PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting Time Warp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocHoliday

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
One thing that I think some people are beginning to realize is that the incompetence on the part of the refs has morphed the game back ten or so years.

Look at NFL's marquee teams:

NE: 1-2, GB: 1-2, NO: 0-3

That the high flying precision offenses are suffering are no surprise! These offenses are built on a precise passing game that assumes a modern breed of DB that has quickly morphed quickly changed into the defensive backs of the late 90s, early 2000s.

All the holding, PI, and illegal contact that's going uncalled right now is hurting teams with elite QBs. Physical dominating defenses that wouldnt have had a chance otherwise are doing great, with the Cardinals, Seahawks, and the more traditional defenses (aside from Pitt, it seems) doing very well.

VERY interested to see how NE, GB, and NO's fortunes will change once the normal refs are back. In the meantime, I think it's key BB prepares his team for some old school football if NE wants to compete. (I don't think the Ravens game was too indicative of this, as many other factors were at play in that game.)

Last edited:
Sorry, but I call BS on this theory.

The calls that went against us last night were against our defense, not our offense.

Mayo, Spikes, and McCourty all had phantom holding calls.

Last edited:
You missed my edit just in time at the end.

Would also like to add it's not just the specific non calls that are impacting the game - the general tone of the game has gotten rougher and more physical all across the board, further hurting these types of offenses.

It's a great time to be a big, strong D right now. Let's hope the Pats capitalize with their front 7.

Doc Holliday or Doc Brown?

Just one odd times thing:
- NFL.com research came u with the fact that Brady, Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees all lost on the same weekend for the first time week. Guess you can add Rodgers now too.
- And Brees is 25th in passer rating. Right behind Mark Sanchez.

Last edited:
One thing that I think some people are beginning to realize is that the incompetence on the part of the refs has morphed the game back ten or so years.

Look at NFL's marquee teams:

NE: 1-2, GB: 1-2, NO: 0-3

That the high flying precision offenses are suffering are no surprise! These offenses are built on a precise passing game that assumes a modern breed of DB that has quickly morphed quickly changed into the defensive backs of the late 90s, early 2000s.

All the holding, PI, and illegal contact that's going uncalled right now is hurting teams with elite QBs. Physical dominating defenses that wouldnt have had a chance otherwise are doing great, with the Cardinals, Seahawks, and the more traditional defenses (aside from Pitt, it seems) doing very well.

VERY interested to see how NE, GB, and NO's fortunes will change once the normal refs are back. In the meantime, I think it's key BB prepares his team for some old school football if NE wants to compete. (I don't think the Ravens game was too indicative of this, as many other factors were at play in that game.)

What are you watching??? The officials are calling MORE not less in the secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News