied to the lockout, so we could see Cunningham come back with a vengeance next year. He's still not the answer to who will replace Carter when he dies of old age.

I was just mad that they drafted Cunningham when they could have drafted Carlos Dunlap. Of course if Cunningham turned out to be a big contributor the pick would have looked genius. I'm not even saying that Cunningham won't amount to anything but I think Carlos Dunlap was a safer pick to make regardless of some minor off the field issues.

Because Anderson's not much of a player, and is a one-trick pony, Carter's 32 years old and likely to be only a very short-term solution, and the one player of the 3 who has age on his side (23 years old) hasn't shown the ability to do much of anything at a starter's level in the NFL.

The reality is that the team has 20 sacks, and had 15 total sacks in the 8 games prior to the Jets game. That's not at all impressive. To make matters worse, when you take out Carter (8.5) and Anderson (5.5), that leaves the rest of the team with 6 total sacks. Hell, Wilfork is tied for the 3rd most sacks on the team, with 1.5. That Cunningham can't crack a lineup like that more often than he has is not something that bodes well for his NFL future.

The Patriots linebacking corps has combined for 1.5 sacks this season, and by combined I mean that Ninkovitch has 1.5 sacks and the rest of the linebackers have 0. You may not see a problem there, but I think most people understand that to be an issue.

Because we have not had the talent to accomplish the ultimate goal in a long time. Because Sterling Moore looks to be our best safety one week after being activated. Because we have no pass rush. Look what BB was able to do when he had actual talent on defense. The Rob Ninkovich's, Phillip Adams, Mark Anderson's and Ihedigbo's of the world will only take you so far. A lesson we've learned repeatedly since 05.

At the time, I wanted us to draft Spikes instead of Cunningham. I was amazed that he was still available, even with his awful 40 time.

I was just mad that they drafted Cunningham when they could have drafted Carlos Dunlap. Of course if Cunningham turned out to be a big contributor the pick would have looked genius. I'm not even saying that Cunningham won't amount to anything but I think Carlos Dunlap was a safer pick to make regardless of some minor off the field issues.

Last edited:
Question: Is Cunnigham that useless

Yes, yes he is-Phineus

You would bench the greatest player ever to justify a past draft board? Pretty much says it all about this thread.

Speaking of investments, you might think of letting go of that Lehman brothers stock, I don't think it's going back up.

Yes because the greatest player ever gets to play every snap... And when a player is on the sideline for a few snaps, he is considered BENCHED. English COMPREHENSION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes