PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Corey Dillon going to the Hall of Fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but he would probably be the NFL all-time leading rusher if he played on those 90s Cowboys teams. He was already past his prime in New England in 2004 and he ran for 1,600 yards. He would have dominated if he played on a decent team during his prime.

No, but he would probably be the NFL all-time leading rusher if he played on those 90s Cowboys teams. He was already past his prime in New England in 2004 and he ran for 1,600 yards. He would have dominated if he played on a decent team during his prime.

Well past his prime. There used to be a youtube of his 278 yard game and it was quite incredible. A man among boys, as they say. He beat a whole 11 man defense down by the 4th quarter so bad that they just waived at him as he went by. Total domination.

Nope. Great RB but he isn't a HOF player imo. That's no slight as he had a great career but I just never saw him as an all time great.

First off let me say this, his running in 2004 was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on a football field. It was hard nosed, pound it down your throat, and at times unstoppable. The way he ran out the games in that playoff run was special. Clock Killin Dillon.

I think the Hall of Fame is really close call. I think he has numbers worthy of it and he has a ring but there were a lot of other great backs during his career and his off field antics will likely hurt his case. I could see it go either way but tend to lean toward no.

I think his best chance will be when a few of his teamates go in and the focus is on the Patriot Dynasty. Other than Brady and BB who is truly a lock?(Ty, Vinateri?). Show me another Dynasty with so few HOFers? At some point the comitee will have to consider some of the boderline guys from that team like Bru, Dillon, and Willie.

First off let me say this, his running in 2004 was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on a football field. It was hard nosed, pound it down your throat, and at times unstoppable. The way he ran out the games in that playoff run was special. Clock Killin Dillon.

I think the Hall of Fame is really close call. I think he has numbers worthy of it and he has a ring but there were a lot of other great backs during his career and his off field antics will likely hurt his case. I could see it go either way but tend to lean toward no.

I think his best chance will be when a few of his teamates go in and the focus is on the Patriot Dynasty. Other than Brady and BB who is truly a lock?(Ty, Vinateri?). Show me another Dynasty with so few HOFers? At some point the comitee will have to consider some of the boderline guys from that team like Bru, Dillon, and Willie.

In 2004, Dillon was a sight to behold. He was a major reason why we won the title. Though our D was still elite, we lost Ty Law AND Tyrone Poole, our starting corners, went to IR, replaced by Assante Samuel and Randal Gay. Therefore, his running late in games when we had the lead was so important, keeping those young guys off the field. He was just a joy to watch, and I remember Charlie Weiss yelling, "C'mon 2-8" whenever Dillon was running near the goal line, on that championship DVD. Still gives me chills.

I still think he should have been way up in the MVP voting that year. Without a doubt, the best year ever for a Pat's RB. Loved me some "clock-killin Corey Dillon". Hall of Fame, I think he doesn't get in, because of how underrated he was. He just piled on the yards without really getting the fame.

And for those who think Stevan Ridley is similar to Dillon, he's no Dillon. For your viewing pleasure, Ladies and Gents, here's Corey Dillon 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puPKyEtv1wE

Christ almighty. Reading some of the names in this thread takes me down memory lane. And no, Dillon isn't getting in.

Christ almighty. Reading some of the names in this thread takes me down memory lane. And no, Dillon isn't getting in.

yeah, real walk down memory lane. I wonder who has been here the longest. WE should have a thread, "When did you join Patsfans ?".

yeah, real walk down memory lane. I wonder who has been here the longest. WE should have a thread, "When did you join Patsfans ?".

That's easy. It's Ian. :D

I was reading the comments in this thread and I was super confused. I was like, "I...I thought he retired. H-How can you get 1000 yards next year if you're not playing?" Then I looked at the date this thread was posted.

He probably sucks at golf, but he's still got a better chance of getting a green jacket than a yellow one.

If Dillon had joined the Pats in 2001, he would get into the Hall.
His being on a bad team and being unmotivated I think kills his chances.

And I agree, Ridley isn't close to what Dillon was in 04.
I think Brady, Rodney, and Viniteri are locks for the hall. I think Law has a good chance. Will be interesting to see who else from that era gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back